General NRL 2019 Round 6 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Cronk is good however his whole career has been a down hill ski - never played in a team where he hasn't been surrounded by superstars. He's not even close to Thurston and a completely different player to Shaun Johnson. Thurston had everything.

I don’t know

I thought he did alright in the GF playing with a broken collar bone. His leadership and ability to steer the ship was critical for the chooks.

I don’t know

I thought he did alright in the GF playing with a broken collar bone. His leadership and ability to steer the ship was critical for the chooks.
He played a similar role in the grand final to what Alfie still plays for the Broncos, I'm sure Cronk will make a great waterboy when he retires from playing.

But seriously, since I've been watching league, the best halves I've seen have been Johns followed by Thurston followed by daylight. The next tier down I'd have the likes of Stuart, Langer and probably Cronk. That's just my opinion of course however what is surely indisputable is that Cronk has never played in a side where he hasn't been surrounded by excellence - Storm, Roosters 2018, Queensland, Australia; and also his skill set is quite different to Shaun Johnson's? I'd love to see how he'd go playing for a middling team.

This early start through me a bit. Was expecting the normal Friday night start times. Was about to plan my night and decided to check nrl.com to remind myself on what the second game was to see the game was 15 minutes in.

The only premiership thurston ever won was behind the best pack in the comp too tbf.
I'd agree with johns sitting top of the pile.
Couldn't split thurston, cronk, langer and sterling.
I'd have Stuart in the next bunch with Alexander, freeman, jones, kimorley and dare I say it..... he who shall not be mentioned.

Back on topic... bunnies too strong but a brave effort from the doggies.
You can mention The Chad.... don’t think anyone here would get upset ;)

bruce

Contributor
He played a similar role in the grand final to what Alfie still plays for the Broncos, I'm sure Cronk will make a great waterboy when he retires from playing.

But seriously, since I've been watching league, the best halves I've seen have been Johns followed by Thurston followed by daylight. The next tier down I'd have the likes of Stuart, Langer and probably Cronk. That's just my opinion of course however what is surely indisputable is that Cronk has never played in a side where he hasn't been surrounded by excellence - Storm, Roosters 2018, Queensland, Australia; and also his skill set is quite different to Shaun Johnson's? I'd love to see how he'd go playing for a middling team.
Mate, if you are suggesting Shaun Johnson is in the same class as Cronk, that must be powerful stuff you are on.:eek: I have posted that Shaun Johnson was the best international half last year, and I stand by that, but there was nothing from England and Daly Cherry-Evans is no Cooper Cronk.

If we go into the past Johns was a marvel, but always in a good team behind a good forward pack as well. And talk about going AWOL during games, heyzeuss spare me he virtually took smoko breaks. Langer was pretty good but look at the team, let along the forward pack he had around him.

In recent times the best for me second to Cronk was Sticky Stuart, pain in the arse he may be, but he was so good it didn't show, and he was always in the game.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Mate, if you are suggesting Shaun Johnson is in the same class as Cronk, that must be powerful stuff you are on.:eek: I have posted that Shaun Johnson was the best international half last year, and I stand by that, but there was nothing from England and Daly Cherry-Evans is no Cooper Cronk.

If we go into the past Johns was a marvel, but always in a good team behind a good forward pack as well. And talk about going AWOL during games, heyzeuss spare me he virtually took smoko breaks. Langer was pretty good but look at the team, let along the forward pack he had around him.

In recent times the best for me second to Cronk was Sticky Stuart, pain in the arse he may be, but he was so good it didn't show, and he was always in the game.
Now where did I suggest that? My point was that you can't even compare Cronk and Shaun Johnson because they are completely different players. The rest of your post is similarly fictitious, for example, the Knights were nothing without Joey, certainly some good players however they could hardly win a game without him. You have one warped memory. Get back to watching reruns of Craig Innes' Kiwi's career brucey.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Storm looked a little ugly there. Imagine Bellyache is foaming up in the box.

Would love to see the Roosters salary sheet.
Must be a few guys playing for unders.

May as well give the Roosters the trophy now... absolute weapons across the park.
Totally. Latrell Mitchell - acceleration like a Ferrari, fends twice, a Storm cannon about to flatten him, Tedesco is there, perfectly positioned, Mitchell passes. Brilliance.

Reactions: Trugoy
Two of the Roosters tries were fantastic the last pass you could debate if they were forward or not. The Storm one was just ridiculous (the pass not the try).

That first Roosters try it was great work with the ball out to Tupou and Mitchell did well staying in support.

The Roosters left is lethal.

bruce

Contributor
Now where did I suggest that? My point was that you can't even compare Cronk and Shaun Johnson because they are completely different players. The rest of your post is similarly fictitious, for example, the Knights were nothing without Joey, certainly some good players however they could hardly win a game without him. You have one warped memory. Get back to watching reruns of Craig Innes' Kiwi's career brucey.
Andrew Johns played for Newcadtle when they had his brother in the halves and the Kimmorley brothers in the reserves. Things have changed in the Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.