• D

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • F

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • E

Votes: 41 33.3%

• Total voters

wrighty

So I watched the game with my 72 year old mother. Before the game I gave her a primer on the difference between rugby and league and how league has six tackles etc

Here were her observations

Chanel Harris-Tavita should take the line on himself even once or twice as he always took the pass option making it too easy for the defence to lay off him.

It is ok if we lose as hopefully it will lead to some poor players being dropped.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was the best player on the field for the Warriors.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

JaggedJ

So I watched the game with my 72 year old mother. Before the game I gave her a primer on the difference between rugby and league and how league has six tackles etc

It is ok if we lose as hopefully it will lead to some poor players being dropped.

Did you then give her a primer on Kearney?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
FuNQie

FuNQie

Chanel Harris-Tavita should take the line on himself even once or twice as he always took the pass option making it too easy for the defence to lay off him.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was the best player on the field for the Warriors.
Hey, wrighty’s Mum, you got it, lady!

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

I know in the modern game teams like to take settlers inside the opposition 20 to setup a big play. When I first started watching league teams would be attacking each play inside the opposition 20 even if it meant swinging the ball from one wing to the other.

A few times tonight we were in their 20 for a full set and all we pretty much did was a set of one out hit ups or dummy half runs. It shouldn't be blamed on the rookie half. It looked like they weren't drilled for it, we also have enough experience in the side for them to get in the correct positions to give guys options.

Years ago we used to pick up the pace inside the opposition. It might not have looked pretty but it was threatening.

Reactions: 2 users

wrighty

My humorous moment of the day was Kata, following a line break and having the Cowboys shot to pieces if they shifted it wide instead scooted from dummy half from 20 metres out to try to score himself.

Reactions: 8 users
DallyM

DallyM

I have been a SK supporter but this season so far he has shit the bed big time.
agree I was really hoping he would be a good fit for us but its just snowballing into a total disaster and his bench use is just dumb..... glad someone brought it up at the presser and made his look stupid

Reactions: 6 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Nothing positive came out of that game other than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck individual try....

The team selection was poor, bench use was even worse, and the same shithouse players make the same shithouse mistakes each week!

This team isn’t playing finals footy this season.

No other team in the NRL has such a boring unimaginative attack as we do. We start a 5 tackle set on their 10 metre line and take 2 one off hit ups to settle things down, spread it wide once where the passing is so bad it’s just clunky, then revert back to another settler one off hit up and on the last tackle if by luck we manage to get a kick away on the last tackle it’s piss poorly placed!!!

Reactions: 7 users

JaggedJ

My humorous moment of the day was Kata, following a line break and having the Cowboys shot to pieces if they shifted it wide instead scooted from dummy half from 20 metres out to try to score himself.

And everyone saw it coming.

Reactions: 6 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

I feel like I've just clicked that I'm in a terrible relationship. I hate to be negative but i am seriously assessing some shit

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

It's a pity we can't go to the doctor and get his try line fever diagnosed to see how far out from the try line it reaches.

He was lucky we got the penalty (pretty sure we did get one there). But it was a stupid play. I commented to my wife how he ruins attacking sets from 5 out but that far out.

Reactions: 1 users
Diesel

Diesel

agree I was really hoping he would be a good fit for us but its just snowballing into a total disaster and his bench use is just dumb..... glad someone brought it up at the presser and made his look stupid
What was said?

JaggedJ

The Warriors are a team where mistakes are made and then more mistakes are made in an attempt to put a band aid on the previous mistakes.

I'm not even talking about on the field. Ever since Bluey took over and decided we didn't need experience because our all conquering NYC would conquer first grade.

We've been chasing our tails ever since, purchasing individual players in the hope that they would overcome the shortcomings of too many while ignoring the shortcomings they were bringing with them.

It's just a circle of incompetence.

Reactions: 3 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Warriors 13 errors (One error every 6 minutes of play)
Cowboys 8 errors
To be fair I felt most of our errors were on attacking opportunities where we didn’t quite click. Positive errors.

Cowboys errors tended to be drop the ball dead type coach killers.

Reactions: 1 user
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

I know in the modern game teams like to take settlers inside the opposition 20 to setup a big play. When I first started watching league teams would be attacking each play inside the opposition 20 even if it meant swinging the ball from one wing to the other.

A few times tonight we were in their 20 for a full set and all we pretty much did was a set of one out hit ups or dummy half runs. It shouldn't be blamed on the rookie half. It looked like they weren't drilled for it, we also have enough experience in the side for them to get in the correct positions to give guys options.

Years ago we used to pick up the pace inside the opposition. It might not have looked pretty but it was threatening.
You're right bro. We looked completely clueless down in the attacking zone. It's unforgiveable to have 3 or 4 guys taking settlers in the opposition 20. Likewise, it's unforgivable to have guys just standing flat footed receiving the ball in the oppositions 20, only to shovel it on to another bloke who is also standing flat footed. Payten and Stacey need to sort it out.

Reactions: 5 users