Team List NRL 2019 Round 23 -Sharks vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, agree 100%

I'm sick to death of the ref blaming for one. All clubs have that habit, but it's so bad with us on social media.

And whether they deny it or not, there's no doubt there are players who can't help themselves but listen to social media and look at what people are saying.

At what point does this victim mentality filter into the players so when bad calls go against us they just sulk and roll over.

How do we stop the next generation of Warriors doing it when it seems like the overriding theme of each loss involves boo hoo refs, Australian's will never let us win etc?

More than I see at any other club we always seem to be loaded up with excuses and willing to accept the the main reason we don't do better is because we don't "get a fair go".

That mentality needs to change across the board.
Yep minority victim mindset .
We have it in spades.
My favorite season was Clearies finals run
We had a shit roster
The refs would absolutely hammer us
But those boys would defend their line till the last .
An consistently .
It's just a shame we couldn't build on from there .

Reactions: 4 users
No doubt, agree 100%

I'm sick to death of the ref blaming for one. All clubs have that habit, but it's so bad with us on social media.

And whether they deny it or not, there's no doubt there are players who can't help themselves but listen to social media and look at what people are saying.

At what point does this victim mentality filter into the players so when bad calls go against us they just sulk and roll over.

How do we stop the next generation of Warriors doing it when it seems like the overriding theme of each loss involves boo hoo refs, Australian's will never let us win etc?

More than I see at any other club we always seem to be loaded up with excuses and willing to accept the the main reason we don't do better is because we don't "get a fair go".

While I do agree with all being said the officiating against the Warriors this year has been poor. Can understand they have a tough job but two games that are cost because of them is poor. Also games the Warriors won have had controversial decisions like two forward passes leading to tries for Cronulla.
A clear fair try to Ken Maumalo putting the ball down in the corner being disallowed after numerous looks by the bunker and that's just some that spring to mind. It happens to all teams but question to that degree. Annessley come out and said how it's weighed him down all the apologising for wrong calls. Not saying it's cost the club as there's no hiding behind the heavy losses but it's a concern.

Reactions: 5 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
No doubt, agree 100%

given the way they have been done over by the refs this year, do you really think they need to read social media to get a victim mentality? I am not a conspiracy theorist re the refs. I just happen to think there is some bias towards certain teams that are expected to win and that the calabre of refereeing has fallen with all the interpretation changes.

Your totally right this is something that the warriors have to overcome, both in attitude and in reality. The fact of the matter is while you dont want to hear how its the refs fault that they are not in the 8. I dont want to see the refs dudding them out of wins that would keep them in the 8. The warriors have enough things against them with recruitment and travel already without having to lead a game by more than 18 points to make sure that poor reffing doesnt affect the outcome. And yes there are other teams that go through this as well, but there are some privileged teams that dont seem to, and I will name the bunnies, sharks, broncos, storm and the roosters with no effort at all.

Honestly how shit must it feel to know that you would have won that game and that game if only the refs had been consistent with their calls. If only they had called what was in front of them rather than their expectation.

I have always been a friend of the ref in the past, they have the shittiest job in the comp. But no one has a gun to their head making them take the role. And the players have an expectation of playing in a fair competition, with quality adjudication.

So sorry that it upsets you to read people discussing it, it upsets us that we have to discuss it as well.

While I do agree with all being said the officiating against the Warriors this year has been poor. Can understand they have a tough job but two games that are cost because of them is poor. Also games the Warriors won have had controversial decisions like two forward passes leading to tries for Cronulla.
A clear fair try to Ken Maumalo putting the ball down in the corner being disallowed after numerous looks by the bunker and that's just some that spring to mind. It happens to all teams but question to that degree. Annessley come out and said how it's weighed him down all the apologising for wrong calls. Not saying it's cost the club as there's no hiding behind the heavy losses but it's a concern.
An what's been done about it?
Do you think Cam Smith an Bellamy would face this as in effectually
As the warriors have ?
We are weak

Reactions: 1 user

gREVUS

Contributor
As the warriors have ?
We are weak
interesting that you name one of the teams that benefits from the bias I named and a team that won a game against the warriors of an acknowledged dodgy try. Maybe the reason they dont have to be as ineffective as the warriors is because they have been benefiting from this.

