Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrighty

Logically based on the last few performances possibly 60 -0 don't be surprised that's why they need a clean out.
A moral victory will be below 30 -0
They're missing Radley so that will reduce their potential output by 20 points.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave Brough

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Wow team looked terrible last game, some players look like they dont care about the outcome. Todd with this season effectively over in terms of results, do you think that you may shake things up abit and get some game experience to some of your promising younger players?

Todd Payton: Promising young players?? Nah Steve told me we dont have any of those before he left.

Reactions: Dave Brough

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
"Raft of changes" my arse. He's shuffled Blair to the bench and dropped Herbert. Egan is injured so Lawton to hooker and Jazz to 13 were forced. He's shuffled the deckchairs in the least disruptive was possible. I understand that there are restrictions on dropping the entire team, but fuck me. Payten has come up with possibly the least effective reshuffle available.

- Why the fuck is Hiku somehow still there? He's providing piss all on attack and Tedesco might set up 8 tries against him this week

- Herbert dropped for bombing a try? Okay great ... lets keep Hiku and promote *checks notes* ADAM FUCKING POMPEY? With apologies to his family if they're on here, the kid is fucking hopeless

- Blair to the bench? Yeah, that's a great fucking call. He will definitely provide impact. Definitely not a toiler that's best suited to absorbing the opening exchanges

- BURR FUCKING BURR? What did Murchie do that's seen him relegated to the shadow realm? Could we not given Curran a shot? Nope. 'safe' ol' never gonna break the line Burr.

- Yes lets continue to persist with the 'game manager' halfback that not only doesn't manage the game, but kills 9/10 attacking raids dead in their tracks. But we've gotta build continuity for when he's here during the less disrupted 2021 season don't w- oh.

Fuck this rabble and doubly fuck Payten. All his caretaker reign is showing me is that he doesn't have any original ideas or the ability to bring the squad together. I'll be watching this week and actively supporting the Roosters. I'm not even going to pretend to give these frauds the time of day this week.
I wish you would stop being so polite an say what you really think .

• Haha
Reactions: Akkerz and Fazz

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
just saw on twitter something about Paul Gallen.... and was thinking where would we be if he came on board when he offered... I think he would have shaken and whipped some of these weak minded fools into shape

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Gee we're all feeling a bit sorry for ourselves aren't we.

I'd like you all to cast your minds back to 2013. Not even two years after making the Grand Final, we couldn't look any further away. 8 losses in our first 10 games. Our only two victories were against Queensland teams at Mt. Smart -- a two point win over the Cowboys and a one point win over the Titans. We have zero consistency in the backline thanks to injuries and tinkering. Key players are coming out of their primes. Our defence is all over the place, letting in at least 16 points every single game. Anything good is essentially coming off the feet of a 22-year-old Shaun Johnson. We all know Matthew Elliott's days are numbered after we get demolished by Penrith, 62-6. Embarrassing. We look weak. Most of us were questioning the team's hunger, desire, will to win. Whether we were even worth having in the NRL.

After that, probably in an attempt to gather the smallest bit of pride, we start to put a bit of a run together. We get a scratchy win over a middling Newcastle, smash a broken Broncos side, and snatch a big upset against Manly purely because we did a better job converting our tries. But in round 14, it's destined to stop. We have to go away to a dominant Sydney Roosters team who have class across the park and a young genius in the coaching booth. Their backline then was arguably even better than it is now. Minichiello the linchpin, young guns Tupou and Sheck on the wings, and prime Jennings and SKD rampaging at centre. In the halves, the ever-reliable Mitchell Pearce, and the gem we know all too well: a peaking James Maloney. The forwards don't make it any easier. Pure grit in hardened campaigners like Luke O'Donnell, Martin Kennedy, Sam Moa and Frank-Paul The Wrecking Ball. Add Jake Friend, Boyd Cordner and Aidan Guerra, who were already being touted as rep fixtures, and Mitch Aubusson who is dependable as they come.

And on top of that, they managed to get Sonny-Bill Williams ffs. It wasn't a fair fight. What the hell were Dane Nielsen, Nathan Friend, Feleti Mateo, Dominique Peyroux, and Todd Lowrie going to do up against that lot? We were even without our first choice fullback. Yeah we'd strung a couple of results together, but anybody with half a mind for footy was tipping the Roosters by a pretty hefty scoreline.

And every single one of them would have been wrong.

We were completely outgunned and we pulled it off through hard work, endless running, and a massive shift at fullback by Glen Fisiiahi. We had a point to prove, and we turned up and proved it against the best team in the comp. The Roosters went on to win their next 8 games, and then take out the whole thing that season, because that's what great teams do. But sometimes, just sometimes, great teams get their pants pulled down by a makeshift fullback who is a future Counties Manukau rugby reject.

We're shit. We all get it. We can't stop talking about how shit we are. Our coach is shit. Our players are shit. Our owner is shit. Our management is shit. Our recruitment is shit. If we know all that, then I'm pretty sure they do. If we're all that miserable about the terrible effort on Sunday, then I can't imagine they're any happier about it. I don't doubt that they'll have a point to prove. They may prove it with aplomb, or they may fail spectacularly.

All I know is that come Saturday, they have 80 minutes on that pitch to prove everybody wrong.

Let's gone fucking Warriors.

GeneralPayten

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 5, 2020

I'd like you all to cast your minds back to 2013. Not even two years after making the Grand Final, we couldn't look any further away. 8 losses in our first 10 games. Our only two victories were against Queensland teams at Mt. Smart -- a two point win over the Cowboys and a one point win over the Titans. We have zero consistency in the backline thanks to injuries and tinkering. Key players are coming out of their primes. Our defence is all over the place, letting in at least 16 points every single game. Anything good is essentially coming off the feet of a 22-year-old Shaun Johnson. We all know Matthew Elliott's days are numbered after we get demolished by Penrith, 62-6. Embarrassing. We look weak. Most of us were questioning the team's hunger, desire, will to win. Whether we were even worth having in the NRL.

After that, probably in an attempt to gather the smallest bit of pride, we start to put a bit of a run together. We get a scratchy win over a middling Newcastle, smash a broken Broncos side, and snatch a big upset against Manly purely because we did a better job converting our tries. But in round 14, it's destined to stop. We have to go away to a dominant Sydney Roosters team who have class across the park and a young genius in the coaching booth. Their backline then was arguably even better than it is now. Minichiello the linchpin, young guns Tupou and Sheck on the wings, and prime Jennings and SKD rampaging at centre. In the halves, the ever-reliable Mitchell Pearce, and the gem we know all too well: a peaking James Maloney. The forwards don't make it any easier. Pure grit in hardened campaigners like Luke O'Donnell, Martin Kennedy, Sam Moa and Frank-Paul The Wrecking Ball. Add Jake Friend, Boyd Cordner and Aidan Guerra, who were already being touted as rep fixtures, and Mitch Aubusson who is dependable as they come.

And on top of that, they managed to get Sonny-Bill Williams ffs. It wasn't a fair fight. What the hell were Dane Nielsen, Nathan Friend, Feleti Mateo, Dominique Peyroux, and Todd Lowrie going to do up against that lot? We were even without our first choice fullback. Yeah we'd strung a couple of results together, but anybody with half a mind for footy was tipping the Roosters by a pretty hefty scoreline.

We were completely outgunned and we pulled it off through hard work, endless running, and a massive shift at fullback by Glen Fisiiahi. We had a point to prove, and we turned up and proved it against the best team in the comp. The Roosters went on to win their next 8 games, and then take out the whole thing that season, because that's what great teams do. But sometimes, just sometimes, great teams get their pants pulled down by a makeshift fullback who is a future Counties Manukau rugby reject.

We're shit. We all get it. We can't stop talking about how shit we are. Our coach is shit. Our players are shit. Our owner is shit. Our management is shit. Our recruitment is shit. If we know all that, then I'm pretty sure they do. If we're all that miserable about the terrible effort on Sunday, then I can't imagine they're any happier about it. I don't doubt that they'll have a point to prove. They may prove it with aplomb, or they may fail spectacularly.

All I know is that come Saturday, they have 80 minutes on that pitch to prove everybody wrong.

This was the moment when I finally got to see The Fish score a length of the field try in all his glory in the NRL. I swear I would have died and left some grudge type curse on this planet if I never got to see The Fish do this.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand

All your post does is prove we’ve been a mismanaged pile of shit since before 2013. I’d rather have a story from three or four weeks ago where our powerhouse team whipped the shit out of some cellar dwellers.

Kind of like, I don’t know, the Roosters.

People on here aren’t just feeling sorry for themselves, they’re also angry at the inept and pathetic state our club is in. The inept and pathetic state our club has been in since 2011 with the exception of 10 shining weeks in 2018.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland

Any more positivity crap like this, son, and the mods'll be wanted to have a little wee chat. Usings fists and boots as mediums of communication.

Can't have any positivity on here. The coach is a dick for A) Not picking my favourite player this week or B) Picking my favourite player this week when it's bloody obvious to anyone with a teaspoon of rugby league knowledge that he should've been picked last week.

What the hell else is Payten supposed to do, frankly? I'm not convinced about Pompey after watching his extensive..um...eight games long career, which does include three tries. I suppose you could say he's got issues with his defence. Sure. Just as Mannering, a defensive dynamo, had issues with his attack. But are we sure someone else would do it better? I'm bloody not.

Cameron George needs to get down and dirty in public and point out that:
A: Without the Warriors agreeing to stay in Australia, there's not eight games a week so there's less money for the NRL and so there's less money for the clubs. Although with the Twenty/20 World Cup being shelved, that may make Fox more desperate to get content so the NRL might still get the same dosh for seven games, who knows?
B: All the clubs - so far as I'm aware - have made noises about realising there are difficulties for the Warriors in that they can't fly replacements in from New Zealand, so they'd be happy to lend a player but actions have pretty much not landed anywhere near words in this regard.

