Votes: 58 45.7%
  • B

Votes: 49 38.6%
  • C

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Whoever agreed to that should be sacked now. Even if it was SK. Look at how the Panthers board are having to deal with all of Gould's dumb deals, and George didn't want to pay Shaun Johnson a million FFS.
So the Titanic is turning, too late we've already hit the iceberg thanks to your favourite leader Georgie boy!

Who would you rather bruce bruce, Blair or Shaun Johnson? Both on big contracts and both contributors in their own ways as evidenced last season. Before you answer the now obvious, consider we had both for this season and could have been building further on the performances of last season but for some wanker trying to screw marquee players over with unreasonable contract negotiations.

Be assured that wanker is not the coach..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/001a2db1727b3c270d5438e83bd34381
‘They’ve got no halfback’: How dumbfounding Shaun Johnson decision has ruined Warriors
No Shaun Johnson ... lots, and lots, of worries.

bla bla bla We haven’t heard that before, aye?

A lack of halves depth at the Warriors could well have cost the club three wins in as many weeks,
.....and the team has narrowly lost their past three games.

Tell us something we don’t know.

Here’s something, tho: despite all that, we only narrowly lost those games. The last one stolen from us, plus we were without Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. And then there’s Kata/Herbert. What if Herbert had been playing instead of Kata against the Bunnies and the Cowboys, with Tohu Harris back on the right hand side, like he was on ANZAC Day, where he should have been all along?

If Kearney can learn from his mistakes and the corrections forced on him by injury, then we have good reason to hope for better things. Well, until he makes his next mistake, that is.

Maybe Kearney is a bit like the USA, as described by Churchill. You know he’ll do the right thing - after he’s exhausted all the other possibilities.

But seriously, there’s good grounds for optimism.

Stalefish540

Contributor
I'm hoping this video loads properly

1st Half - 28th minute.

I make that a 10 second PTB, what say you?

Couldn't believe it at the time and all I could think about when that penalty was blown
Theres nothing wrong with this tackle though, it is a surrender tackle and completely fine for me. Called by the ref, Solomona bear hug around the waist as you're supposed to do in a surrender tackle. No penalty.

The issue is when Papali'i does it to Bromwich, the ref immediately calls move instead of surrender. Papali'i is looking the ref confused I feel, as it was 100% a surrender tackle and jbrom didn't surrender but thats because the ref didn't call it. He gets up quickly, and plays it with Papali'i's knee clearly knocking the ball playing arm(have seen a close up angle from Wahs side facing storm).

So while the penalty is technically 50/50 correct because Papa was crowding, it's only due to the ref mucking it up in the first place and not calling surrender.

bla bla bla We haven’t heard that before, aye?

Tell us something we don’t know.

Here’s something, tho: despite all that, we only narrowly lost those games. The last one stolen from us, plus we were without Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. And then there’s Kata/Herbert. What if Herbert had been playing instead of Kata against the Bunnies and the Cowboys, with Tohu Harris back on the right hand side, like he was on ANZAC Day, where he should have been all along?

If Kearney can learn from his mistakes and the corrections forced on him by injury, then we have good reason to hope for better things. Well, until he makes his next mistake, that is.

Maybe Kearney is a bit like the USA, as described by Churchill. You know he’ll do the right thing - after he’s exhausted all the other possibilities.

But seriously, there’s good grounds for optimism.

Without Kata and a proper bench, we would have taken all 3. I'm optimistic for the team in general because I think we actually have a strong squad with depth across the park. I said it before the start of the season I think we have a top 4 squad. However, I'm not optimistic that Kearney will put the right players in the right positions to make that happen.

That's why I think if we miss the 8 it is on him and he has to go. How long are we going to wait for him to learn how to coach properly? His selections and weak bench cost us a second life in last years play-offs.

It seems so obvious that herbert should be there but I have this feeling of dread about next weeks team naming, you just know that SK could be thinking about out from a whole different (and unexplainable) perspective.
I agree, i'm sure he will be in the mindset of Kata is rated ahead of Milne - just between the lines of his post match comments. I would like to see Herbert given another chance, they threw him in against the second best team in the comp and he was great - really impressed with what i saw, never gave up right until the last play. If he go's for Kata this week if he is available there could be anarchy.

wrighty

Honestly, I hope SK wakes up and realises giving the ISP guys a crack at FG is healthy.

The new energy that comes with the new boys is so obvious.

Even with the likes of Ayshford, what he brings to the table is a new found energy and spark missing in the players way too comfortable in thinking their spot is 100% safe.

Even Fusitua and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Green and Kata. After this strong performance by their ISP replacements they must be thinking “shit I need to step me game up”.

That being said, if SK brings back Kata and doesn’t give Herbert another shot, it would be a big mistake.

SK needs to reward Herbert from that solid performance.

It’s that simple.

I think there will be a hue and cry if he is not selected. However I can SK putting him on the bench and giving him 5 minutes at the end like Gelling used to get.

I have kept kind of quiet on SK - but I will be mildly impressed by him if he elevated Herbet next week and drops a regular permanently. It will take some balls.

wrighty

Men, Fellow Posters,

I have been thinking, and this thought is inspired by some of the optimistic posts I have seen in the past 2 days. we need to go on a 5-0 run like we did last season. Starting immediately. My memory of all the top 8 teams last year is that they all got hot at one point and went on a big run, be it at the beginning of the season or 2/3 of the way through the season. I don't think we should throw in the towel on the season and go all youth for the rest of the year, at least don't make that decision for another 3 games at least.

I could spin my message out further by repeating myself in different words, but I won't. That is all. End transmission.

Message to Warriors - commence a 5-0 run.

1. Hiku
  2. Beale
  3. Herbert
  4. Ayshford
  5. Ken
  6. Harris
  7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  8. Amau
  9. Luke
  10. Paasi
  11. Blair
  12. Papalii
  13. Burr
  14. Jazz
  15. Roach
  16. Afoa
  17. Hayze Perham
How did that team take the Storm into the final 10 mins with a chance to win?

Answer: The exact same way we made it into our only two grand finals!!!

DEFENSE!!!!!
Incorrect again
Anderson’s squad didn’t even know what the word defence meant, I don’t think, they got to the grand final purely on attack based footy, Francis meli 5 tries in a finals match ring a bell?
Cleary’s mob were defence based, but the play had to throw that out the window in every finals game when they found themselves behind on the scoreboard and won these games in last minute nail biters based on their attacking flair when the games looked lost

Reactions: OMG and bruce
Men, Fellow Posters,

I have been thinking, and this thought is inspired by some of the optimistic posts I have seen in the past 2 days. we need to go on a 5-0 run like we did last season. Starting immediately. My memory of all the top 8 teams last year is that they all got hot at one point and went on a big run, be it at the beginning of the season or 2/3 of the way through the season. I don't think we should throw in the towel on the season and go all youth for the rest of the year, at least don't make that decision for another 3 games at least.

I could spin my message out further by repeating myself in different words, but I won't. That is all. End transmission.

Message to Warriors - commence a 5-0 run.

I was going to post something similar. Whilst I don't personally believe they have quite what it takes to go on such a run of 4-5 wins in a row, I also accept it's not outside the realms of possibility. There is enough depth and talent in the team for it to potentially happen. Militating against it happening is of course the Warriors well-known lack of consistency from week to week. But you never know. It's way too early in the comp to give up.

Reactions: wrighty and bruce

bruce

Contributor
So the Titanic is turning, too late we've already hit the iceberg thanks to your favourite leader Georgie boy!

Who would you rather bruce bruce, Blair or Shaun Johnson? Both on big contracts and both contributors in their own ways as evidenced last season. Before you answer the now obvious, consider we had both for this season and could have been building further on the performances of last season but for some wanker trying to screw marquee players over with unreasonable contract negotiations.

Be assured that wanker is not the coach..
Shaun Johnson is worth way more than Blair. Blair is not one of the best forwards in the comp. Shaun Johnson is one of the best backs.

Like I said before, the Titanic is starting to turn. But you were all too happy to see Shaun Johnson be gotten rid of before the season proper and rallied behind George as if he were a GODoyle..
I'm glad hes gone, for him and the club. He gets a chance to prove his value at a contender, and the Warriors get to free up a pile of cash and not be obliged to a player. Too often the Warriors hold onto guys for too long without any results to show for it. This current team still has some dead weight, but the forwards have a good core group of young guys and if some of these young guys get a run this year and prove their worth the Warriors might be able to use SJs cap money to buy players where they really need them.

If they stuck with Shaun Johnson this year, noone gets blooded, and possibly he leaves next year, or they get desperate and re-sign him for more..

The loss of Shaun Johnson and shit start to this season might result in a more well rounded team