Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rating

• Total voters
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Only 2 players without missed tackles for the game. Maumalo and Ah Mau. Horrendous levels of intensity throughout the match. Biggest disappointment for me was Tohu Harris. Expected more from him and in some cases he didnt even try to make tackles or his 6 missed tackles wouldve been higher. Blair cannot be carried and be an automatic starter in the team if we want to make the 8. Diabolical decision to grant him a 3 year contract.

Reactions: 8 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Dunno why people are piling on Burr. His numbers were alright.
Illusions of grandeur by people hyping up the quality of the team in the preseason. All of a sudden Burr was better than Mannering at his age. Tom Ale was the new Lauitiiti. Selestino was the new speed king. In reality much of the starting team would not make most NRL clubs starting side.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Let's put everyone back to the position where they did the business last year and let's not waste a spot on the bench "just in case" a back gets injured.

In the era of the 8 interchange bench it's not uncommon to have an underused spot. Just looking at the team lists from last week, Broncos, Dragons, Roosters, Titans all were in a similar situation. If Roache was fit or Lawton unsuspended I'd prefer either of them as the 4th spot, and a larger forward instead of Tevaga. Only a fan 3 forwards + Tevaga if one of the forwards is fast enough to cover centre as well which we don't really have at the moment.

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

What's wrong with the Warriors:

Line Speed on Defense.

PTB Speed and Support Runs on Offense.

Some of these guys should seriously take up either Golf or Darts.

So is this a technique thing with PTB speed? Are they being coached wrong: I'm thinking of the Rabbitohs fall into a tackle and crawl a metre forward and PTB.

Support running: should we be pulling in a winger/fullback for the first three tackles of each set? Oh that's right, they are doing the hitups...Oh Kearney! lol.

Reactions: 1 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Went down for this one, shocker.

Arrived late and half pissed, missed the first try.

Almost immediately apparent they weren’t up for it, you just had to watch the defensive lines, warriors, jog, jog, stop and wait. Manly jogging faster and don’t stop. It was hardly origin line speed, but it was better than what we had. Was over as soon as they hit the lead pretty much.

Crowd was funny, half had no idea what they were watching, “what was that for?, why aren't they tackling?” the other half knew exactly what they were watching “you’d think we’d stop doing this after 20+ years….”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Aman

Aman

We will never win a premiership because of the disadvantages we face as the only kiwi team in the comp. We all know how competitive this comp is and how much of a difference all the little things make. The closest thing to a modern day dynasty is the Storm and even they had to cheat to nap a few flags. This is a year to year comp and if you cant plan for the future. We had a good team last year and instead of building on it we completely destroyed it. I have horrible feeling the new owners are more interested in making money than making us "great again". letting Shaun Johnson and Lino go without any planning was a dead set shocker and worse when you consider that Green is a sidekick and not someone who can run the show so pairing him with a rookie half was always going to end bad. How the fuck are we suppose to be competitive when were $1 million under the cap!

Reactions: 4 users
Chats271

Chats271

What's wrong with the Warriors:

Line Speed on Defense.

PTB Speed and Support Runs on Offense.

Some of these guys should seriously take up either Golf or Darts.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was making lines breaks all game, only to look around for support and theres not one Warriors jersey in sight....... :banghead:
So frustrating to watch!!! Esp when you can see the effort Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is putting in. Imagine the frustration he's feeling. Poor guy

Reactions: 7 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

So is this a technique thing with PTB speed?

Warriors actually had the faster average play the ball speed in both of the last two games, so that's not the issue. It's more that even with the slower opposition PTB they're not getting back to marker in time - look how many of the tries in the last 2 weeks were due to poor/missing markers. And with Tevaga at dummy half any marker mistakes by the opposition are not being punished, I've never seen a DH have to plant the foot, look, then plant again before passing.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Warriors actually had the faster average play the ball speed in both of the last two games, so that's not the issue. It's more that even with the slower opposition PTB they're not getting back to marker in time - look how many of the tries in the last 2 weeks were due to poor/missing markers. And with Tevaga at dummy half any marker mistakes by the opposition are not being punished, I've never seen a DH have to plant the foot, look, then plant again before passing.
This used to be common for the warriors .
No one running onto the ball .
Havnt watched this game .But what you described used to
Be a regular occurrence.

