Votes: 13 14.3%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
A lot of hot takes in this thread, enjoying the read.

Hetherington seems to the perfect example of how it's much more important to look like you're doing great work, than actually do great work. I think he has a lot of raw traits, but he's incredibly unrefined. Slow play-the-ball speed, not enough runs, too eager with his offloads, and not effective enough with his defence. He has the right attitude and it's exciting to watch, but let's look at this objectively.

Jack Hetherington -- 45 minutes: 5 runs, 46 metres, 21 post-contact metres, 4.18 second play-the-ball speed, 31 tackles, 4 missed, 1 penalty, 0 offloads.
Lachlan Burr -- 26 minutes: 6 runs, 65 metres, 26 post-contact metres, 3.61 second play-the-ball speed, 26 tackles, 2 missed, 0 penalties, 1 offload.

That really puts things in perspective for me. Yes, I love him getting up in JWH's face and I do think we need that kind of mongrel. But it's useless if he doesn't start delivering more in terms of actual impact on the game. Many of us were pretty pissed when Burr got the call up this week, but he was one of our better performing forwards today.

Last edited:

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Did Blake Green:
A. Provide repeat sets in order to build pressure on the superior team in order to capitalise on their fatigue.
B. Pin the Roosters down their end with smart long kicking & provide pinpoint bombs allowing us to contest strongly on the fringes
C. Run smart lines in order to keep the opposition guessing whether he would kick or run
D. Attempt a 40/20 from our own 30 after we absorbed several sets on our own line; Kick for the winger from our own 30 after we absorbed several sets on our own line; Take several 4th tackle hit ups; Kick aimless low hanging bombs that weren't close to enough to the tryline to be dangerous or contestable

All this game told me is that Blake Green absolutely needs to go IMMEDIATELY. Not only does he not provide anything resembling a spark on attack, but he's started to do these ridiculous glory hunting hail Mary plays from our own end. If we had a competent halfback then we were every chance of winning that game. Just look at the short kicking game that pinned us on our own tryline. I'm not saying Chanel Harris-Tavita or AK are the answer, but Jesus fucking Christ, they're young and they'll be here next year. At the absolute worst, they can also provide the game garbage bombs Green does.

Preach brother. Green has his merits, and I didn't think the hail mary play was that far off coming off good for us, but his legs are absolutely gone. He doesn't get anywhere near enough on his kicks, and he rarely if ever finds the turf between the back three. It's not an NRL standard kicking game. There's no use in having him in the team over Harris-Tavita or even Keighran. I don't know if they'll do better, but at the least it'll force Nikorima to play more of a dominant role. I've been critical of him this season but over the last couple of games, he's had more good/effective touches than bad. Yet we always seem to go to Green on the last tackle with a predictable option. It's so frustrating.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

Hetherington seems to the perfect example of how it's much more important to look like you're doing great work, than actually do great work. I think he has a lot of raw traits, but he's incredibly unrefined. Slow play-the-ball speed, not enough runs, too eager with his offloads, and not effective enough with his defence. He has the right attitude and it's exciting to watch, but let's look at this objectively.

Jack Hetherinton -- 45 minutes: 5 runs, 46 metres, 21 post-contact metres, 4.18 second play-the-ball speed, 31 tackles, 4 missed, 1 penalty, 0 offloads.
Lachlan Burr -- 26 minutes: 6 runs, 65 metres, 26 post-contact metres, 3.61 second play-the-ball speed, 26 tackles, 2 missed, 0 penalties, 1 offload.

That really puts things in perspective for me. Yes, I love him getting up in JWH's face and I do think we need that kind of mongrel. But it's useless if he doesn't start delivering more in terms of actual impact on the game. Many of us were pretty pissed when Burr got the call up this week, but he was one of our better performing forwards today.

my eyes don’t lie

Jack was better

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Happy with that effort.....still think we're vastly under gunned but if Payten can get that effort out of them every week we'll be giving ourselves chances to win games...has to be the goal.

I get the Hethrington love...been crying out for someone who doesnt back down...and i'd love if we could keep him to develop. However things to consider re Hethrington v Hargreaves

Hethrington - 45 minutes - 5 hit ups - 46 metres
Hargreaves - 49 minutes - 20 hit ups - 178 metres

I know who i'd take out of that match up every day of the week.....and in the end its that go forward that cost us...especially 2nd half. Jack's a goer tho, he'd do worse than base his game on JWH.
Hetherington 31 tackles
Hargreaves 17 tackles

GeneralPayten

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 5, 2020
A few big hits here and there and he could become a Mt Smart cult figure.

