Votes: 10 7.0%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
wizards rage

wizards rage

I wasn’t condoning throwing defence out the window in favour of attack, just saying you shouldn’t have the mindset that defence will win you the game.
I think that you can control your defence so it should be a priority, whereas attack can be somewhat out of your hands.

You can’t win on a nill all draw, but you won’t be beat. You also can’t win on a 40 all draw, but it’s a lottery when points are coming from everywhere.

Points differential wins games. Focus on both but for me you prioritise what you can control.

Reactions: 2 users
DallyM

DallyM

This defence/ attack debate is like..... who came first the chicken or the egg

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

This defence/ attack debate is like..... who came first the chicken or the egg
You need to do both. But defense is harder so needs to be given priority.

And there's no use scoring a try, if you're going to be lazy and let in 2 straight after like we did in the Manly game. We'd have been better off with no tries, while holding Manly try less down their end of the field.

Defend when they are strong, attack when they are weak.

If we can't break their line, because their energy is too high, play the grind and dominate field position. If we can break their line, because their energy has momentarily weakened, move them from side to side until a gap appears, then give the ball to the player closest to that gap.

The Art Of Footy

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Yes that is one instance. I'd like to see him doing it more consistently like he was at the Roosters week in week out, or as I stated if you watch CNK this season literally following the play the ball waiting for opportunity.

2015 the Roosters had Pearce & Maloney in the halves and Roger was a rookie, so he was able to leave the organising to them and concentrate on the support game. Here at the Warriors he's the captain and looks to be playing more like a third half, so has to do a lot more organising, which is why he's only ever supporting on set plays.

Reactions: 3 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

One more whinge about the Refs... Are the Warriors the only side to continuously get pinged for having a hand/arm genuinely trapped in the tackled player?

It seems most of the time and with the other teams, the Refs will see this as a unfortunate part of the game and give the tackler reasonable time and a chance to safely get his hand/arm free.

It's like the "milking" call from the refs, you seem to hear it a lot more when the Warriors have the ball. When it's the other way, like the Kata penalty, the guy can just flop to the ground without being pushed and get the call.

Christofolos

Christofolos

I think that you can control your defence so it should be a priority, whereas attack can be somewhat out of your hands.

You can’t win on a nill all draw, but you won’t be beat. You also can’t win on a 40 all draw, but it’s a lottery when points are coming from everywhere.

Points differential wins games. Focus on both but for me you prioritise what you can control.
Ok gang, for all of you that wonder why SK fills interviews with Uma, ahs, you knows, here is your answer. If you make a definitive statement then you run the risk of looking stupid if you say something stupid.

Wizards rage has just hilighted this point with his comments, nice work man

Lol just busting your chops bud, have read a lot of your posts and like what you have to say for the most part.

But if you’re gonna try to sell me that it is easier to control what is going on when you don’t have the ball than it is when you do have the ball, I gotta tell you that you have an uphill battle on your hands lol. By sheer definition control of the game comes from what you do when you control the action, ie with the ball in hand. Defence is reactionary, as you have to react to what the other guys do. Defence also tires players out faster, so my thoughts are that the less of it you have to the better off you are later in the game.

To follow through with your points, it probably doesn’t matter if you drop the ball every second set, because we will then be defending. Some people would be upset watching our guys do this, but they would be wrong, as this means we would be defending, and therefore in control of events. You are a cunning man, I like the cut of your jib lol. I vote that we replace Steve Kearney with you.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a true visionary here, if he offers you a glass of Kool Aid for gods sake don’t drink it

Wizards rage, no offence with the above, the short version is that I disagree with you but that’s cool, is what makes life fun ( alongside happy hour at the pub and $5 hookers ) Plus it’s a slow Monday morning and I just learnt how to write, so words excite me at the mo 🤠 I would have drawn pictures instead, but Inruin said that bastard Johno are all the crayons 🖍

Peace out ✌️ gang, have a cool Monday

• Haha
Christofolos

Christofolos

You need to do both. But defense is harder so needs to be given priority.

And there's no use scoring a try, if you're going to be lazy and let in 2 straight after like we did in the Manly game. We'd have been better off with no tries, while holding Manly try less down their end of the field.

Defend when they are strong, attack when they are weak.

If we can't break their line, because their energy is too high, play the grind and dominate field position. If we can break their line, because their energy has momentarily weakened, move them from side to side until a gap appears, then give the ball to the player closest to that gap.

The Art Of Footy
Sigh More like the art of bullshit lol. On the plus side, your weather reports on match day are excellent. You know how the guy who does the weather on the tv news really wants to be the news reader, but somehow never quite makes it, poor guy
Sigh

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
jonno

jonno

But if you’re gonna try to sell me that it is easier to control what is going on when you don’t have the ball than it is when you do have the ball, I gotta tell you that you have an uphill battle on your hands lol. By sheer definition control of the game comes from what you do when you control the action, ie with the ball in hand. Defence is reactionary, as you have to react to what the other guys do. Defence also tires players out faster, so my thoughts are that the less of it you have to the better off you are later in the game.
I agree. Next game we'll have the ball the whole game.

We just wont give it to them.

Awesome idea bud.;)

Peace out.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Christofolos

Christofolos

I agree. Next game we'll have the ball the whole game.

We just wont give it to them.