As the warriors have ?
We are weak
Someone said they were going to walk off in protest against the eels. Can you imagine what the Aussie media and footy shows would have said against them. As it is they are already dismissing them as whinges. The wry smiles on their faces when it gets mentioned says it all.

interesting that you name one of the teams that benefits from the bias I named and a team that won a game against the warriors of an acknowledged dodgy try. Maybe the reason they dont have to be as ineffective as the warriors is because they have been benefiting from this.
Watch Cam Smith closely he uses the Socrates effect like a Grand Master .
It's not rocket science ..
But yeah warriors just go cry about it . Ineffectual .Impotent .Victims
Got it

Watch Cam Smith closely he uses the Socrates effect like a Grand Master .
It's not rocket science ..
But yeah warriors just go cry about it . Ineffectual .Impotent .Victims
Got it
Maybe Rogers not the right man to be approaching the refs. Ive watched him be told to stand up straight when addressing them like a naughty school pupil and when asking for clarifications on rulings like Cameron Smith asking about the rubbish on the face ruling and mocking the ref be told to simply go away

Reactions: 1 users
given the way they have been done over by the refs this year, do you really think they need to read social media to get a victim mentality? I am not a conspiracy theorist re the refs. I just happen to think there is some bias towards certain teams that are expected to win and that the calabre of refereeing has fallen with all the interpretation changes.

Your totally right this is something that the warriors have to overcome, both in attitude and in reality. The fact of the matter is while you dont want to hear how its the refs fault that they are not in the 8. I dont want to see the refs dudding them out of wins that would keep them in the 8. The warriors have enough things against them with recruitment and travel already without having to lead a game by more than 18 points to make sure that poor reffing doesnt affect the outcome. And yes there are other teams that go through this as well, but there are some privileged teams that dont seem to, and I will name the bunnies, sharks, broncos, storm and the roosters with no effort at all.

Honestly how shit must it feel to know that you would have won that game and that game if only the refs had been consistent with their calls. If only they had called what was in front of them rather than their expectation.

I have always been a friend of the ref in the past, they have the shittiest job in the comp. But no one has a gun to their head making them take the role. And the players have an expectation of playing in a fair competition, with quality adjudication.

So sorry that it upsets you to read people discussing it, it upsets us that we have to discuss it as well.

Doesn't upset me, just makes me roll my eyes which probably isn't good for them.

All I'm seeing in your post is excuses, and let's be honest both of us have our pov on this and we're not going to see eye to eye on it. That's fine, that's how it goes in forums and the tbh it's the way we like it.

However, when I read your post above it immediately reminds me of the chicken and egg debate. Nobody here seems to talk about the Panthers game, a game where we had enough leg ups to win two games and still butchered it. It seems to be conveniently forgotten when talking about how bad we get it from the refs. Again, nobody mentions the Newcastle game, a game that IMO we copped it worse than the Eels game, but we won that game so there's less angst about it.

So what's the real issue here? The fact we get bad calls, or the fact we shit the bed when we do get bad calls? Most of the examples people point out are the ones that directly lead to points. If we have a rough call and then defend it very few people would really care, and yet when we get a bad call and don't defend it suddenly it's match defining or we were robbed.

Could it be that the better teams, when they get bad calls, don't let it be match defining? Or maybe when those same teams get fortunate calls they ram home the advantage?

For every game you claim we were robbed I'm sure I could create a pretty clear argument for why we lost it on our own. If we were a better team maybe the opposition wouldn't be close enough to cost us the match.

Maybe that's why certain teams are always top 8 (well, that and financial advantages they get from TPAS/paper bags and manipulating the cap) while we continually circle the drain pointing out where we should be instead of making genuine progress to where we want to be.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Yep minority victim mindset .
We have it in spades.
My favorite season was Clearies finals run
We had a shit roster
The refs would absolutely hammer us
But those boys would defend their line till the last .
An consistently .
It's just a shame we couldn't build on from there .

Always found the ‘Cleary took a shit squad to the Grand Final’ thing a bit of a myth
Locke in his prime
Tupou ok a bit shit
Brown out of position but reasonably solid
Inu rocks and diamonds but gamebreaker
Vatuvei in his prime
Maloney in his prime
Johnson at arguably his best
Packer in his prime
Hohaia super sub and game changer
Lillyman in his prime
Taylor so so
Mannering in his prime
Luck in his prime

Heremia solid sub hooker
Rapira in his prime
Matulino in his prime
Mateo game breaker impact

Pretty well rounded team and better team than we have now

Reactions: 7 users

gREVUS

Contributor
Doesn't upset me, just makes me roll my eyes which probably isn't good for them.

All I'm seeing in your post is excuses, and let's be honest both of us have our pov on this and we're not going to see eye to eye on it. That's fine, that's how it goes in forums and the tbh it's the way we like it.

However, when I read your post above it immediately reminds me of the chicken and egg debate. Nobody here seems to talk about the Panthers game, a game where we had enough leg ups to win two games and still butchered it. It seems to be conveniently forgotten when talking about how bad we get it from the refs. Again, nobody mentions the Newcastle game, a game that IMO we copped it worse than the Eels game, but we won that game so there's less angst about it.

So what's the real issue here? The fact we get bad calls, or the fact we shit the bed when we do get bad calls? Most of the examples people point out are the ones that directly lead to points. If we have a rough call and then defend it very few people would really care, and yet when we get a bad call and don't defend it suddenly it's match defining or we were robbed.

Could it be that the better teams, when they get bad calls, don't let it be match defining? Or maybe when those same teams get fortunate calls they ram home the advantage?

For every game you claim we were robbed I'm sure I could create a pretty clear argument for why we lost it on our own. If we were a better team maybe the opposition wouldn't be close enough to cost us the match.

Maybe that's why certain teams are always top 8 (well, that and financial advantages they get from TPAS/paper bags and manipulating the cap) while we continually circle the drain pointing out where we should be instead of making genuine progress to where we want to be.
your right there have been games where the warriors have gotten the rub of the green. And games where they havent. The storm game i was unhappy with but I could accept it happens. The broncos game was a bit dodgy, really it was only slightly obvious that there was a bias and again I could accept it. But that Sharks game. That was unacceptable. That makes you look back and ask yourself just what the fuck is going on. All the appologies from Head Office. They make you ask just what the fuck is going on.

So what is the real issue here? Should the Warriors have to put 12 or more points on a team, just to stop bad reffing overturning it? Should every team that plays the sharks have to do the same? Should any team that comes up against the bunnies be prepared to have a player knocked out by a dirty player? So you tell me because your examples are valid, but so are mine. Do you want a biased comp. Or are you just prepared to sit back and accept the warriors have to do more than some other teams to win games?

Reactions: 3 users

That panthers game was Brent Nadens first game I think and he carved up, often the case if they are good enough they take their opportunities.
People remember the bad calls that lead to points because the game is won and lost on points. Also constant penalties or even bad calls in areas to put teams under pressure will eventually turn to points.
That Canberra game the first try could have gone to the bunker as a hand was floating around under the ball. May have been a try but if you've got the bunker why not use it(they do for any try the Warriors score) but after that happened they seemed to just give in in the first half although an early injury to Nikorima meant a reshuffle. That came a week after the eels game where they were robbed. When they are getting calls against them would love to see that aggression being taken out on the opposition instead of going into a shell.
You could create an argument for most calls in the nrl at the moment, the calls are so contentious but there are always going close games as the comp is pretty even so the calls matter.
Seems to be about 5 teams cosistantly in the mix each year in the past few years and the last 3 spots a rotation of the rest of the teams

your right there have been games where the warriors have gotten the rub of the green. And games where they havent. The storm game i was unhappy with but I could accept it happens. The broncos game was a bit dodgy, really it was only slightly obvious that there was a bias and again I could accept it. But that Sharks game. That was unacceptable. That makes you look back and ask yourself just what the fuck is going on. All the appologies from Head Office. They make you ask just what the fuck is going on.