Reactions: 1 user
RonNitroSwanson

RonNitroSwanson

If this sht continues expect Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his manager go to Warriors management and demand an early release from his contract. The one guy who looked like he gave a sht all game and troubled his opponents. That period early in the 2nd half when we had 6 set's of six looked like we had (and no disrespect to these whole hearted legends), Michael Luck and Wairangi Koopu in the halves.

At one stage I thought I slowed the speed down on Kayo sport not up to 1.5 or 2 x speed! Not sure if it was Jazz's service out of dummy half or what, but compared to plays run in pre season which was quick and well executed, it was all clunky as slow as. Wonder how much a difference Roache made in the 2nd trial game and against the Dogs. Luke looks like he is back to season 1 version, even allowing for his injuries.

Bring in Pulu, Satae, Sao and Lawton, minimum as the forwards lacked ZERO aggression and were made to look like park footballers at best! Maybe a stint playing in front of 150 people and a cattle dog in Western Sydney in the ISP might wake some of them the f*ck up!

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

We will never win a premiership because of the disadvantages we face as the only kiwi team in the comp.
I disagree. Being a Kiwi team didn't affect the Breakers.

And how do you explain the AB's? They win 90% of their games with probably the smallest population to draw from of any major Rugby nation. Being a Kiwi team is just fine IMO.

We will never win a premiership because of the entitled, lazy players we always sign up year after year.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

At least we're still ahead of the Titans in Sowards power rankings!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

That might be true. But I saw multiple occasions where our player was on his feet, and just moved real slow getting the ball back in play.

It's just so gutting to watch. I can't even imagine what it's like being that guy, being that pathetic in front of the whole footy world. Especially on a big day for Christchurch an all.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was making lines breaks all game, only to look around for support and theres not one Warriors jersey in sight....... :banghead:
So frustrating to watch!!! Esp when you can see the effort Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is putting in. Imagine the frustration he's feeling. Poor guy

Right on.

Same with Ah Mau who was consistently getting through the line and looking for support and nobody there. This team has no confidence and no urgency because of that. I say team because some players are trying, just look at Papaili's tackle count. All you need is a couple of players sulking and the disease spreads.

I haven't seen the individual players stats (Papaili's was in the paper) but Blair to me looked a waste of money. I heard somebody on Radio Sport this morning saying he was too small. He is not a small guy. Bully is not a small guy either, he just looks small because the rest of the pack are so big. I have heard that off the field Blair is a leader but I cannot see that on the field. Maybe it is not his fault. Maybe it was when he tried to make a charge nobody went with him.

Like I posted before in hindsight this was not a happy camp even before the game. They were polite, friendly and immensely likable. What I saw as intensity might just have been negativity because of something.

Was it seeing the mosques? That would affect anybody believe me. However this was their second shocker in a row. So that cannot be the main reason.

Was it playing away from home again? Maybe, but that didn't affect them last season.

What happened in their last game last season? It was a SHOCKER!!! So us optimists were expecting them to carry on from when they were winning, not allowing for the fact they might carry on from that shocker.

I will stick my neck out and say that when this group (as opposed to individuals) strikes it really tough right now they drop their lips and want to take the ball home. They started that against Melbourne last year. It will be individuals for sure, because Bunty Afoa in particular was charging into the line just as before.

SK will know that because Smith will be telling him. The trick is he has to have, and show, some confidence in the ISP team. CNK has shown what he can do in first grade, and rarely got a look in at this club.

Wholesale changes are needed. Players have to realise that 41 missed tackles and hanging back in support means being dropped, and of story. SK cannot drop the whole team, the Roman centurions only used to kill 1 in 10 of the deserters to send the message.

So two players from Saturday need to go to ISP, not the extended squad, ISP. They are out of there until further notice and can play there ways back in from park football.

Personally I would have Ayshford back in just because of his personal attitude, and Lawton or Roache. Contrary to many I believe Jazz put in on Saturday, he always does. I haven't seen his stats so I could be corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I saw multiple occasions where our player was on his feet, and just moved real slow getting the ball back in play.
They were no worse than Manly. It was a very fast game, have no doubt about that.

jonno

jonno

Right on.

Same with Ah Mau who was consistently getting through the line and looking for support and nobody there. This team has no confidence and no urgency because of that. I say team because some players are trying, just look at Papaili's tackle count. All you need is a couple of players sulking and the disease spreads.

I haven't seen the individual players stats (Papaili's was in the paper) but Blair to me looked a waste of money. I heard somebody on Radio Sport this morning saying he was too small. He is not a small guy. Bully is not a small guy either, he just looks small because the rest of the pack are so big. I have heard that off the field Blair is a leader but I cannot see that on the field. Maybe it is not his fault. Maybe it was when he tried to make a charge nobody went with him.

Like I posted before in hindsight this was not a happy camp even before the game. They were polite, friendly and immensely likable. What I saw as intensity might just have been negativity because of something.

Was it seeing the mosques? That would affect anybody believe me. However this was their second shocker in a row. So that cannot be the main reason.

Was it playing away from home again? Maybe, but that didn't affect them last season.

What happened in their last game last season? It was a SHOCKER!!! So us optimists were expecting them to carry on from when they were winning, not allowing for the fact they might carry on from that shocker.

I will stick my neck out and say that when this group (as opposed to individuals) strikes it really tough right now they drop their lips and want to take the ball home. They started that against Melbourne last year. It will be individuals for sure, because Bunty Afoa in particular was charging into the line just as before.

SK will know that because Smith will be telling him. The trick is he has to have, and show, some confidence in the ISP team. CNK has shown what he can do in first grade, and rarely got a look in at this club.

Wholesale changes are needed. Players have to realise that 41 missed tackles and hanging back in support means being dropped, and of story. SK cannot drop the whole team, the Roman centurions only used to kill 1 in 10 of the deserters to send the message.

So two players from Saturday need to go to ISP, not the extended squad, ISP. They are out of there until further notice and can play there was back in from park football.

Personally I would have Ayshford back in just because of his personal attitude, and Lawton or Roache. Contrary to many I believe Jazz put in on Saturday, he always does. I haven't seen his stats so I could be corrected.
I like this prescription.

Take the worst two players and put them on orange duties and have them cleaning toilets for a local Auckland team.

Make sure the rest of the team knows that the only way those two come back is when the next two worst slackers take their place. That way nobody will want to be the worst slacker and the culture will slowly shift.

And here's the kicker. Let the "members" vote the players off the island. That should boost club membership!!!

• Haha
Aman

Aman

I disagree. Being a Kiwi team didn't affect the Breakers.

And how do you explain the AB's? They win 90% of their games with probably the smallest population to draw from of any major Rugby nation. Being a Kiwi team is just fine IMO.

We will never win a premiership because of the entitled, lazy players we always sign up year after year.

Not true. Basketball is a far less physical sport where players are rotated regularly so the travel is not such a factor.

There is also a huge international pool of players to draw from not just the local talent.

I wont say anything about the All blacks 1 because they are the All blacks and 2 because they are the All blacks.

My point is that the NRL is so competitive that any sort of disadvantage can be the difference between top and bottom 8. We travel almost twice as much as any other team. We constantly struggle to be seen as a legitimate landing spot for high caliber talent let alone the ability to retain our own because face it why would you want to move to Auckland when you can land anywhere else.

We are fucking $1 million under the cap when every single other team has shown that the only way to win sometimes is by cheating and paying players in brown paper bags. you cant tell me the Roosters would be where they are simply if they had a good culture and work ethic

All of these things combined we are not a competitive club even before the cultural changes or all that shit gets sorted out.

Thats why i enjoyed watching the warriors because i knew they would let me down most of the time but at least entertain the shit out of me when they were firing. It just wasn't fair on them to expect it every single week knowing what we know. But now we are a fucking boring team who will play boring footy and disappoint us even more.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users