Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • C

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • F-

Votes: 86 68.3%

• Total voters
Although other teams will probably just run set plays against us if we do this, and make 30 m on 1st tackle. Would be a good idea if we were well coached. But we aren't.
Big slow wingers are definitely a disadvantage on set plays. But bringing in some speedy centers gives us some options. Move Fusitua into center off the scrum, to draw in the defenders and pop the pass, and have Herbert on the wing to scoot away untouched down to the opposition 30. That kid has some real gas...

Surely our coaches have thought of that one? No? Doesn't surprise me one bit.

.....I spent 25 years in NZ and consider it the best country and people in the world. But I think Auckland is a shithole. You sound like a nice enough fella and I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you asked any free agent in the NRL their least desirable landing spot it would be undoubtedly Auckland. Truth
I don’t agree about Auckland either. Nowhere is more than 5km from the water. Western Sydney.....by the time you get to Parramatta you just wanna carry straight on to the Blue Mountains. The suburbs are awful. All around there’s beauty, the beaches are great, but it takes longer to get to those special spots than it does from Auckland. Townsville.....lots of sunshine, crazy heat in the summer, but it’s a dreary place. The beaches are rubbish. No waves and the ocean is lethally dangerous for the hottest 6 months of the year. Only Auckland is bathed in the sublime energy of Rangitoto.

Its the psychological roadblock of uplifting your family to another country which has always made Auckland the least desirable landing spot, not Auckland city itself. Canberra geographically would be the least desirable as its miles from anywhere - 3 hour drive to Sydney or 7 hour drive to Melbourne, 2 hour drive just to get to the coastline. What doesn't help Auckland is the dire stadium situation. Coming to a decaying ground in the middle of an industrial zone does not help with the perception of the city one bit. Even Townsville is getting a decent stadium upgrade with state of the art facilities in a great location.

We played a vastly superior side yesterday - don't let the Knights position on the ladder fool you, they dismantled the in-form Eels the week before. Their defensive line speed and wrestle in the tackle was easily the best I've seen this year.

The bigger problem for us is simply the quality of players we have. Outside of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, our top 2 wingers and Tohu Harris, what do we have? Green is as big a salary cap drain as Blair, particularly when you take his injuries into consideration, however he was terrible yesterday. Burr and Herbert for some reason get praise on here however neither would make another NRL side - Burr killing our attacking momentum with a Lillyman-esque hit up is starting to do my head in. Hiku and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck were our only backs that presented any attacking threat and one of them played very 'loosely'. You can criticise Kata all you like however at least he asked questions of the opposition.

The transformation to a bunch of plodding dull robots is almost complete. Well done Kearney, Smith and co.

Burr deserves his praise. He's visibly giving it 100%, averages around 100 m per game, makes some crunching tackles, has made attacking linebreaks and looks for the offload - possibly just needs to reign it in a little at times though. That he managed to get back on to the field yesterday after the shoulder charge to the head from Gavet shows his toughness as well.

He's had a couple of jersey grabs this year, but overall his tackle efficiency stats are fine - better than the starting lock from the club he came from.

They should play the Warriors victory song every 3 wins because we know they would have well and truly earn't it.
I'm sick of us getting beat up the next few weekends after hearing it we may as well not hear it at all!
Sure we just lost to the Bunnies and the Storm but those scores may as well have been 50 nil after this weekends shambolic performance!
Get some beef onto the bench (4x forwards) and let us steam roll the fuckers for a change.
Then we will see the smaller forwards come into their own, sick of seeing them getting man handled and dwarfed into submission.
Fuck you Kearney you bitch
Rant over....yeah i feel much better thanks lol

I went to the game and as a rugby league fan I had a really good time.

I really admired the Knights for basically nullifying our biggest strength (the kick returns from our back 3) by kicking into touch at certain times. It wasn't pretty at times but it was very smart play and they didn't completely shut up shop in terms of attack (as reflected on the scoreboard).

Other thing I really noticed by being live was how much Ponga's play has changed compared to last year. He's really picking his moments and conserving energy for the times when he needs it.
He was taking catches and then immediately dishing off to his winger. I thought at first it was because he wanted to take the next run but he would then go to dummy half for the next couple of tackles (which is usually something one of the halves would do). Then on attack he would very much be one of the halves, controlling play at times and kicking.
The conservation of energy and picking your moments thing is something only some players ever achieve and its a very fine art.
The movement between being a fullback and the halves is also a very fine art and something that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is also doing obviously. I'm very interested to see where this kind of play evolves to, will we see other positions on the field where players can alternate when on attack or defence? Always good to see the game changing and the evolution of certain positions.

In terms of being a Warriors fan, the result was disappointing. Especially considering that there were good performances in our team : Herbert, Maumalo and Papali'i, and no glaringly obvious issue or person to blame.

I dared to dream before kickoff and took a peak at the ladder. Worked out that a win would move us up to 9th, which I would have been more than happy with. I also took a look at the odds for a Knights 13+ win, thought about putting $20 on as an insurance policy for a few minutes but then told myself that it wasn't needed today.

It will be a very hard slog from here to catch the top 8 but as with any season, I will keep watching the team and keep trying to solve the riddle that is the Warriors.

If it wasn’t for the knights giving away some dumb penalties to get us out of our own half, the score line would have been a lot worse. Pearce was great and controlled the tempo of the game well.

Everything we did felt like it was so slow and ponderous. Hiku and Harris had some good moments on attack but beyond that it was pretty dire.

It’s going to be a long season.

Mate the team just put in a horrid performance I’m just venting but I still believe the majority of Auckland is a shithole apart from some bright spots. Nelson is beautiful so enjoy that. I was born in India so I know shitholes. Maturity has nothing to do with personal experiences and objective opinions. I spent 25 years in NZ and consider it the best country and people in the world. But I think Auckland is a shithole. You sound like a nice enough fella and I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you asked any free agent in the NRL their least desirable landing spot it would be undoubtedly Auckland. Truth
I think I need to give up on this one, if you can’t see that your comments are thoughtless and offensive then I guess that’s that
I get the venting part, just wish you would keep it on topic ie players / coach / team performance
Personal experience and objective opinions practically defines the term maturity so don’t know where you’re coming from there
And yes, most nrl players would have Auckland as least desirable landing point, because they are Aussies, and moving to Auckland means being away from friends and family. Not the same case for kiwis playing in Oz, as coming to play back at home means being closer to friends and family, all makes sense and has absolutely nothing to do with the city the club is based in
Your attitude towards my hometown helps me understand why some people get so heated about the immigration laws in this country
Please also do not throw out half hearted apologies while in the same breath continue to make insulting comments, I would rather you didn’t bother - my feelings aren’t hurt, I am a big boy, just calling a fellow poster out on making irrelevant and rude comments
That’s my say done now on this, time to get back to footy talk, I apologise to other forum members for going off topic, this just pissed me off a bit, but all good now

Been trying to understand what the reasoning could be for our 'bench strategy' and the only reason I can come up with could be about moulding the team around the possible reduction in interchange from 8 to 6. I know the NRL have said it won't reduce it this year but are we preparing our players for that possible rule change in the future. Could that explain why SK is going for a smaller more mobile bench in a attempt to try and catch out other teams who use the more traditional big bopper bench strategy. Even as I write this I'm second guessing this idea because surely they should play to the current rules and use the off-season to prepare players for that.

I thought both posts were reasonable in that the context it was bought up added to the debate.

Maybe in future don’t spent the whole night online in a warrior forum, It will never put you in a happy place 🤪. Your posts have added less and less to the analysis as the night has gone on...
Good point although there were a few of us up late, so wasn’t just me talking to myself (maybe) 🤠
Just posting portions out of my comments also pushes some of them a bit out of context you’re not a journalist by any chance lol
Anyway, I will take your opinion on board, I do get a bit carried away sometimes it’s just I work thu / fri / sat night so miss the chat for the most part, have a lot of catching up to do on Sunday arvo and evening

Anyone else notice that when we played Melbourne Bully was throwing bullets wide of the ruck, as soon as Green was back we played with a lot less width: aside from Newcastles "line speed" lol, might partly explain why we had no space.

