Votes: 12 13.2%
  • B

Votes: 62 68.1%
  • C

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Jazz copping a lot of heat, some of it deserved, but a couple of tackles on Tedesco where he covered the inside ball were huge efforts and kept us in the game. I thought the balance was right when they had Harris on the edge and Jazz in the middle. I can see the attraction oh having a JDB style player in the middle to compliment our backrowers, with Jazz doing some clean up work off the bench
Yeah i dont understand the it either. Another thing to point out is that the reason the defense was much beter was because of the line speed and alot of the time it was jazz that was leading it. Also people praising hetherington for getting it jwh face but if you watched the game properly you would see most of the time it was jazz, including the big hit off the drop out that looked like hetherington but in fact it was jazz underneath. And great comment about the cover defense. It irks me when people dislike someone so they choose to either ignore or they cant see that persons good contributions.

I'm not feeling the Pompey love. He may have some attributes that set some of the foundations of a good centre, but the number one, non-negotiable attribute that all outside backs should have is x-factor and that is something he does not appear to have. X-factor can't be trained. We have to go into 2021 with backs that can create points.

I can settle for guys like Herbert as good, honest defensive stop-gaps in the event of injury. I don't see Pompey as being a wise use of a top 30 spot. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life though.
I dont think anybody thinks that pompey is going to set the nrl on fire, but he has looked better every game and i would prefer him to herbert who may put the odd big hit in, but how many tries has herbert blown this year. Herbert also seems to have reached his peak where as pompey looks to me like he has more to grow.

I dont think anybody thinks that pompey is going to set the nrl on fire, but he has looked better every game and i would prefer him to herbert who may put the odd big hit in, but how many tries has herbert blown this year. Herbert also seems to have reached his peak where as pompey looks to me like he has more to grow.
Reached his peak! He hasn't even played a full season of nrl!!!! Im sorry but I strongly disagree, yes hes bombed a few trys but hes still only 23 so he should be coming into his prime. I hope that the new coach brings in a new philosophy im terms of training and weights, these guys need to grow, we need to see guys like katoa fill out his body to the best of his ability to really unleash the beast!.

To be blunt - The Bunker is fucked in general. They're not out to get us, they're just incompetent. Two absolute howlers in the Dragons vs Sharks game, one for each team.

We've 100% been dudded by them, but they're just wall to wall garbage.

So the numpties that mucked up the Sharks try have been dropped for todays games - but they've been replaced by the numpties that mucked up the strip call in our game.. Sounds like the options are dumb and dumber.

Reached his peak! He hasn't even played a full season of nrl!!!! Im sorry but I strongly disagree, yes hes bombed a few trys but hes still only 23 so he should be coming into his prime. I hope that the new coach brings in a new philosophy im terms of training and weights, these guys need to grow, we need to see guys like katoa fill out his body to the best of his ability to really unleash the beast!.
He has had plenty of time to develop, but ive seen more developement from pompey who is 2 years younger and has played less games. Herbert has shown no footwork, no offload, poor hands, blown numerous scoring opportunities and although he is a hard runner he hasnt shown any power to get through the line. He is a solid defender who can put some good shots in but he does make some bad reads.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
POS was thebig Pompey fan. I’m not convince at all as cannot see his outside players When at centre and way too slow for the wing.
We would have forwards that are genuinely faster than him, i'm not sold at all. Speed is something you either have or don't, can't coach that. He crowbars back in ala Danger Dane, please no more crowbars.

Yeah i dont understand the it either. Another thing to point out is that the reason the defense was much beter was because of the line speed and alot of the time it was jazz that was leading it. Also people praising hetherington for getting it jwh face but if you watched the game properly you would see most of the time it was jazz, including the big hit off the drop out that looked like hetherington but in fact it was jazz underneath. And great comment about the cover defense. It irks me when people dislike someone so they choose to either ignore or they cant see that persons good contributions.
The problem with Jazz is that it seems when he makes a mistake or penalty its either blatantly stupid or in a crucial part of the game where the Warriors look at settling into the arm wrestle, so it sticks out alot more than when other players do the same thing.
Hes a player that you really want to like but he makes it really fucking hard to.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Chanel Harris-Tavita has had opportunities to shine in 1st grade. I don't remember a game where he has really taken control and shined.
We are in serious trouble in regards to halves. If we don't find at least one gun 6 before next season it will be rinse/repeat..

Lawton proved why he's an asset, need to have both him and Egan spending time at hooker in a game.

Also need to throw a monster offer at Hetherington. That's a pack leader right there. Have him run a tight crew of him, Bunty, Katoa, LaM, Paasi and Ben Murdoch-Masila. He needs to drag those guys up to his level and we would be dominate.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Chanel Harris-Tavita has had opportunities to shine in 1st grade. I don't remember a game where he has really taken control and shined.

This comment applies across a number of players. There are so many of our guys that have had a pretty decent run of games over a couple of years and are still yet to have a game breaking moment. And some very experienced, highly paid guys that have only 2-3 a season.

A lot of other teams have rookies that come on and produce some straight away. And not just the good teams with good systems to slot into. Look how many times Katoa has done something awesome - he'd be in the double figures easy.

So many of our guys are just not producing, yet we go looking for anything positive we can in them. Yes, some guys take a while to bed in, but they should be showing glimpses. I'm usually patient, but I want results and I want results now from our players.

We absolutely need halves that can engineer fluency though.

Payten needs to properly back Chanel Harris-Tavita's potential for a few games in his preferred position on a make it or break arrangement. It sucks to put pressure on youngsters, but we need to be more cut throat and demanding of excellence. 'Show us you belong in FG or work yourself up from the bottom again.'

Last edited:
I missed the game, but it sounds like an improved performance so that's positive.

But - I love my stats. And it's bloody clear we have no metre making forwards in the squad. Every week it's our wingers and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck making 100+, and 1 maybe 2 on a good week making over 100 (normally Harris). That is piss poor. It's hard for the backs to do anything in attack with no good forward. Our forward pack is so imbalanced, guys like Hetherington who makes 46 metres in a match is getting mad cred for showing some mungrel (which is severely lacking, but that's all he did based on stats).

There is no platform being set from anyone, only Harris is offering consistent meterage, which is a waste because he should be used as a skill player out wide rather than a fucking battering ram.