• F#@*!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I thought the game plan was good last night switching Kodi to the right to target their left side paid off big time. Nice balance with the offloading without overplaying their hand.

I’ve been a big Kodi knocker in the past but more games like that and I’ll eat my words. Thrived on the extra responsibility leading the team around and his short range kicking was superb. Chanel Harris-Tavita was good when he got his opportunities as well. Thought our tempo was a lot quicker without Green, it felt a bit more free flowing despite the conditions.

TheSultan

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
The last time we went to a grand final ( funnily enough against Manly )

We had arguably the worst halves combo in the competition ( Grant Ravs and Michael Witt ) and Lance Hohaia as our full back.

We are missing arguably a couple of our best strike weapons in Ken and the Fusitua yet we still managed to find a way to win the last few weeks.

Peta Hiku stepping up hard.

These guys are really putting in a huge effort here, given the circumstances, nearly came close to beating the roosters 3 weeks ago.

I mean that tells you these guys actually believe. They are not just making up the numbers to make sure the TV deal with Fox doesnt come under fire.

Good on them.

Warriors beat the panthers next week, and we will be the dark horse for the competition ( big words, really, making the top 8 would be a tremendous effort in itself )

You spelt Johnson and Maloney wrong re. Halves pairing last time we made the grand final

• Sad
Reactions: demco

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
The Hetherington Mike Tyson right hook on Tapau was instrumental in the win. Tapau was going into beast mode at that stage of the game was becoming inspirational.
Maybe Jack did it on purpose.

If he did on purpose he should never play again. No place in this game for Dog acts like that.

Based on his histroy though it's likely just his standard sloppy antics. Hence why he has been lining up for us and not the table topping panthers.

Personally I think he should have been marched. If the same thing happened to Tohu Harris or Roger we would be baying for blood

#robbiemears

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 1, 2015
Super impressed with the line speed in defence last night, particularly on our goal line. It reminded me of the Daniel Anderson era when Carlaw, Meli and co. would jam up and in and really force the hand of the opposition to take a few chances. The lads were rushing forward and putting DCE under pressure. That energy and commitment was missing from SK's iteration of the team.

That, and the sense that the players are scrambling harder to cover for each other, are the biggest improvements I've noticed since TP took over. Certainly positive signs for Brownie to take forward.

With the Dragons duo in the mix for next season, along with Elliott and Kane Evans, we could have the makings of a competitive squad - especially if Brownie can bring the best out of Chanel Harris-Tavita. The word I got on him is that he's a great competitor but a poor kicker, with no strategy-type awareness - like Josh Reynolds. So, very much a work in progress.

As an aside, it's worth noting that according to Smithy, the most exciting young talent at the Warriors is aged 17 and 18. This is where the fruits of POS's work will be most realised.

Last edited:

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
The Hetherington Mike Tyson right hook on Tapau was instrumental in the win. Tapau was going into beast mode at that stage of the game was becoming inspirational.
Maybe Jack did it on purpose.
You know I was thinking that too. Taupau was lighting up, making hard yards. I know it was a coathanger, but I was actually thinking to myself "take the cu** out before he wins the game". To see it happen did make me wonder..

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
If he did on purpose he should never play again. No place in this game for Dog acts like that.

Based on his histroy though it's likely just his standard sloppy antics. Hence why he has been lining up for us and not the table topping panthers.

Personally I think he should have been marched. If the same thing happened to Tohu Harris or Roger we would be baying for blood
It looked very sloppy but not deliberate, aimed at his chest but lifted too high in the end by getting Taupau across the chin which can happen in a fraction of a second. Probably deserves a suspension, but sending someone off during the game has to be proven deliberate or reckless to the extreme, like this Morley hit clearly was:

Always feel a bit for the teams that end up on the receiving end of a high shot and would really like to see an independent doctor do the HIA tests which would fairly allow a 5th bench player to be introduced and used as a concussion replacement . Losing Taupau for the rest of the game was nearly as momentum crushing as it would have been for us to be down to 12 for the rest of the game.

ArtySubs

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016

IMO he’s exactly what we need throw the cheque book at him, modern day Campion/ Villasanti clone with a hint of Monty.AWESOME!!!

demco

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 9, 2013
You know I was thinking that too. Taupau was lighting up, making hard yards. I know it was a coathanger, but I was actually thinking to myself "take the cu** out before he wins the game".

Maybe he knew he was not playing next week so he thought why not I will miss the game any how so WAM sorted him out smart play I think by him

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Re Chanel Harris-Tavita

I’m reasonably sure he picked up an injury earlyish in the 2nd half. It wasn’t commented on by the commentators but there was an inset picture which showed him flexing a leg as if he had an issue near the groin

Reactions: Zarjaz

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings