• F

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • E

Votes: 41 33.3%

• Total voters

Ziggity

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 19, 2015
I hope Autex are spending their Easter Sunday working out some dodgy backroom business deals, so they can afford to take Kearney out back and put him out of his misery.
We were so stupid not to pick up Mcguire instead

kearney will be around for a few more years though, hopefully he watches at least 1 other game a month to see how the other 15 teams use a bench

Reactions: Woofa

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016

kearney will be around for a few more years though, hopefully he watches at least 1 other game a month to see how the other 15 teams use a bench
As a coach he should be watching most NRL games shouldn’t he? Or is it, “um err it’s about umm err the Warriors process um err ahh than concentrating um on not the umm err you know other clubs you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
It was the bench rotation which had me baffled.

Why carry Roache if you’re gonna play Jazz at hooker for a good chunk of the game?

For too long we played with only 1 prop on the field as well. I know Jazz plays above his weight but damn.

Luke sitting for 40 mins is ridiculous. Especially in a tight game which was slipping away - we could of really used an experienced head to come in and help steady the ship.

Roache was great when he came in.

SK’s rotations aren’t conventional - but this new age thing he’s trying to get trending just doesn’t make sense.

Having the big wingers this season isn’t working either. Last year the Shaun Johnson-Tohu Harris-Hiku-Fusitua combo was fire. This season the whole backline switch (plus Shaun Johnson leaving) has completely evaporated Fusitua (Although he was unlucky to have tries disallowed last week and this week).

I love Maumalo’s effort and workrate, but he just isn’t a scoring threat in a team desperate for points.

Kata - I don’t think he’s ever going to grow into a decent centre. He will forever be flawed and it’s a damn shame but it is what it is.

SK has to buck up his shit man. He’s got to bite the Bullet and fucken adjust.

You got Beale for starters - give him a permanent gig not just an injury replacement which is all he’s been since being here.

Herbert was close to debuting - give him an opportunity while Fusitua is out. Time to try something new - have guts because this season is flailing.

If Green is out - give the AK - Chanel Harris-Tavita combo a chance. Hiku is a gap filler and it isn’t good enough - esp when Chanel Harris-Tavita is so fucken raw you can’t depend on him in rough situations!

Adam Blair has been fucken horrible on the edge - play him in the middle, off the bench or drop him. Let Papalii start on the edge and give Pulu or Sao a fucken chance dude.

The team is still hella imbalanced. Last year SK made it work. But the loss of Shaun Johnson and Greens early absense on top of SK’s lunatic rotations has us in a hole early.

I don’t think this season is lost yet but SK needs to do something quickly before deepseeded isssues undo all the good work culture-wise which has happened for the club in the last few seasons.

Big few weeks coming up.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016

Hilarious that we actually had this option.

Last year was a fluke - our good start was because injuries tricked Kearney into selecting a decent team, as soon as he switched to selecting his preferred sons we turned into a hot and cold mess.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Hilarious that we actually had this option.

Last year was a fluke - our good start was because injuries tricked Kearney into selecting a decent team, as soon as he switched to selecting his preferred sons we turned into a hot and cold mess.
I still cannot understand the difference, that is before the Anzac Day game that is. The options are:
  1. Our fitness caught the other teams out.
  2. The new voices worked.
  3. Mannering was still making a lot of tackles
  4. Lino was dynamite in the halves
  5. Cappy was here

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
I still cannot understand the difference, that is before the Anzac Day game that is. The options are:
  5. Cappy was here

Power game, 2nd row that bent the line. Then Kearney started getting too tricky - some of that was too many 80 minute players giving him too many options to be dense.

Even Anzac Day was a wrestle until Cam Smith targeted Bully’s shoulder for a work over.

Jazz getting way too many touches also screws us in the 2nd half of the season, he simply is not good enough to touch the ball as much as he does.

Reactions: BA-AD Luck

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
  5. Cappy was here

6. The NRL crack-down on penalties gave the warriors a fair shake when other teams actually had to get back 10 meters.

Stalefish540

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
6. The NRL crack-down on penalties gave the warriors a fair shake when other teams actually had to get back 10 meters.
But what does that say about us, that other teams can adapt to the refs and forge forward. We just run round in circles unable to tactically adjust to referees interpretations.

Just shows how far we are behind as a coaching and playing group.

Reactions: bruce and Pozza

enterthewarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 9, 2013
7 We didn't play a gimped forward pack including Blair in the 2nd row and Tevaga the 60 minute prop who touches the ball more than the bloody play makers.
8 Mannering playing 1 year too long
9 Anzac loss pack was: https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-8/storm-vs-warriors/ - speaks for itself really looks a lot like this years one especially in the back row...
Just had a look through the stats cause I was a bit bored. Anthony Gelling made 101 post contact metres. Wow! Don't think any player has made that many post contact metres before. We should have persisted with Gelling.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings