Votes: 61 45.2%
  • C

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • F-

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Lawton has played a blinder every chance he gets in first grade

nek minnut "DROPPED"

Id love the guy to stay in first grade, been a fan since he has been at this club, but Kearneys selections are more puzzling than a rubik cube with half the stickers missing

Lawton for Number 9 !!!
It doesn't matter how well Lawton plays, he's always going to suffer from the Anti Ginger propaganda that this club keeps getting sucked in by.

nek minnut "DROPPED"

Id love the guy to stay in first grade, been a fan since he has been at this club, but Kearneys selections are more puzzling than a rubik cube with half the stickers missing

Lawton for Number 9 !!!

Treat him mean... Keep him keen?

Its the only logical reason i can think of...

But... Bully is the encumbent... Perhaps Kearny is emulating the all blacks?

One thing you can definitely say is that Playing in reserves doesn't stunt a player's development.

Lawton and Ligi were two of our best, and they've been banished to reserves for months now.

If anything playing in the top team is worse for a player, when you consider Kata, Blair, Bully etc, all going backwards in first grade.

Lawton for Number 9 !!!
100% hes earnt it, not lucked it, earnt it. Is Roache really that good? Is he as fast? Does he have as much passion? Which one is sucking up more dosh?

Lawton also covers every single back position, especially the halves.

Id like to see us release a player and with what I presume will be around $7-800k get another top shelf 80 min forward. And wrap Chanel Harris-Tavita up (and Lawton on a Kodi at Broncos like salary) for 2-3 seasons. We should still have some left in the Kitty and is Luke gonna be signed or not?

Our defense is suffering vs last year, I dont know why. But a quality tackling machine and wrapping up Lawton cheap secures us a similar 9 to Luke and Chanel Harris-Tavita is obviously being manicured into game management post Green.

This is all presuming Luke is not being extended?

Reactions: Dave Brough
One thing you can definitely say is that Playing in reserves doesn't stunt a player's development.
I think the key there is Development. It can obviously lose you players, ie CNK who would have made us a darn handy centre vs Kata. I just feel we didnt give him a go and he showed every week the enthusiasm and drive Lawton does. Chanel Harris-Tavita will get games which is key, like Lawton, at first grade, go back, refine your game. Hayze future I think is in how he handles reserves and if he is as good as some "thinK" he may push Kodi out which isnt an expensive loss anyway, plus we need cover for his position.

So I would look to get these guys managed better in development than we did CNK, otherwise I agree.

Bushman

Contributor
Just re watched the game,

People digging on Green, he stopped a few tries with his positioning, one point he made a tackle, then covered the gap on the wing, kept us in the game
Think he's still recovering from injury a wee bit, those kick where a bit average, but maybe the game plan?
Burr seemed often to be the only support runner haha.
Tevanga made good impact, what is his ideal position IDK.
Commentors talked about James grahame using sniffing salts prior to the game is that code for meth?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
View attachment 40919
I was just hoping it wasnt going to be Kodi haha, lucky or Id still have people saying Im anti Kodi when I never was. What a shame Agnatius had a great game on offense. Hopefully its a one off?

Lastly I thought we were onto a good thing with Herbs kicking from the sideline, but 66%. Hopefully it was just a couple of nervous ones and he can get that up and over 80% before Chanel Harris-Tavita takes over from Greeny, goals win games. I think Kata is going to be pushing it to get back in with Peta better on D and clearly much better offense and Herbs looking the goods in his spot, feel for Sol :-(
can you break it down to first half - second half?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
100% hes earnt it, not lucked it, earnt it. Is Roache really that good? Is he as fast? Does he have as much passion? Which one is sucking up more dosh?

Lawton also covers every single back position, especially the halves.

Id like to see us release a player and with what I presume will be around $7-800k get another top shelf 80 min forward. And wrap Chanel Harris-Tavita up (and Lawton on a Kodi at Broncos like salary) for 2-3 seasons. We should still have some left in the Kitty and is Luke gonna be signed or not?

Our defense is suffering vs last year, I dont know why. But a quality tackling machine and wrapping up Lawton cheap secures us a similar 9 to Luke and Chanel Harris-Tavita is obviously being manicured into game management post Green.