9EF95DEA-6A7E-4B2B-846F-EE1B205BD25D.jpeg

95forever

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 27, 2019
Preach brother. Green has his merits, and I didn't think the hail mary play was that far off coming off good for us, but his legs are absolutely gone. He doesn't get anywhere near enough on his kicks, and he rarely if ever finds the turf between the back three. It's not an NRL standard kicking game. There's no use in having him in the team over Harris-Tavita or even Keighran. I don't know if they'll do better, but at the least it'll force Nikorima to play more of a dominant role. I've been critical of him this season but over the last couple of games, he's had more good/effective touches than bad. Yet we always seem to go to Green on the last tackle with a predictable option. It's so frustrating.
All season long

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
a guy that took 15 more hit ups ran for more meters. wow.

is it reflective of heatherington’s ability that he wasnt given the ball 15 more times???

15 more hit ups and 130 more metres and only playing 4 more minutes than Hethrington?.....generally considered pretty wow ;)

if one of our oompas ever managed those sort of figures i'd imagine we'd all be calling for an instant statue erected of the bloke.

U have a point about the style of game we play tho....4 of our outside backs all clocked up 100 metres while none of our props could....until that figure starts changing it'll be a struggle

Last edited:

Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
May 29, 2012
Sydney

Jack Hetherinton -- 45 minutes: 5 runs, 46 metres, 21 post-contact metres, 4.18 second play-the-ball speed, 31 tackles, 4 missed, 1 penalty, 0 offloads.

Dude literally had JWH in his face and still had the composure to save a try (albeit Hiku was ruled as being taken out).

Agree there are improvements to be made, but we need his aggression.

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Adam Pompey also seems to be attracting a lot of stick. I thought he didn't give us too much to complain about. He reminds me a lot of early Ken Maumalo. He's slow as shit and doesn't always know what to do with the ball, but he's got the kind of physicality that can trouble defences. Big frame, good fend, hard to take down -- that's a good platform to work with. Still young, first game back in first grade for a while, I think he deserves a little slack. He's never going to be a 200 game player but he's fine as a stop-gap backline player while stocks are thin.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Adam Pompey also seems to be attracting a lot of stick. I thought he didn't give us too much to complain about. He reminds me a lot of early Ken Maumalo. He's slow as shit and doesn't always know what to do with the ball, but he's got the kind of physicality that can trouble defences. Big frame, good fend, hard to take down -- that's a good platform to work with. Still young, first game back in first grade for a while, I think he deserves a little slack. He's never going to be a 200 game player but he's fine as a stop-gap backline player while stocks are thin.

Fair comment

But

every single time he got the ball his immediate instinct was to cut back in without considering the man / Fusitua outside him. That was selfish

I’m so over these low football IQ players

he was solid on defense. I’ll give him that

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
What you failed to realise in your stats is the chooks had 80% of the possession

hard for him to do hit ups when we don’t have the ball

Hethrington lifted the team with his FU to JWH

Roosters didn’t want to know about it...

JWH is a little bitch

end of story

80% of possesion? More like 56%. Cool story tho

Young bull vs old bull...i get it, its cool to watch....did it really lift the team tho? 10-6 half time......2nd half 12 -0 to them....got pinned and couldnt get out of own half no matter what we did.

I love Hethringtons intent.....but that was a hands down victory to boofhead.....he let Jack know it at the end of the game too,

Last edited:
Reactions: WellingtonOrca

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
My mates use to say to me back in 01-02, that the warriors were good when we slowed play down and made other teams play at our pace, tonight was an example! We played at a slower pace and made the roosters pkay slower too and it nearly worked against one of the top sides! Need to see more of that next week?

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
For me:
- Every game I hate Green more and more. Please give Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi a game together
- suprised noone pointed how our edge lost it's attack when Tohu Harris moved to the middle. We need to keep him in the back row
- with Eli and Tohu Harris on the edge is gives out shit halves and centres a bit more space
- doesn't matter who is in your team if everyone can come out and play with aggression and effort!
- the ruck speed was really slow from the ref which helped us greatly
- overall would take that D all day but we are still clueless on attack. Can we have floating halves and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck already

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings