General NRL 2019 Round 8 - General Discussion

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
This is the worst football quality to start a season that I can remember across the board, and they wanna talk expansion??

Totally agree.

Very few players that will leave a legacy, very few quality halfs, and more than half of the teams that could be considered poor. It is a real worry.

Reactions: 3 users
Bushman

Bushman

Contributor
Game could be the dogs if they could hold onto the ball at crucial times, interestingly they lead the comp in completed sets

bruce

bruce

Contributor
and they wanna talk expansion??
They wanna talk expansion because the truth is they know they have to scrap Sydney clubs, and not replace them. Then we would have some football to watch. The ratings would go through the roof.

Reactions: 2 users
DallyM

DallyM

I was sort of happy the dogs went down my mates a doggie fan and I need them to stay behind the Warriors :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

That try Mitchell set up just before half time. Pure strength shoving off Masters. Most centres would of just taken the tackle, Mitchell pretty much out wrestled Masters while holding the ball.

Reactions: 3 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Hopefully the club sends a white flag rather than a team when we play Roosters.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Last time I'm tipping the Panthers for a while.

Thought they had a shot with Leilua, Rapana and Tapine not playing.

Then in game, CNK got sin binned and Bateman got injured.

They had their share of injuries too but man, they had nothing down the attacking end.

Tedster

Tedster

Roosters miles ahead of other teams, maybe only souths/canberra could give them a run but they look unstoppable - storm gone well off the mark.

Warrior482

Warrior482

Watching the Raiders reminds me of us last year. Great scramble and a bit of desperation and grit getting them thru.
Cappy strikes again haha.

Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

Watching the Raiders reminds me of us last year. Great scramble and a bit of desperation and grit getting them thru.
Cappy strikes again haha.
Hopefully 2020 Raiders remind us of the 2019 Warriors.

You make a fair comparison as they have made quite a lot of changes through recruitment and positional changes like we did last year (ours was more recruitment). They probably weren't expected to do to much and are playing above expectation like we did.

Stuart is getting a lot of kudos from the analysts. It will be interesting if McFadden is mentioned at all, either by the media or Stuart passing on some of the praise.

Reactions: 1 user