• D

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • F

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • E

Votes: 41 33.3%

• Total voters

wrighty

To be fair I felt most of our errors were on attacking opportunities where we didn’t quite click. Positive errors.

Cowboys errors tended to be drop the ball dead type coach killers.

There are positive errors.
Coach Killer errors
and Game losing errors

Many of those errors in the red zone cost us a chance at 6 points and hence lost us the game.

That said, I liked your first post in this thread, I am sure some of us will swing back to glass is half full comments after we vent for 24 hours or so.

Another good moment was Chanel Harris-Tavita to Beale who didn't hesitate to pass to Maumalo who went in and scored in the corner we have been waiting for a centre to do that for a while.

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I haven't checked the individual stats however:

We were getting steamrollered up the middle for distance in the first half, that led to a shocking completion rate on attack and a substantial tackle count and possession deficit. On that basis the score was respectable at half time.

One could have expected the possession to balance, but it didn't, the completion rate dropped again and it showed in intensity and defence.

When Roger Tuivasa-Sheck knocked on you could see the dropped lips... again, heyzeuss spare me some of these guys are soft mentally and the coup de grace was carried out.

So on the surface it seems like SK erred in taking in 4 midgets against such a big pack. Also if Papaili is supposed to be Simon Mannering version II I don't know how he is going to do it carrying all that weight around. I know it is muscle and not fat, but it seems out of proportion.

Shaun Johnson would have won us that game, and probably the last, but that would have only got us on the edge of the eight. This mob will be definite candidates for the spoon. On the performance tonight the Storm could put 50 points on us, unanswered.

I ask again, WTF was Adam Blair signed? Pita Hiku had a shocker and really left any attack to Chanel Harris-Tavita who isn't ready for that leadership role yet. I just hope he doesn't lose confidence in the process.

The muppet who allowed Mason Lino to go needs to be held to account, like being sacked on the spot without notice, no matter WTF he is. If it was SK, so be it, because anybody that thick isn't any use to this club.

This club is in crisis because we don't have the players, forget about the coach. Heyzeuss couldn't coach this mob, they are a bunch of reserve graders with a few exceptions. Somebody tell me how many would be first choice at another club?

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Fusitua, Luke, Green, Ah Mau, Bunty Afoa, Harris and maybe, only maybe Adam Blair. I know Jazz got DallyM but who else would really want him?

So apart from the overpaid "stars" we have a team of reserve graders on first grade money. That obviously means nobody wants to come here, still. Signing SK for a longer deal was supposed to fix that.

I don't think so, this is going to be a long year.

Reactions: 19 users
Donal

Donal

Poor game on both sides. My youngster got it right at half time: "we're watching a bottom 8 game", and we were. Cowboys very average indeed - some big boppers, Morgan can get some distance, that's it - and if we can't put them away we're in for a long, long season.

Some honourable exceptions, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Burr, Bunty, maybe Tohu Harris, otherwise not a lot to like at individual level, and a couple of people whose run-on places ought to be questioned. Blair is not living up to his rep, and Kata - well, many others before this post have made the point, too.

As for the bench selection and management - pitiful. Three hookers - yeah, right, and Issac missing for far, far too long when he'd looked in good form early on. No idea what was going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Panther

My humorous moment of the day was Kata, following a line break and having the Cowboys shot to pieces if they shifted it wide instead scooted from dummy half from 20 metres out to try to score himself.
Don’t laugh cause those extra run metres will keep him in the team

WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
It's a pity we can't go to the doctor and get his try line fever diagnosed to see how far out from the try line it reaches.

He was lucky we got the penalty (pretty sure we did get one there). But it was a stupid play. I commented to my wife how he ruins attacking sets from 5 out but that far out.
No we didn’t get a penalty from that set of 6. Cowboys regained poss from 5 out. That’s what really hurt us,would have been 16 all with 11 mins to go. Thank Solomone,again. Not sure what for or why?!

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Kearney said they anticipated a really tough match against Melbourne last year, but they weren't ready for it.

Huh??

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Panther

I think this squad has to face Melbourne given their strength and the short turnaround You don’t want to set up the next group to fall. But a group of 3-4 reserve graders need to be tapped on the shoulder now and told to get ready for the following week.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Surely there will have to be some players dropped.
Can Pulu do any worse than Blair?
Is Hiku bringing more to the halves than AK?

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

I think this squad has to face Melbourne given their strength and the short turnaround You don’t want to set up the next group to fall. But a group of 3-4 reserve graders need to be tapped on the shoulder now and told to get ready for the following week.
I didn't think of that. But maybe it'll make a difference.
Both AK and Lawton at least look hungry when they play

Reactions: 4 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Too underwhelmed to bang on about another disappointing loss.

Reality is I picked Cows when I saw the bench and it unfolded as we suspected it would.

It’s all becoming a bit sad really.

JaggedJ

The short turnaround means the same time sheet will be thrown out minus Fusitua. Can almost set your watch to it.

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  1. Beale*
  2. Kata*
  3. Hiku*
  4. Maumalo*
  5. Green
  6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  7. Paasi
  8. Luke
  9. Ah Mau
  10. Blair*
  11. Harris
  12. Burr

1. Tevaga*
  2. Afoa
  3. Papali'i
  4. Roache
  5. Lisone*
  6. Pulu*
  7. Herbert
  8. Sao/AK

Will be surprised with anything else.

The * indicates those who are either not in the right position or should just be out of the team completely. Wanted to put one next to Burr but our other muppets make him look passable. Papali'i deserves one on form probably as well.

PS. I give up - Does anyone know how to stop lists from automatically creating and fucking up my formatting? It's the Kata of posting.

Last edited:
  • Haha

theleagueguy

Blake Green's composure was missed in the sense that they made 6 line breaks but only scored two tries. Also Luke unable to play big minutes compound this issue

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

The short turnaround means the same time sheet will be thrown out minus Fusitua. Can almost set your watch to it.

1.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  1. Beale*
  2. Kata*
  3. Hiku*
  4. Maumalo*
  5. Green
  6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  7. Paasi
  8. Luke
  9. Ah Mau
  10. Blair*
  11. Harris
  12. Burr

1. Tevaga*
  2. Afoa
  3. Papali'i
  4. Roache
  5. Lisone*
  6. Pulu*
  7. Herbert
  8. Sao/AK

Will be surprised with anything else.

The * indicates those who are either not in the right position or should just be out of the team completely. Wanted to put one next to Burr but our other muppets make him look passable. Papali'i deserves one on form probably as well.
For a minute there were stars next to everyone. Im not fan of Tevaga in the forwards, especially against a team that has a guy like NAS.

Just looking at the Storms team list I can see a massacre on the horizon

Reactions: 1 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Blake Green's composure was missed in the sense that they made 6 line breaks but only scored two tries. Also Luke unable to play big minutes compound this issue
Unable to play or just not required by the coach? He spent most of the game doing a spin class!!!

• Haha

JaggedJ

For a minute there were stars next to everyone. Im not fan of Tevaga in the forwards, especially against a team that has a guy like NAS.

Just looking at the Storms team list I can see a massacre on the horizon

The stars were attempt #3 at removing the list tags. Lol it's really annoying.

Storm will just run around us with speed all game.

theleagueguy

I think Sheck bombed two tries was the best player on the field has to show more composure when finishing

Reactions: 1 user