General NRL 2019 Round 8 - General Discussion

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

NQL made the first mistake by making Taumalolo stay on field with a medial ligament injury. Second mistake is rushing him back early. Doesn't matter how good you are. A big bloke needs much more time to heal. Hate to say it. But this could be the beginning of the end of season for him.

I've had the same issue since I was 18. You think it's alright after 4 or 5 weeks. The minute someone lands on your leg or twists it in the tackle, you're fucked.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Seibold after his side got pumped 38-6 last night. "It was our best defensive effort of the season" or something to that effect.

Finding positives after results like that he sounds like a Warriors coach. If he gets sacked from the Broncos he might end up here in a few years.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

Apparently 6 of the current 16 coaches have links to him plus QLD coach Kevin Walters, even Shane Flanagan worked with him in origin.
Michael Maguire (Storm assistant coach 2004-09)
Stephen Kearney (Storm assistant coach 2006-10)
Brad Arthur (Storm under 20s coach and then assistant coach 2007-10)
Dean Pay (Storm under 20s coach 2010-12)
Anthony Seibold (Storm under 20s coach and then assistant coach 2013-15)
Nathan Brown (coaching consultant 2015)
There were articles years ago with a similar theme with guys who were desciples of Warren Ryan or Tim Sheens either playing under them, starting their coaching careers under them.

Bellamy has had a lot of success since he took on the Storm job in 2003. Obviously he'd have had a few assistants but the coaching staff there has usually been close to as stacked as their football team with some of the better coaches coming through.

It's a good reflection of his tenure at the Storm and amazing he's had such an impact from the one club out of a main rugby league power base. The argument to all of it is if your not a fan of how the game is currently played with the wrestling and block plays as a lot of that can be traced back to him as well. The NRL is a competition with a lot of copy the leader syndrome.

Aman

Aman

Wow never seen such diabolical defence in a few mins in the NRL as by the Tits just then

Reactions: 1 user
DallyM

DallyM

hope Cam Smith comes out of retirement to play SoO so we can get a good look at Brandon Smith getting a good stint at dummyhalf

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Didn't Bukuya knock it on there in goal before it re-touched Kaufusi's foot?

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Storm look shit tonight.
Sharks doing well with the amount of talent on the sidelines. Which annoys me :D

Interesting read regarding their junior system developed by John Morris - based on Brian Smith's system.

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
I, sadly, prefer the Storm over the Sharks.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Shit; they'll break a few hearts if they can roll back down the field in ~3mins.

Chief

Chief

I would rather the Storm beat the Sharks but i told my partner earlier this week that there will be a square up in penalties in the Storm game. As in the Sharks will get a good rub. Last 7 penalties in a row for the Sharks. We will win on the weekend cos the Refs will give us a little help with the 50/50. Doesn't give us the two points from last week but its what usually happens.

kurgal

They pulled off what we couldn't - grinding a win against the Storm...

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
They are a bit of a bogey team for the Storm.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Nikora is my new favourite player in the NRL, kids got a massive future. That edge of Shaun Johnson, Nikora, Xerri once spent some time together will be unreal can't wait to see it evolve. Guess they put old broken boy Dugs out on the wing there too which is a stacked edge.

Old Sid

They pulled off what we couldn't - grinding a win against the Storm...
The bloody Sharks got all of the benefits from our efforts last week. Drives you nuts... penalties we should have had, referee toing the line in being seen to be calling against the Storm, 50/50 calls in the bunker...how does anyone get 7 penalties in a row? (except the Storm??)

Reactions: 6 users