This is all presuming Luke is not being extended?
theres a lot of teams out there debbing young gun halves atm. I dont think the warriors are in any real risk lof losing Chanel Harris-Tavita at the moment

OK so here's an excerpt from an article that will get your blood boiling.

Just before the Warriors ran out for the second half against the Dragons on Saturday in Brisbane, the players got together to make a pact.

They promised each other that whatever happened over the next 40 minutes, they wouldn't die wondering.

It was Carpe Diem time.

Trailing 18-6 after a patchy first half, it felt like their season was on the line, while supporters watching on both sides of the Tasman feared a fifth successive defeat.

The playing group felt that pressure too, and after coach Stephen Kearney had given his instructions and team talk, decided enough was enough.

"We decided to go at it," said Warriors wing David Fusitua. "The boys' confidence had been a bit knocked over the last few weeks and in the first half there was a little bit of dipping the toe in, some uncertainty. But in the second half we committed to go full in and hold nothing back."

What this means is that they haven't been putting in all season, and at half time on Saturday they finally decided to put in.

Here's hoping they now understand what it takes to win. You have to be a man and put it all in. No more of this dipping the tip in and then pulling out!

Last edited:
I thought the no high tackle on Jazz was fair enough, it was high but it was obvious he was holywooding it up and all he did was slow the play down so they could let their line get set, it pissed me off at the time.
He was good otherwise.

Reactions: Worried2Death
OK so here's an excerpt from an article that will get your blood boiling.

Just before the Warriors ran out for the second half against the Dragons on Saturday in Brisbane, the players got together to make a pact.

They promised each other that whatever happened over the next 40 minutes, they wouldn't die wondering.

It was Carpe Diem time.

Trailing 18-6 after a patchy first half, it felt like their season was on the line, while supporters watching on both sides of the Tasman feared a fifth successive defeat.

The playing group felt that pressure too, and after coach Stephen Kearney had given his instructions and team talk, decided enough was enough.

"We decided to go at it," said Warriors wing David Fusitua. "The boys' confidence had been a bit knocked over the last few weeks and in the first half there was a little bit of dipping the toe in, some uncertainty. But in the second half we committed to go full in and hold nothing back."

What this means is that they haven't been putting in all season, and at half time on Saturday they finally decided to put in.

Here's hoping they now understand what it takes to win. You have to be a man and put it all in. No more of this dipping the tip in and then pulling out!
My take on the game probably aligns with what you've just said & to me it shows they have resilience. But it also shows they could've let the half-time score given them an excuse to let some of them drop their heads as they have in past games (with all emotional events
taken into account). Not only sk's talk but their leadership (truly only Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & harris imo) made a difference. Watching how cool and calm, their completion rate, and the lack of errors in the first half was the uplifting thing for me...showed me they were in with a chance. Those things, and their patience) made it absolutely possible they could win it. More of that means a few mor wins on the board going forward. Good stuff

My take on the game probably aligns with what you've just said & to me it shows they have resilience. But it also shows they could've let the half-time score given them an excuse to let some of them drop their heads as they have in past games (with all emotional events
taken into account). Not only sk's talk but their leadership (truly only Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & harris imo) made a difference. Watching how cool and calm, their completion rate, and the lack of errors in the first half was the uplifting thing for me...showed me they were in with a chance. Those things, and their patience) made it absolutely possible they could win it. More of that means a few mor wins on the board going forward. Good stuff
It did feel like they were playing differently to the other games this season. Even the Melbourne game, as great as it was, didn't have that same energy at the end.

I'm really hoping they'll carry on charging against the panthers...

Very pleasing result.

Good to see them hang on, tough it out and then score points.

Let's hope this kick starts a mini-revival, however, that's mainly wishful thinking.

I cannot see how Kata can get back into the team now, barring injury.

I though we defended well and Lawton and Sao offered great impact from the bench.

I really like Jazz now, he's even getting better at dummy half.

Kodi was quiet but's that expected.

I think Roach had a back spasm as it was after a bid dragon flopped on his back and not related to his old injury. The fact the club has said nothing, I'm taking that as a positive.

Be interesting to see now how they go against the Panthers.

It was good to get a win away from Mt Smart even though it was technically a home game. Use it as practice for this week.

After losing our last two at Mt Smart against opposition we have had good records against at home we will need to pick up some wins on the road if we want to salvage our season.