Post Match NRL 2020 - Round 1 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rate the game

• Total voters

wrighty

I mean, Shaun Johnson got shit while we was here but he would’ve been decent with this current roster.

I mean this roster was essentially built around Shaun Johnson. When he was pushed out the team structure hasnt really changed to compensate.

"Team finishes in 8th position in 2018 and 2 points out of the top 4 and qualifies for the playoffs for the first time in 8 years"

Warriors reaction "Let's give away our star playmaker".

Next season - Finishes 13th "But at least we don't have that inconsistent Johnson running the show"

Following season - On track to finish 16th after game one of season "But at least we aren't inconsistent".

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
There's no defending Kearney.

This is HIS team. He's already cleaned out the "problem players" who wouldn't buy in.

We play boring football. It makes it very easy to hold us out in our own 20 and trap us deep in our own 20.

It's Kearneyball. He knows no other way and isn't capable of adapting beyond what he thinks plan A should be.

Have to get rid of him.
Dale is a fair minded guy. I don't think SK is a FG coach either, however it is becoming clear that Eric Watson starved this club of development for years. I recall Cappy saying that privately long ago. Brian Smith said so as well. They cannot all be wrong.

Reactions: 4 users
Aman

Aman

I'm not exaggerating when I say the pp
players look horribly out of shape compared to the last few seasons. This is probably why the players loved Corvo leaving. Almost all the players have love handles' little pouch bellies and loose shirts - signs of lack of muscle tone and conditioning.

Reactions: 6 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I only watched for a few minutes in the first half....enough time to take an instant dislike to that grey jersey with the black shorts from another jersey....

I also saw us concede 2 tries, 1 was unlucky, give away half a billion penalties, and see Chanel Harris-Tavita binned...

they are playing in Wellington this year. I haven’t brought a ticket as was going to wait to see how the season started.... at the moment they will be lucky if I bother watching anymore games on tv...

#AllOut

Reactions: 1 users
Hadyn

Hadyn

No attack to speak of,
No kicking game,
No pride
No idea really.
Refs caned us relative to them.
But this is what pissediff me off,when we got penalised for a ruck infringement holding on too long at a crucial time the camera panned to to Numbnuts Kearney.He either should have been cursing the ref as an unfair penalty or cursing the player for giving away the penalty but no that big dozey fucker is sitting their like a Christmas Island statue with a look on his face that didn't register anything and that is the problem Kearney doesn't get it and never will and if he did he still wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

My previous ,very tenuous confidence has evaporated after that load of shit dished up today.
The thing that pisses me off most now is that Wonder Woman Jacintas new travel ban will give George and Kearney an excuse when we probably lose the next twelve games.
We are useless and so is Kearney.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

AusWarriorsFan

I agree - we have strike power across the park - and some promising youngsters.

I mean, Shaun Johnson got shit while we was here but he would’ve been decent with this current roster.

I mean this roster was essentially built around Shaun Johnson. When he was pushed out the team structure hasnt really changed to compensate.

Yep. What we didnt appreciate about Shaun Johnson is, he didnt turn up on a personal MAGIC level 5/10 games, but who does? What he did do was what i pointed out setting up the centre and the wing for tries. Chanel Harris-Tavita is a 7 not a 6 and Kodi is half the player despite how hard he tries.

Unless Hayze plays 6 next year, we are in trouble for the next 5 years as there will be a 3rd rebuild. I do blame George for Shaun Johnson, but I also cannot believe a coach with the players I pointed out, cannot get over the stripe with the amount of redzone ball we get, its just taking the Piss from SK.

Reactions: 5 users
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Ahh....um....What?
Yeah may have been a tad over zealous there - our backline is decent with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck out the back, Ken leading try scorer last season, Hiku and Fusitua both serviceable on the edges and Herbert not looking out of place either.

Harris is a threat with ball in hand, Katoa looks great so far as does Jamayne Tounua-Brown.

Egan didn’t look too bad (couldn’t of ran a bit more) and Niko can thrive in the dummy half role.

Our props leave a bit to be desired - but Paasi has shown he can be expansive, Ah Mau has decent post contact meters and can offload, our depth is to be tested tho.

We lack depth at Hooker, and our halves balance is off - Green is too old and Chanel Harris-Tavita while keen, is still raw.

We haven’t got the worst roster in the comp but we’re hella unbalanced.

Reactions: 7 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
If you want to retain some brain cells, I suggest you not listen to the Kearney post match conference. He is going on about how they tried really hard, lotta positives, conceded tries to kicks(unlucky). Nothing will change.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

With Lisone gone, who will be the forum's favourite whipping boy this year? Can't even blame Jazz for this debacle. I missed the game, didn't realise it started earlier. Glad I missed it.
Blake green, adam Blair, because they are the coaches what does this spreading the ball around look like? Because it's still the same problem, cant tackle and defend for FUCK SAKE!

Reactions: 1 users
Fonzies Tram Line

Fonzies Tram Line

Post Match Press Conference Summary:

Cameron George : It is what it is.
Kearney: umm some good parts, the lads tried pretty hard. A couple of tries came from kick.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

JaggedJ

If you want to retain some brain cells, I suggest you not listen to the Kearney post match conference. He is going on about how they tried really hard, lotta positives, conceded tries to kicks(unlucky). Nothing will change.

Was never going to.

People can complain about negativity on this forum, but when you're tied to the train tracks and see the train coming from a mile away, closing your eyes and saying "Maybe it won't be so bad" isn't likely to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

"Team finishes in 8th position in 2018 and 2 points out of the top 4 and qualifies for the playoffs for the first time in 8 years"

Warriors reaction "Let's give away our star playmaker".

Next season - Finishes 13th "But at least we don't have that inconsistent Johnson running the show"

Following season - On track to finish 16th after game one of season "But at least we aren't inconsistent".
Now we will be paying overs just to get him back!

wrighty

I am still recovering from Chanel Harris-Tavita's display. It was not a case of inexperience instead it was raw ineptness

Please bring Kodi in

I think at this point the Warriors should lobby for a cancellation to the season that way we will be rid of green and other next year.

Reactions: 1 user
bangbros18

bangbros18

At least we can then
I am still recovering from Chanel Harris-Tavita's display. It was not a case of inexperience instead it was raw ineptness

Please bring Kodi in

I think at this point the Warriors should lobby for a cancellation to the season that way we will be rid of green and other next year.
And bring adam blairs last year forward quicker you reckon?

shuffle

shuffle

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the only thing the won was the Captains Chellenge!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users