I think I need to give up on this one, if you can’t see that your comments are thoughtless and offensive then I guess that’s that
I get the venting part, just wish you would keep it on topic ie players / coach / team performance
Personal experience and objective opinions practically defines the term maturity so don’t know where you’re coming from there
And yes, most nrl players would have Auckland as least desirable landing point, because they are Aussies, and moving to Auckland means being away from friends and family. Not the same case for kiwis playing in Oz, as coming to play back at home means being closer to friends and family, all makes sense and has absolutely nothing to do with the city the club is based in
Your attitude towards my hometown helps me understand why some people get so heated about the immigration laws in this country
Please also do not throw out half hearted apologies while in the same breath continue to make insulting comments, I would rather you didn’t bother - my feelings aren’t hurt, I am a big boy, just calling a fellow poster out on making irrelevant and rude comments
That’s my say done now on this, time to get back to footy talk, I apologise to other forum members for going off topic, this just pissed me off a bit, but all good now

Mate relax. Its relevant because the kiwi boys your talking about that love coming back usually come back in some of a retirement package and apart form Roger Tuivasa-Sheck we've never really lured a world class athlete in his prime here, especially an Aussie one.

It's a shit city get over it..or not it's up to you :)

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I went too, first time making the trip north to mt smart, beautiful day, pretty impressed with the place as a facility, not flash, but very functional. 2nd half of the reserve grade was pretty entertaining, Karl Lawton is a crack up celebrating tries like it’s the grand final – good to see.

I thought Green’s kicking let us down, its not like they were going dead or outright bad, but just lobbing up fairly gentle bombs landing 15 out, Kodi isn’t much of a distance kicker either.

Bit of a ref moan, yes its good tactics to basically dare the refs to penalise every set by slowing down the ruck, and we got some, could’ve got more. Also very offside on their own line, in the first half, but so were the warriors in the 2nd. Think the game is going to slow right down in the winter months, suppose it happens every year. A slow grind definitely does not suit this team, they want to pop offloads and get out of dummy half, 4 slow rucks up the middle and bomb just won't work.

Another loss at home against a side outside the 8, about as bad as it can get.

For me I blame the early Warriors teams for sucking me in with outrageously entertaining footy, f#$k I hate how we are trying to win with structured footy with a side full of NZ talent that intrinsically wants to play with flair, we just look out of place.

Coach Kearney is coaching in the wrong country, wrong grade, that is about the nicest comment I can make!

Season over already, makes for a very long winter. Go the Black Caps....

Last edited:

wrighty

From a guy that normally posts well balanced and thoughtful insights, I am disappointed with this one. Maybe take the time to read previous posts in the future, there has been a lot of blame thrown around on this one, and I am certainly one of the first to knock the refs most of the time, but blaming them on this one goes above and beyond. Our boys were shit, plain and simple, we’re all arguing about whether it was due to players or coaching, one of the very few times nobody has really had much bad to say about the refs
“We played well”?
“We did well”?
That shit is delusional man lol, the State Of Origin teams wouldn’t have beaten Newcastle? Did you watch the game after? Eels or dragons on the same day would have done Newcastle by 30 and us by 40, that’s how bad our game was. If you make comments like this when you have been drinking you may end up getting ridiculed as much as I do lol Granted I don’t need to be drunk to say stupid shit but lord does it help. BTW in case you missed it by skipping pages, Auckland is apparently a shithole, that was a very important post, which is why you shouldn’t skip pages, just think about the insightful posts you might miss out on lol

Sometimes the minority view is correct. I have never seen line speed that fast even at international level.

Reactions: Warrior482
Don't know about everyone else but Green looked slow, cumbersome and predictable. Chanel Harris-Tavita looked like he was scared to try anything and in the end did nothing and as a consequence his passing was atrocious. Roache tried to control the ruck by stepping away from ruck unfortunately someone hasn't told him he aint Cam Smith and our forwards gain advantage line better with ball from the deck. Papalii has gone backwards along with Ah Mau while Blair has lost any semblance of a competent fooy player. Burr trys hard but has no visible upside to his offensive game gets smacked backwards because he has no explosiveness. Tohu Harris and at a pinch Paasi only 1st grade forwards. Satae didn't play enough minutes to judge worthiness as Hayz. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck off the pace, Beale average, Herbert tried hard but nothing special, Hiku rocks and diamonds but mostly rocks, Ken should be wanting out shortly because he keeps improving but everyone else going backwards. Sigh