So what is the real issue here? Should the Warriors have to put 12 or more points on a team, just to stop bad reffing overturning it? Should every team that plays the sharks have to do the same? Should any team that comes up against the bunnies be prepared to have a player knocked out by a dirty player? So you tell me because your examples are valid, but so are mine. Do you want a biased comp. Or are you just prepared to sit back and accept the warriors have to do more than some other teams to win games?

No, I just don't have any interest in playing victim or going on and on about bias that doesn't exist.

Bad calls happen to every team, bad teams let it determine a result. At some point every team has to deal with a 6-12 point turnaround from bad calls.

We are where we are because we're an ordinary team.

We don't have to do more than other teams, starting with the basics of defence and attack would be more than enough to secure us more wins. Shame we aren't capable of that.

Reactions: 2 users
That panthers game was Brent Nadens first game I think and he carved up, often the case if they are good enough they take their opportunities.
People remember the bad calls that lead to points because the game is won and lost on points. Also constant penalties or even bad calls in areas to put teams under pressure will eventually turn to points.
That Canberra game the first try could have gone to the bunker as a hand was floating around under the ball. May have been a try but if you've got the bunker why not use it(they do for any try the Warriors score) but after that happened they seemed to just give in in the first half although an early injury to Nikorima meant a reshuffle. That came a week after the eels game where they were robbed. When they are getting calls against them would love to see that aggression being taken out on the opposition instead of going into a shell.
You could create an argument for most calls in the nrl at the moment, the calls are so contentious but there are always going close games as the comp is pretty even so the calls matter.
Seems to be about 5 teams cosistantly in the mix each year in the past few years and the last 3 spots a rotation of the rest of the teams

There was no need to go to the Bunker for the Raiders first try. It was clear.

Going to the Bunker for every Warriors try is a myth. They overuse the Bunker for everyone, not just us.

Agree there are a lot of contentious calls, that's the nature of a high speed collision sport.

No, I just don't have any interest in playing victim or going on and on about bias that doesn't exist.
The obvious loss of NZ viewers won't be helping him with his suit bosses either.
Sorry JaggeeJ. The court of public opinion disagrees with you. 15% drop in views in NZ

Always found the ‘Cleary took a shit squad to the Grand Final’ thing a bit of a myth
Locke in his prime
Tupou ok a bit shit
Brown out of position but reasonably solid
Inu rocks and diamonds but gamebreaker
Vatuvei in his prime
Maloney in his prime
Johnson at arguably his best
Packer in his prime
Hohaia super sub and game changer
Lillyman in his prime
Taylor so so
Mannering in his prime
Luck in his prime

Heremia solid sub hooker
Rapira in his prime
Matulino in his prime
Mateo game breaker impact

Pretty well rounded team and better team than we have now
Shaun Johnson was a rookie
Mateo couldn't tackle
Taylor an Mannering had to play in the centers at times
Locke was golden il give you that
All in all it was a ragtag bunch
What made them good was the teams mental state
So yeah in their prime as you put it
If our team right now had their mindset they would be
Increasing their worth as players aswell. An we would be
Talking about what a great team we have .

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Sorry JaggeeJ. The court of public opinion disagrees with you. 15% drop in views in NZ

What were the figures in 2017? Need to know how much of that drop was results driven.

Not even sure how that would disagree with me. All I've said is that we're the worst club/fanbase for playing the victim. Wouldn't a large drop in sooky viewers do more to back me up on that than disprove me?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.