Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
And that’s me off the Toddy bus.

Burr and Jazz, when Murch is sitting there - Why? Burr won’t be here in 2021 and Murch will be, why deny him game time, shouldn’t we be getting the miles in now?!

Gee this Club are trying hard to disconnect with the last remaining few of us...

See ya Todd, Cows are calling.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Terrible team selection. Thought Todd deserved a chance but that's evaporated into little or none.

I still can't fathom why you wouldn't give the younger guys over there a chance. They're getting more scarred sitting in the stands watching this shit every week, just like us.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
The sad thing is we aren’t even giving younger players a shot and seeing who rises up.

Do we even have younger players anymore?

According to Payten we had 26 fit players over there, 2 are now out in Egan and Paasi one recovered in AK - so other than the 21 named there are 4 that could have been selected. Beale, King, and Hayze we know are there leaving only 1 other, possibly either Ale or Turner?

All your post does is prove we’ve been a mismanaged pile of shit since before 2013. I’d rather have a story from three or four weeks ago where our powerhouse team whipped the shit out of some cellar dwellers.

Kind of like, I don’t know, the Roosters.

People on here aren’t just feeling sorry for themselves, they’re also angry at the inept and pathetic state our club is in. The inept and pathetic state our club has been in since 2011 with the exception of 10 shining weeks in 2018.

I agree, it's a cool story and all, but we still missed the finals that year while the Roosters won the comp.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Payten reckons Pompey has a bit of class about him, if that’s true we haven’t seen it. He’ll need to bring it against the Roosters.

I'm struggling to remember how he went last year tbh. In 5 games he had 3 lines breaks, which is one more than Herbert had in 8 at least. Average running meteres about the same, but much worse tackle efficiency.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
I'm struggling to remember how he went last year tbh. In 5 games he had 3 lines breaks, which is one more than Herbert had in 8 at least. Average running meteres about the same, but much worse tackle efficiency.

I struggle also, maybe that's all that needs to be said lol.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Been allocated Chris SUTTON as ref & Jared Maxwell as baffling bunker review official

Geez, are there any decent officials in the NRL? Obviously not

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Team selection doesn't bother me.

Roosters could have 2 players sent off in the first 5 minutes and we'd still lose.

Why expose a bunch of new players and combos to that? Get this week's slaughter out the way and then move on from there.

Sammyw11

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 8, 2016
Team selection doesn't bother me.

Roosters could have 2 players sent off in the first 5 minutes and we'd still lose.

Why expose a bunch of new players and combos to that? Get this week's slaughter out the way and then move on from there.

every week is a slaughter regardless, let the kids get NRL minutes under their belt and build some resilience. who knows, the kids may even go better than the reserve graders we have playing NRL...

one thing is for sure, rotting them behind duds and loan players doesnt exactly build their confidence

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Mate we went from 3 teams in the finals
The first grade team was not full of superstars in fact we had one
A winger. Our team didn't have the best players .But they would follow
A game plan an defend as a team who gave a shit .We still had the same ref issues we just didn't let it best us.
After a long series of excuses we are where we are now .
Blaming our lack of success on players .GTFO
In one season we had Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ,Shaun Johnson ,Foran ,Luke . Mannering, ,Matalino
It's not the lack of players it's the wrong players .
We do not reward communication and intelligence .
We just keep bigger stronger just friggen stupid .
Run by stupid an playing stupid .
Our head coach is our previous attacking coach who achieved nothing
Why promote him ?
you had me right up till you named foran. He was a disaster in his short abortive stint here. He represents the bullshittery that has dominated this club for so long. Its not a rehab joint, its not a retirement clinic. Its a fucken professional Football team, they are paid like it, now i want them to play like it.

<BTW i really like the term Bullshittery, its my new favourite term so expect to see it alot>

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
But for me, I want to look for positives, look at the big picture, and try to look forward to the weekend even if the most likely scenario is that we get smashed by 50. That's just how I cope.

When you put it that way, it's a healthy fucking way to cope my bro. That's the most realistic version of keeping the faith I've seen explained. I'm sorry if my post came off as an attack too ... maybe time to dial back the frustration haha 😅

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
every week is a slaughter regardless, let the kids get NRL minutes under their belt and build some resilience. who knows, the kids may even go better than the reserve graders we have playing NRL...

one thing is for sure, rotting them behind duds and loan players doesnt exactly build their confidence

I'm all for letting the young kids take their lumps and learn, but there's a time and place for mass changes and against the most complete roster coming off a loss is really not the time.

I've often wondered if our youngsters lack confidence or just have their confidence stripped away by constantly being told they're not ready. A bit of belief can take a player further than a more talented player who lacks confidence.

I guess we'll see next week when mass changes may be unavoidable.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
you had me right up till you named foran. He was a disaster in his short abortive stint here. He represents the bullshittery that has dominated this club for so long. Its not a rehab joint, its not a retirement clinic. Its a fucken professional Football team, they are paid like it, now i want them to play like it.

<BTW i really like the term Bullshittery, its my new favourite term so expect to see it alot>
I like bullshittery as well I am attempting to master the dark arts of it myself .
That an trying to atain higher levels of deviousity .

• Haha
Reactions: Pozza and gREVUS

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
When you put it that way, it's a healthy fucking way to cope my bro. That's the most realistic version of keeping the faith I've seen explained. I'm sorry if my post came off as an attack too ... maybe time to dial back the frustration haha 😅
But it was poetic
It was like the self denial of supporting a shit team
The suppression of 20 years of disappointment
An the rage of realization of the futility of supporting that team
All shat out in one glorious post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating