Post Match NRL 2020 - Round 1 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rate the game

• Total voters

wrighty

Even though it was 20-0 it was so comprehensive it felt like 56-0.

Reactions: 5 users
snake77

snake77

I know the conditions weren't great but if we have a new "game model" this sides going to put me to sleep. We barely did anything with the ball and like most Kearney coached sides they had a high completion rate but looked like a comedy show at times when they had the ball.

Even in these conditions you should have some depth and shape. Look like you are setting up plays.

Reactions: 10 users
Fonzies Tram Line

Fonzies Tram Line

Dale Budge going on about the lack of development and defending Kearney.

The irony here is that our new players outplayed the established players.

A shit coach, is a shit coach.

Reactions: 9 users

AusWarriorsFan

Can we target Shaun Johnson for overs, I heard he is a Kiwi?

I see no issue with the forwards especially with the ones coming through.

I see no 5/8th creating holes and overlap for the wing, I see ZERO offense plan in the red zone, I see we do not have a 9 outside lawton who shows intensity off the mark doing what Newc rookie did to us catching us being lazy in the play the ball and its speed. With Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Fusitua, Ken, Tohu Harris, Peta (at times) we have plenty of strike power, but looks like SK offense plan he is asking of players is to hit one up like a forward and that is it.

Even without Luke and Johnson our talent level is high. I think no results this year George has to walk, he caused the problem and Mooks out the door after him. Brown follows him, Iro after him, Stacey back to trainer.

Reactions: 7 users

wrighty

What's to detect? He has moulded that.
Where was this new running expansive rugby league we were promised. Our attack was not NRL level and I am sorry to say after watching some ISP games last year our attack was not even ISP standard.

Defence gets a pass mark.

Reactions: 8 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

The confirmation of everyone’s suspicions. If it looks like a duck and quacks it usually is a duck

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Can we target Shaun Johnson for overs, I heard he is a Kiwi?

I see no issue with the forwards especially with the ones coming through.

I see no 5/8th creating holes and overlap for the wing, I see ZERO offense plan in the red zone, I see we do not have a 9 outside lawton who shows intensity off the mark doing what Newc rookie did to us catching us being lazy in the play the ball and its speed. With Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Fusitua, Ken, Tohu Harris, Peta (at times) we have plenty of strike power, but looks like SK offense plan he is asking of players is to hit one up like a forward and that is it.

Even without Luke and Johnson our talent level is high. I think no results this year George has to walk, he caused the problem and Mooks out the door after him. Brown follows him, Iro after him, Stacey back to trainer.
I agree - we have strike power across the park - and some promising youngsters.

Katoa something like 17 runs for nearly 150m??? Beast man!!

But we don’t have a playmaker/playmakers good enough to make good of these players.

I mean, Shaun Johnson got shit while we was here but he would’ve been decent with this current roster.

I mean this roster was essentially built around Shaun Johnson. When he was pushed out the team structure hasnt really changed to compensate.

Reactions: 4 users
Naumaifooty

Naumaifooty

Unless SK detects what is wrong with our offence, then we are coming last this season by some distance.

Thats what happens when you have a former prop as your attack coach. Mickey mouse club if theres ever been one.

Reactions: 8 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I thought I’d give the team one chance to give me a reason to watch- they fucked that up.
Club is in trouble, usually Warriors have a healthy support in Aus by I saw ZERO warriors jerseys on the walk to the stadium- not a single one and the away fans area was basically empty, think most fans have had enough
F7AF50F2 2BD2 4EE0 B546 5C8C4CD28B96

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users
snake77

snake77

Despite the scoreline I don't think Newcastle were very good either, a pretty average game. If we were playing one of the better sides double that score.

These next two games tonight will show us a different level.

Could tell it would be a long night pretty early. The first try was a simple set up play bringing a player inside to work something on the next tackle. Having teams break through our middle like as often as they do is frustrating. Run hard and straight and wait for someone to drop off a tackle.

Reactions: 6 users

JaggedJ

Dale Budge going on about the lack of development and defending Kearney.

The irony here is that our new players outplayed the established players.

A shit coach, is a shit coach.

There's no defending Kearney.

This is HIS team. He's already cleaned out the "problem players" who wouldn't buy in.

We play boring football. It makes it very easy to hold us out in our own 20 and trap us deep in our own 20.

It's Kearneyball. He knows no other way and isn't capable of adapting beyond what he thinks plan A should be.

Have to get rid of him.

Reactions: 13 users