Get offside with the reluctant clubs if need be, make the NRL have a chat with the Sharks and point out "Look, Sharkies, your Player 27's basically picking his nose this season, he's in a position the Warriors are light in so he's joining them until you prove you cannot go on without him." Heck, offer a tree-fiddy or some financial compensation for those players - it's not like the NRL have really cut things to the bone in the corporate space, from what I've heard, so they can make cost savings in other areas to compensate the clubs.

Last edited:

Jwoodzy02

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 14, 2015
Queensland, Australia

Bring back The Fish!

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Mate we went from 3 teams in the finals
The first grade team was not full of superstars in fact we had one
A winger. Our team didn't have the best players .But they would follow
A game plan an defend as a team who gave a shit .We still had the same ref issues we just didn't let it best us.
After a long series of excuses we are where we are now .
Blaming our lack of success on players .GTFO
In one season we had Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ,Shaun Johnson ,Foran ,Luke . Mannering, ,Matalino
It's not the lack of players it's the wrong players .
We do not reward communication and intelligence .
We just keep bigger stronger just friggen stupid .
Run by stupid an playing stupid .
Our head coach is our previous attacking coach who achieved nothing
Why promote him ?

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
All your post does is prove we’ve been a mismanaged pile of shit since before 2013. I’d rather have a story from three or four weeks ago where our powerhouse team whipped the shit out of some cellar dwellers.

Kind of like, I don’t know, the Roosters.

People on here aren’t just feeling sorry for themselves, they’re also angry at the inept and pathetic state our club is in. The inept and pathetic state our club has been in since 2011 with the exception of 10 shining weeks in 2018.

I agree man. No arguments from me there. I would rather be dominating the comp than hoping for a memorable underdog performance once every couple of years. Every time a major decision has come along since 2011 (maybe even earlier), the people at the top of our club have taken the wrong road. It's been a total comedy of errors and I genuinely believe 90% of the people on this board could've done as good or better of a job running the joint.

But at the same time, we've never been that powerhouse club who whipped the shit out of the cellar dwellers at any point in our history. We've had good years, but we've never truly been great. We never had a dynasty like the Roosters in recent years, or the Storm before them, or the Broncos, or the Raiders, and so on and so on. We've never been that team.

We're all angry at how inept we are. None of us want to be shit. We all want this team to be great, or at least win one god damn Premiership. One day I believe we will. But in the meantime, we're shit, and personally I can't deal with that by just being angry about it. Don't get me wrong -- that's totally valid and like I said, I 100% agree with being angry. There's no right way to support the team. But for me, I want to look for positives, look at the big picture, and try to look forward to the weekend even if the most likely scenario is that we get smashed by 50. That's just how I cope.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

That did not make me feel any better about this weekend at all! But you are right, the thing with the warriors though is that they never do things as a team! There is no team spirit at the moment!!!! They can do it for a one of game but fuck me we haven't won back to back since 2017!!!!!! This is madness.

After a good win are they going back to the coaches and saying OK we got a win now leave us alone? Seriously no desire, no accountability, they don't wamt to be part of history, they just want to get paid! Look at players like the morris twins, they will be on less then hiku next season because they want to win! Brett wants to win a premiership with his brother!!!

How do the warriors get excited about playing football, and going out their with your team mates and making history? It has to be talent identification in building a winning roster from scratch, i dont believe this fitness guy we have from sevens rugby is any good? I feel our players are overcooked, look at the physicality of the panthers, roosters, storm, eels, they look faster stronger and hungrier!

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
He’s worried about blooding players and scarring them - said as much.

Roosters will likely put a score on, it’d be lambs to the slaughter.

That would be the point, to see who has the stones and see who is a sook.

Maybe I am biased because I follow the NBA where getting whooped by superstars is a large part of developing players and seeing who is actually good.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013

Shit that is one of the most depressing posts I have read in a while. Why? Because 2013 was a poor season for us, it felt like we had gone into free fall, yet when I look back there are very few players in that Warriors line up that wouldn't shit over today's counterparts. How rock bottom are we now?!

Fisi'iahi, Laumape, Nielsen, Hurrell (in his breakout season), Vatuvei, Leuluai, Johnson, Friend, Rapira, Packer, Mateo, Mannering, Taylor, Matulino, Lillyman, Peyroux, Lowrie.

Ropati, Locke, Henry, Taukeiaho injured or yet to be used. Sub Fish, Nielsen, Peyroux and Lowrie out for them - Kablam!

Some weak links and poor defence (looking at your half-hearted one-armed shirt grabs Feleti) but strike power all over the park, and speed, and grunt. They'd put 50 on the 2020 Warriors and concede 20.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Guys, you’re not seeing Todd”s master plan. Scar Hetherington so much that Ivan doesn’t want him back and then pick him up for a bargain price. Genius, pure genius!

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
That would be the point, to see who has the stones and see who is a sook.

Maybe I am biased because I follow the NBA where getting whooped by superstars is a large part of developing players and seeing who is actually good.

Perhaps he knows that already and that’s why they’re not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings