Team List NRL 2019 Round 23 -Sharks vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward passes do happen but they shouldn't decide the outcome of a match. Why not use the technology that was put forward only in try scoring situations and take the controversy out of it.
If I flick a coin and it keeps landing on the same side I want to have a real good look at that coin.
Did you think Blake Greens comments were out of line and and Mark Graham had any right putting that story out there?

You'll never take the controversy out of it as long as human error exists. TBH I have no problem if they wanted to use video refs for forward passes.

But again, that's something that might fix some areas, but still it has nothing to do with bias against us.

Green/Graham can say what they like. Doesn't make it true.

Besides the Mark Graham stuff was a different issue around race rather than Warriors bias.

Why were Greens comments out of line?
Why can't a former Kiwi great say what he wants?

I don't agree with the bias argument
I think victims in most cases set themselves up for victim hood.
By allowing themselves to be victims .By not standing up for themselves
Through lack of knowledge .
Refs are human an can be swayed manipulated an played like anyone else.
If Green wants to work the ref good on him.
Just a shame his technique is Ineffectual. Probably counterproductive.
Human behavior is a very simple science.
An a good leader can consistently get the best out of his own
Team an deal effectively with clients or Refs in this case .
I never said Greens comments or Mark Graham coming out about refs comments in the past were wrong in fact I totally agreed with both. The question mark that followed that sentence indicates it was a question asking what others thought. That Mark Graham story was about an unconscious bias that I think has always been there even prior to the Warriors conception. You must remember about upcoming tests in the past where a kiwi player finds themselves with a head scratching suspension or an Aussie is cleared to play when you thought a suspension was looming, origin can be similar.
It would be a shame if future captains are chosen for their knowledge of manipulating refs rather than their leadership.
The reference to clients indicates a league team is like a business,is that the case?

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like our performance at the start of the year is a great example of the implicit bias against us (and potentially other teams, I doubt we're the only ones). The refs pinged basically everything, left little room for interpretation. We ran over the competition including plenty of quality teams for the first third of the season before the media packed a sad and they went back to enforcing whatever they feel like at the time.

There's a massive difference between a 7 - 2 penalty count against the warriors, and a 7 - 7 penalty count. We get pinged either way.

Also saying the warriors fall apart on the back of bad calls is bullshit after the Eels game. That's what made it such a farce, the boys beat the eels several times over and the refs just shut it down multiple times.

You have an aussie like Green who has been in many teams saying we get hard done by. I feel like some people are just contrarions for the sake of it.

In saying all that, if we were better I think we'd also get the rub of the green more often. Up until very recently I felt like the ABs had massive positive ref bias because hey, if they win its not controversial, if they lose its a huge deal. Reverse is true for the warriors when playing most aus teams.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe I’m an idiot optimist, but seeing that lineup, and knowing the boys have been in camp this week in Sydney, I think we are well-primed to steal an upset

Reactions: 7 users
Maybe I’m an idiot optimist, but seeing that lineup, and knowing the boys have been in camp this week in Sydney, I think we are well-primed to steal an upset
Sizeable prize at the end of the night if we can take out this one, given last nights results for both Brisbane and Panthers. And additionally that would mean a cracker with significance to look forward to Friday night against da Wabbits to finish off a miserable home season. This on top of the Shaun Johnson challenge... nicely primed for a interesting spectacle.

Who's leading the whistle-blowing tho??

Sizeable prize at the end of the night if we can take out this one, given last nights results for both Brisbane and Panthers. And additionally that would mean a cracker with significance to look forward to Friday night against da Wabbits to finish off a miserable home season. This on top of the Shaun Johnson challenge... nicely primed for a interesting spectacle.

Who's leading the whistle-blowing tho??

We have Gerard Sutton which is fantastic for us. I think we have our highest win percentage under him.

The NRL has got a lot of work to do to make sure everything is fair to all teams and players across the board.
You are assuming the NRL wants an even playing field...

It’s blatantly obvious the favoured teams are strategically important in core markets and the no favoured teams are markets of lesser importance

Reactions: 1 users
You are assuming the NRL wants an even playing field...

It’s blatantly obvious the favoured teams are strategically important in core markets and the no favoured teams are markets of lesser importance

I would have thought that NZ would also be in a core market growth area.

I don't get how Melbourne are so favoured and the Warriors are not.

I would have thought that NZ would also be in a core market growth area.

I don't get how Melbourne are so favoured and the Warriors are not.
Melbourne is AFL territory, Eels have a brand spanking new stadium that they want a finals game played at plus they’re up against the twin threats of soccer and AFL in greater western Sydney. Nathan Brown’s 2 game suspension (when it should have been more) is further evidence of an agenda.

Easy solution is to introduce the captains call at NRL level. If people are concerned about it slowing the game further then completely do away with refs having discretion in what goes to the bunker - leave all reviews up to the players, 2 each at the start of the game (a team only loses a review if it gets it wrong, just like in cricket) and once they’re gone that’s it, bad luck if a call goes against you.

Reactions: 3 users
Melbourne is AFL territory, Eels have a brand spanking new stadium that they want a finals game played at plus they’re up against the twin threats of soccer and AFL in greater western Sydney. Nathan Brown’s 2 game suspension (when it should have been more) is further evidence of an agenda.

Easy solution is to introduce the captains call at NRL level. If people are concerned about it slowing the game further then completely do away with refs having discretion in what goes to the bunker - leave all reviews up to the players, 2 each at the start of the game and once they’re gone that’s it, bad luck if a call goes against you.

Surely they would like to capture more of the NZ market and get people interested in watching league instead of rugby. They won't do that if the Warriors are not performing well or have ref bias against us. People will just stop watching.

That solution is a great idea actually. Kind of like cricket with the 2 reviews per innings rule.

Refs can make their on-field call and the captain can challenge if they disagree. Maybe 2 reviews for each team per half.

Surely they would like to capture more of the NZ market and get people interested in watching league instead of rugby. They won't do that if the Warriors are not performing well or have ref bias against us. People will just stop watching.

That solution is a great idea actually. Kind of like cricket with the 2 reviews per innings rule.

Refs can make their on-field call and the captain can challenge if they disagree. Maybe 2 reviews for each team per half.
We’re a smaller market than Western Sydney and Melbourne and the competing product here, union, is already in decline. The Eels needed a good season and the NRL knew it.

We’re a smaller market than Western Sydney and Melbourne and the competing product here, union, is already in decline. The Eels needed a good season and the NRL knew it.

Even so I don't get how the referees are so affected by it.
Do they have a meeting and say "ok guys we really need the Eels to make the finals so make sure most of the 50/50 calls go their way. We don't care so much about the Warriors so give most of the 50/50 calls to the other team" I'm sure they don't do that but why the hell are some teams favored more than others with the referees.

Even so I don't get how the referees are so affected by it.
Do they have a meeting and say "ok guys we really need the Eels to make the finals so make sure most of the 50/50 calls go their way. We don't care so much about the Warriors so give most of the 50/50 calls to the other team" I'm sure they don't do that but why the hell are some teams favored more than others with the referees.
Who would know - perhaps we’re imagining it all, however feels like something is going on. Not that it changes too much - we’re not even close to being a contender this season regardless of any ref bias.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a big game today. Unfortunately due to family gathering I'll only be watching on delayed recording.

A win today is important. Two points, gives the Warriors a sniff of the top 8. A loss, and depending on results of Cowboys and Dragons it could be second to last on the ladder.

Hopefully Luke can lift which If he does would certainly tempt me into offering him a contract, like others I think he may be a better bet than So Api.

Status
Not open for further replies.