Team List NRL 2019 Round 3 - Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

kos

Re Ligi Sao. I read a while back that he wants to go to UK Superleague. Can’t get a visa unless he has played a certain number of first grade games. He is not getting first grade picked so he is kaka.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Unpopular opinion; the Tigers are old and overrated... Except they converted their chances, played as a team, showed some hunger and got the rub of the green.

Unless we do the same, it's going to be the same result. Luke needs to be a completely new man within the 7 day turnaround.

Reactions: 9 users
Swanley

Swanley

Unpopular opinion; the Tigers are old and overrated... Except they converted their chances, played as a team, showed some hunger and got the rub of the green.

Unless we do the same, it's going to be the same result. Luke needs to be a completely new man within the 7 day turnaround.
yeah, I have a really bad felling about this week.

Manly like playing us and we are away.

We either need to improve or we are toast.

Reactions: 1 users
Weno

Weno

Mate to be perfectly honest , NRL head coaches I don't think can afford to play favourites.
Form dictates a lot , and maybe lisone adds more. Imo he has looked very good to start the year. Lots of size speed and aggression off the bench.
i myself are not a fan of the man,but he has been impressive offensively running straight ,hard and proving a bit of a handful to get down.

Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

It's actually a shame imho. Lisone wasn't the worst forward out there on Sunday. Blair had a shocker and Papalii and Burr both had 4 missed tackles in 25 minutes and 32 minutes respectively.

Reactions: 7 users

BippidyDooDah

I think the team will get flogged this week by Kearny on not giving penalties and completion rates. So we'll probably see a more conservative effort that cuts those things out.
As long as we do that we're in with a good chance to win.

Excited about the prospect of Bunty and Taupau running from the back fence at each other.

Reactions: 3 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
I actually thought live, and watching the replays live. That the Tigers player twisted his own head underneath into that position, it was his own fault.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Our whole team needs to play good .

An this weekend we could easily fall apart.
A lot of dramas in ChCh at the moment
An the warriors don't handle
Any drama at all well .
I wish they move this match somewhere else
I hope its only about footy this weekend .
#over it .

warriors4eva

atleast if Mooks isnt going to keep Lisone out of the side the Judiciary are helping us out

Where is Pulu ?? Big guy, good feet and an offload !!

Manly have been a bogey side except for last year in CHCH for aslong as i can remember.

Im still confident though we can get over the line in this one....just !

• Haha
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Manly are quite capable of smashing us off the park .Big forward pack ,Decent back line .
We have to turn up for this one .Because Marty Tapau will .He's a proud kiwi an dosn't get to play
In NZ much .An he can turn a game an lift those playing with him .
I'm dreading watching this game the words impending doom come to mind .sorry guys .

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Fazz

Fazz

Manly are quite capable of smashing us off the park .Big forward pack ,Decent back line .
We have to turn up for this one .Because Marty Tapau will .He's a proud kiwi an dosn't get to play
In NZ much .An he can turn a game an lift those playing with him .
I'm dreading watching this game the words impending doom come to mind .sorry guys .

Fonua Blake was monstrous in round one as well. It's got all the makings of an ambush.

Sup42

Sup42

The main worry for me is that Manly stood up last week.
They'll be so wound up.

I'd be happy if we stand up to them.

Reactions: 5 users

kos

Paasi and Pulu need to play in the team together at the same time.

Mooks you listening?

Pulu can run off Paasi -both are clever players and offer more than bash and barge.

They know each others game from their time together at the GC Titans.

Reactions: 6 users
Chats271

Chats271

The main worry for me is that Manly stood up last week.
They'll be so wound up.

I'd be happy if we stand up to them.

And they will be doing everything in thier power to not be owen - 3....... we really have to step up to the plate this week!!!!

Tragic

Tragic

Went to Silvertails forum, not much there but they are confident, think we are shit other than our back 3 and concerned about their own kicking game and field position - small sample size but thats my summary,

Reactions: 5 users
Christofolos

Christofolos

I think the team will get flogged this week by Kearny on not giving penalties and completion rates. So we'll probably see a more conservative effort that cuts those things out.
As long as we do that we're in with a good chance to win.

Excited about the prospect of Bunty and Taupau running from the back fence at each other.
Don’t disagree but unfortunately it seems to me that if our guys stay squeeky clean in play of the ball, 10 metres etc the opposite team always get a roll going momentum wise, and the refs still manage to find a way to ping us anyway, seemingly later in their offensive set, so while tidying these areas makes sense it can end up hurting is more, bit of a double edged sword. Mick Maguire adapted well in the third test against England just slowed their play of the ball down and let the refs ping us, got a player binned then the refs gave up on penalties - good tactics for one match but doubt it would fly over the course of the season (unless your club is based in Sydney or Melbourne lol)

jonno

jonno

Be humble, play dirty.

The Aussie refs respect that.

But if you do something obvious then you leave them no choice but to ping ya.

Stop telling yourself you're the man, and just go out there and be a player. It's not rocket surgery.

wrighty

Their front row is better than ours by a distance.

But we have better halves than them - oh wait?

She will be close nonetheless.

Home town advantage will be huge here. If the guys can stay close early so the crowd can stay in the game we will win as I am expecting the cantab crowd to be off the hook.

Raw Power

Raw Power

This is a home game for Manly and they will be visiting schools, hospitals etc in Christchurch chatting with the locals, and listening to them talk in the aftermath of the attacks two Fridays ago... and this will give an edge in building resilience and determination for the game on Saturday.

Yea expect an ambush... And with this in mind and the football Gods willing... We Should be Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.