General NRL 2019 Round 6 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
snake77

snake77

The Eels players should all go out and buy lotto tickets after this game. Some of the lucky bounces in things they are getting tonight one of them is bound to win.

Reactions: 1 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Put a line through the Tigers winning a premiership this year. That's 50 on the board for para and still time for them to hit 60.

Lance155

Lance155

Imagine having a multi on eels 13 plus Moses and Gutho to score. How can everyone around Clint score!!!! Ahhh

snake77

snake77

Lane was pretty average here, he was also pretty average at Manly.

Playing in yellow and blue seems to suit him. He's been a lot better this year.

Some good runs and some good defensive efforts in this match.

Reactions: 2 users
DallyM

DallyM

one good thing for the Warriors so far this year is that 8 other teams suck just as bad

• Haha
snake77

snake77

I doubt the Eels will be shopping Moses around now.

Well this is the club that still has Arthur not under contract which is probably smart to wait seeing as they got the spoon last. But they will need to move soon. Then they have their captain having issues getting a deal.

FuNQie

FuNQie

I doubt the Eels will be shopping Moses around now.

Well this is the club that still has Arthur not under contract which is probably smart to wait seeing as they got the spoon last. But they will need to move soon. Then they have their captain having issues getting a deal.
A good coach who’s off contract!? Now I’m excited.

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

What a fantastic looking stadium.

Lane was pretty average here, he was also pretty average at Manly.

Playing in yellow and blue seems to suit him. He's been a lot better this year.

Some good runs and some good defensive efforts in this match.

We played him what? all of 3 times. Probably more than Tof Sipley though.

Reactions: 4 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Lane was here for a 6 month holiday, he sorta picked up abit of form last year at Manly during different stages. But along with just about every Eels forward this season, he has gone up a notch or 3. They still have Manu Mau and Nathan Brown to come back to aswell, moving Moeroa into prop rotation. This is a hard to handle forward pack when they hit their straps, as blokes like Terepo really come from the back fence every run. Not quite the athleticism of Nikora, but Niukore has been very solid playing 80mins on that right edge - good lines, big motor, and solid defence.

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

Mate Lane was pretty ordinary in ISP

I don’t think you get good at first grade by playing ISP, but you can identify who has a high ceiling.

Regardless, I think he was one of those blokes that had to figure out how to use his size properly in RL, it would always take a bit of time.

Pozza

Pozza

Tell me one Pom who has been any good at the Warriors, just ONE??? BAN ALL POMS
Hard to argue there, but it might be more a reflection on the Warriors as an organisation which turns these guys to shit once they join us ??

Pozza

Pozza

That isn't a myth, it is a fact. :banghead:
Going by the results the Raiders are achieving with the 4 Poms maybe things have changed. Surely it cant be all down to Ricky ?? LOL
Paul Kent made some interesting comments re these guys on NRL 360 last night, think he was spot on.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Hard to argue there, but it might be more a reflection on the Warriors as an organisation which turns these guys to shit once they join us ??
They were shite before they got here, and one who would know i.e. Graham Lowe said as much when they were all signed. The only decent signing from Wigan was Dean Bell.

To push my point ladies and jellybeans, ever since adam was a boy the ESL comp has had easy games and hard games. The latter are in the minority. This breeds what is known in cricket as flat track bullies.

Now there have been many true hard men from the north, some so tough it makes me weep thinking of them. However it takes a little bit of skill working out the wheat from the chaf as it were. The wheat seeds perceive Sydney as the land of barbecues and shrimps beside Bondi Beach.

The chaf, with their cunning agents, perceive New Zealand as a South Pacific island where one gets money for nothing, and lots of it too. They figure by the time they have been shown up as frauds the money is in the bank and who gives a stuff what the fans think of them.

Just saying like.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Paul Kent made some interesting comments re these guys on NRL 360 last night, think he was spot on.
What was that? I didn't see it.
Going by the results the Raiders are achieving with the 4 Poms maybe things have changed. Surely it cant be all down to Ricky ?? LOL
I don't know what it is down to, but they seem to be able to find a bargain if CNK is considered. On the other hand we regard Blair as a bargain. :rolleyes: Remember Canberra is almost as unpopular as Auckland for Aussie players so the club and sticky are doing something right. Just don't try telling me we should be signing poms.

Reactions: 1 user
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
What was that? I didn't see it.

I don't know what it is down to, but they seem to be able to find a bargain if CNK is considered. On the other hand we regard Blair as a bargain. :rolleyes: Remember Canberra is almost as unpopular as Auckland for Aussie players so the club and sticky are doing something right. Just don't try telling me we should be signing poms.
The type of Poms we would look to sign would be of the Lee Mossop at Parra type. Good for sweet FA.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.