Team List NRL 2019 Round 8 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kearney said today that Fusitua was looking pretty dusty and was training by himself. Sounds to me like they are hoping he comes right more than he’s actually ready to go...

Yeah if what the players and Kearney have said in the media this week is to be believed, Green is a certainty, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck should play and we will be lucky to have Fusitua.

I will be glad to have Green back, we've really missed him the last three weeks.

Really excited for this game, hopefully it's a dry track. Ponga and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck more than cover the admission fee.

Reactions: 8 users
So if Fusitua is out as it sounds like he may be, I'm guessing Beale slots in at wing - but what happens to that final bench spot?

If Kata is put there as a 'utility' I'll flip my lid!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Stay cool, Chanel. Glory comes to those who learn the art of patience.

Returning Warrior Blake Green looks to free up Chanel Harris-Tavita amid Kodi Nikorima speculation

stuff Marvin France

Blake Green is hoping to give rookie halves partner Chanel Harris-Tavita a chance to take a "big breath and relax" when they reunite against the Knights this weekend.

Faced with the prospect of being replaced by Kiwis halfback Kodi Nikorima in the coming weeks, it's advice Harris-Tavita could well use off the field as well.

The 20-year-old five-eighth is set to team up with Green for the first time since his NRL debut in the round four win over Gold Coast, the Warriors' chief playmaker insisting he was good to go after three weeks out with a groin injury.

[IMG alt="Blake Green will return from a groin injury against the Knights this weekend.
"]https://resources.stuff.co.nz/conte...ne.710x400.1uwwqu.png/1556708529891.jpg[/IMG]
Blake Green will return from a groin injury against the Knights this weekend.

Green's expert game management has been sorely missed during that time as the Auckland club failed to win a game in his absence, despite coming close on all three occasions.

But the veteran halfback was hugely impressed by the way Harris-Tavita shouldered the playmaking responsibilities, alongside makeshift halves Peta Hiku and Tohu Harris, in the face of so much adversity.

[IMG alt="Blake Green was impressed by the way Chanel Harris-Tavita stepped up in his absence.
"]https://resources.stuff.co.nz/conte...ne.710x400.1uwwqu.png/1556708529891.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Blake Green was impressed by the way Chanel Harris-Tavita stepped up in his absence.

"It's been a tough job but I think he's been really good," Green said following Wednesday's training session.

"Three of his four NRL games he's played on his own without an experienced half next to him.

"He had some really nice moments in games. It's tough when you're out there playing on your own.

"He's obviously excited, [in the] early stages of his career. He's got a lot going on through his head but I think he's handled it really well."

Green said it was now up to him to take the pressure off in attack and allow Harris-Tavita to play to his strengths on Sunday at Mt Smart Stadium.

"Hopefully he can just take a big breath and relax," he added.

"I'll do my best to make sure I can control the game and the way we move around the field as much as possible.

"He's got a bit of flair about him, Chanel, and hopefully he gets a chance to get some space and gets to show that on the weekend."

The combination may not last for long if the Warriors secure the mid-season transfer of Nikorima from the Broncos, which Stuff understands is close to be being finalised.

That would almost surely see Harris-Tavita drop out of the first grade side and the speculation and uncertainty over his place in the team could be difficult to handle for such a young player.

He at least had the experience of dealing with all the outside noise during the race to replace Shaun Johnson in the pre-season.

And the well-travelled Green, who joined the Warriors from Manly at the end of 2017, urged Harris-Tavita not to get distracted by things he couldn't control.

"It's not new any more, the way the game is. It sort of happens all the time.

"I found myself in that situation coming to the club over here. Obviously it wasn't during the season, it was at the end of the season.

"It's just part and parcel of the business now. Everyone just has to deal with it."

Quizzed on the prospect of playing next to Nikorima, Green said: "He's the Kiwi No 7 mate, the best halfback you've got in the country.

"He's a very good player. If that eventuates, it eventuates."

Much will be expected of Green against the Knights as the Warriors look to improve on a 2-5 record.

Skipper Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (hamstring) and wing David Fusitua (rib) have also been named to return, although the latter still has work to do before he is given the all clear.

After watching his teammates fall agonisingly short in each of the last three matches, Green is confident they were not far away from clicking.

"We've had a couple of close losses but our physicality's been really good. We've been competing hard," he said.

"It's only a matter of time, if we keep producing efforts like that things will turn for us. Hopefully it can start with a good result this week."

Reactions: 1 users
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The Knights team:

Knights: 1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Danny Levi 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tim Glasby. Interchange: 14. Sione Mata’utia 15. Herman Ese’ese 16. James Gavet 17. Josh King. Reserves: 18. Mason Lino 19. Kurt Mann 20. Jamie Buhrer 21. Pasami Saulo
Levi's had a couple of barn-burners this year. Particularly last week. Running with speed. If we turn up we should win. But Klemmer is giant and could rip our hobbits apart.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know any discount codes for the game? In particular, the touch NZ ones.. they seem to give 50% off as per Ticketmaster?

Members get 10% off but I can't figure out where to find the code sorry!

I saw on the Sky TV listings that the Touch team are playing the Roosters at 12pm.

So we have this Sunday at Mt Smart (approx times):

Jersey Flegg vs Knights @ 10am (not on Sky as far as I can see)
Touch vs Roosters @12pm
Canterbury Cup vs Knights @ 2pm
NRL vs Knights at 4pm

Members get 10% off but I can't figure out where to find the code sorry!

I saw on the Sky TV listings that the Touch team are playing the Roosters at 12pm.

So we have this Sunday at Mt Smart (approx times):

Jersey Flegg vs Knights @ 10am (not on Sky as far as I can see)
Touch vs Roosters @12pm
Canterbury Cup vs Knights @ 2pm
NRL vs Knights at 4pm

Yea normally i would use the Member code, but apparently this year theres no code to use on the ticketmaster site, but we have to call up the Membership team before Thursday!

From NRL.com :

Warriors assistant coach Tony Iro said Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and David Fusitu'awould need to pass fitness tests on Saturday to be fit for Sunday's clash with Newcastle.

"[Fusitu'a] has done some light contact work, so he will go through a more rigorous process tomorrow morning and then we will evaluate from there," Iro said.

"Roger has trained all week, so his biggest test will be tomorrow when he hits top speeds."

For me that looks spot on except the cut to interchange., if we are up and unbeatable lets see what Hayze can do at 18 before the new duldrums begin. He can play any back position other than FB. Look only one Hooker on the bench, marvelous. Roache is nearing a prop for me. He aint small or quick. Put on another 5kg and we could use him as a prop/hooker utility. Blair pull your socks up, you are part of the leadership group. Damn thats a god roster you would have to be a clown not to coach that to the 8.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (C)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Patrick Herbert
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Chanel Harris-Tavita (in his farewell Warriors game before being signed elsewhere)
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Issac Luke
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 Tohu Harris
13 Lachlan Burr

Interchange:
14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Adam Blair
16 Bunty Afoa
18 Hayze Perham

From NRL.com :

Warriors assistant coach Tony Iro said Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and David Fusitu'awould need to pass fitness tests on Saturday to be fit for Sunday's clash with Newcastle.

"[Fusitu'a] has done some light contact work, so he will go through a more rigorous process tomorrow morning and then we will evaluate from there," Iro said.

"Roger has trained all week, so his biggest test will be tomorrow when he hits top speeds."
Cheers for that. Well I think we have some many backs now its not a biggy outtside being our best ball catcher in the air. Not like hes been fed much this year either, but hopefully Hiku back where he belongs will fix that as well Chanel creating the cut out pass from draw and pass. Will Maumolo, Passi. Harris all run into the inside gaps Chanel is creating?

Not sure if the above is sarcastic or not. I hope, really really hope you are being sarcastic.
whata ya reckon? haha. hes a total nugget, but i reckon SOL could make a good hooker the way he loves to run. many options in the team.

I think we will prevail, which will have us close to 40%. we then will need 10/16 to make the 8

For me that looks spot on except the cut to interchange., if we are up and unbeatable lets see what Hayze can do at 18 before the new duldrums begin. He can play any back position other than FB. Look only one Hooker on the bench, marvelous. Roache is nearing a prop for me. He aint small or quick. Put on another 5kg and we could use him as a prop/hooker utility. Blair pull your socks up, you are part of the leadership group. Damn thats a god roster you would have to be a clown not to coach that to the 8.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (C)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Patrick Herbert
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Chanel Harris-Tavita (in his farewell Warriors game before being signed elsewhere)
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Issac Luke
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 Tohu Harris
13 Lachlan Burr

Interchange:
14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Adam Blair
16 Bunty Afoa
18 Hayze Perham

Bro, can you please just go annoy people on the dragons forums ahaha. This is actually straight up ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
From NRL.com :

Wonder why they asked Iro? Perhaps because they know that most of the fans now question SK when he talks about team selections and injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.