Awesome idea bud.;)

Peace out.
Now you’re getting the idea lol
Probably not a bad idea seeing as we have the bunnies 🐰
Bet we’d still find a way to fuck it up
Anyway, moving on to the next games forum, i’m sure everyone here has had enough of me rabbiting on (see what I did there, middle name witty)
We’ll have ample opportunity to take the piss out of each other’s opinions there
BTW I do really enjoy your match day weather posts, my other comments can be put down to envy
Peace out ✌️ ( you have to have the emoji at the end too lol )

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

JaggedJ

Attack or defence - who gives a fuck. Do both well and you're in nearly every game.

Unfortunately for us we don't excel at either.

Reactions: 6 users
jonno

jonno

Now you’re getting the idea lol
Probably not a bad idea seeing as we have the bunnies 🐰
Bet we’d still find a way to fuck it up
Anyway, moving on to the next games forum, i’m sure everyone here has had enough of me rabbiting on (see what I did there, middle name witty)
We’ll have ample opportunity to take the piss out of each other’s opinions there
BTW I do really enjoy your match day weather posts, my other comments can be put down to envy
Peace out ✌ ( you have to have the emoji at the end too lol )
I'm not doing anything with my weather channel that anyone else can't do. All it takes is practice. 3 or 4 hours a day for 6 months, and you'll be right up there bud. You just gotta believe in yourself and do the hard yards. It's as simple as that.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Ok gang, for all of you that wonder why SK fills interviews with Uma, ahs, you knows, here is your answer. If you make a definitive statement then you run the risk of looking stupid if you say something stupid.

Wizards rage has just hilighted this point with his comments, nice work man

Lol just busting your chops bud, have read a lot of your posts and like what you have to say for the most part.

To follow through with your points, it probably doesn’t matter if you drop the ball every second set, because we will then be defending. Some people would be upset watching our guys do this, but they would be wrong, as this means we would be defending, and therefore in control of events. You are a cunning man, I like the cut of your jib lol. I vote that we replace Steve Kearney with you.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a true visionary here, if he offers you a glass of Kool Aid for gods sake don’t drink it

Wizards rage, no offence with the above, the short version is that I disagree with you but that’s cool, is what makes life fun ( alongside happy hour at the pub and $5 hookers ) Plus it’s a slow Monday morning and I just learnt how to write, so words excite me at the mo 🤠 I would have drawn pictures instead, but Inruin said that bastard Johno are all the crayons 🖍

Peace out ✌ gang, have a cool Monday
Wish we could do a poll... IF you are a crack defensive team I believe you can always keep the points against low. You can control the scoring

If your a crack attacking team the defence can still shut you down, your betting on the defence cracking which is out of you control.

And like I said above it’s a combination of both. Guess it’s the old unstoppable force vs immovable object type thing.

Respect you view but in my opinion every great team focuses on defence first (storm, all blacks, crusaders, etc).

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I don't know if its right or wrong but i do wonder if the natural flair and attacking skill is being coached out of some of our guys?
Not only that but have we let too much x factor go? (and I don't mean Johnson)
I am sure he is not coaching it out of them, absolutely sure of that. What he seems to be doing is controlling their exuberance somewhat. It was noticeable against the Titans how high the completion rate was 91%, this compares with 80% against the Bulldogs. So they didn't need to throw it around that much against the Titans, or the Bulldogs. The problem with this side is threefold, defence, confidence and forward leadership.

Uk Warriors fan

It's like the "milking" call from the refs, you seem to hear it a lot more when the Warriors have the ball. When it's the other way, like the Kata penalty, the guy can just flop to the ground without being pushed and get the call.
Or the Papalii penalty

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

We do have some dumb milkers in the team through: massive roll on, defensive line in tatters 3rd tackle... time for a low percentage milk attempt and slow ptb while the line resets.

If it annoys me the refs are probably conscious of it.

Swanley

Swanley

I don't think they were as bad as people are making out.

Titans were terrible...but we had improved over the last two performances.

Please with what Chanel Harris-Tavita offered and prefer him to AK.

Blair is close to becoming a liability....

Lawton needs to lay this week, he brings a life to the hooker role...

Reactions: 4 users
kavafred

kavafred

I am sure he is not coaching it out of them, absolutely sure of that. What he seems to be doing is controlling their exuberance somewhat. It was noticeable against the Titans how high the completion rate was 91%, this compares with 80% against the Bulldogs. So they didn't need to throw it around that much against the Titans, or the Bulldogs. The problem with this side is threefold, defence, confidence and forward leadership.
I think the problem is if you look through our team 1 - 17, how many game breakers do we actually have? I would say Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.......full stop. No one else in our 17 is going to carve up their opposites. Worse still is we have some really lazy defenders in the same 17 too. Fusitua maybe an offensive threat but he is being shackled this year with Kata inside him. I predict a long bad season ahead despite the 2 wins.

jonno

jonno

I think the problem is if you look through our team 1 - 17, how many game breakers do we actually have? I would say Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.......full stop. No one else in our 17 is going to carve up their opposites. Worse still is we have some really lazy defenders in the same 17 too. Fusitua maybe an offensive threat but he is being shackled this year with Kata inside him. I predict a long bad season ahead despite the 2 wins.
There's no point putting points on the board if you can't or wont defend them.

wrighty

I have been thinking about the win on the weekend in light of the reaction it got across the ditch.

The Titans as badly as they played really wanted to win. They were really motivated to not go 0-4 to start the season and they saw the lowly warriors as a great chance to break their duck. They had their play makers coming back from injury clouds and it was thunderbirds are go as far as they were concerned.

I know we all said "it was only the Titans". But the more I think about it the more credible the win appears in my mind.

Reactions: 1 users