Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
No they aren't. Source?
Seems odd since no one seemed to doubt the Warriors contract was higher than his one at the Broncos.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Apparently Broncos are picking up some of the tab on Kodi. News to me. We need to persist with Green and CHT purely becauze Green can teach him more while his game is still developing. Kodi needs to man up and take one for the team and start at hooker.
Good if they are, possible I guess Seibold wanted rid of him didn't he?
Or is this possibly getting confused with Broncos paying him for half this season I.e games when he was playing for them?

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
$9.50 tickets to the Rabbits game

Good value.

Reaction score
france

france

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Not having a go at Ken who's been superb but when was the last time he scored a try where he had to beat his man or didn't simply catch and put down the ball? I can remember 4-5 trys he's blown because of a lack of speed and skill. Surely we can move him to edge back row next year he would be a monster there.
yep...at this point in time he'll make a deadly backrower..pretty good pace..strong & willing to listen & learn..which is why he's improved over the last year or so

Reaction score
ja_weez

ja_weez

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
yep...at this point in time he'll make a deadly backrower..pretty good pace..strong & willing to listen & learn..which is why he's improved over the last year or so
I'm not sure moving players to different positions (winger to forward) is a good idea. A few reasons in Ken's case.
1. He's pretty much the top try scorer in the NRL at wing, why change a good thing? His physicality is a point of difference at the position
2. He's 25 and while I know he player some juniors in the pack, he's not played one first grade game in the forwards. That could be a steep learning curve. Would the change with positioning, role and physical requirements be easy to pick up?
3. We signed him to a long term deal last season. We need to get value out of our contracts. How long would it take for this experiment to work and provide value for money?

If it works it could be genius but I wouldn't change it while he's leading the comp in tries....

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
not bad SK... just hope its not a one game thing. Kodi needs to be our long term hooker.
Was it actually a solid report of him only wanting to be a half or just a rumour? As long as he is a starter you'd think he would be happy.

I just hope he doesn't cop a long term injury rushing back and rolling the dice with making the 8.

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not wanting to step on jonno jonno toes but forecast is sunny and 22 degrees, it’s barely rained in Sydney this ‘winter’
Ahh thank f#*k the weather's also 'rigged' over there!!

Us sneaking another unlikely victory, this time on a 'fast dry track' is the LAST thing they'll be expecting?;)

Reaction score
ja_weez

ja_weez

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
not bad SK... just hope its not a one game thing. Kodi needs to be our long term hooker.
I'm not sure if Kodi would handle the defensive load of being a starting hooker. He's been shown up a few times this year with his tackling. Not sure how he went before coming to us

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Kodi would handle the defensive load of being a starting hooker. He's been shown up a few times this year with his tackling. Not sure how he went before coming to us
More likey he'll play an impact hooker like Segeyaro for the broncs with some tiring forwards to dart around

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

All the signs point to a bad signing. We had AK and CHT but because of the pressure to build on last seasons "success" we went out and bought bought Kodi and now are stuck with a guy who thinks he's a half but never proven himself plus a major liability defensively. Good work Wooorrioers

Reaction score

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
All the signs point to a bad signing. We had AK and CHT but because of the pressure to build on last seasons "success" we went out and bought bought Kodi and now are stuck with a guy who thinks he's a half but never proven himself plus a major liability defensively. Good work Wooorrioers
Completely disagree. Next year we have three first grade halves competing for spots and let’s face it, Green will get injured. Then Green retires and we can decide next step.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Not having a go at Ken who's been superb but when was the last time he scored a try where he had to beat his man or didn't simply catch and put down the ball? I can remember 4-5 trys he's blown because of a lack of speed and skill. Surely we can move him to edge back row next year he would be a monster there.
I don't think either Ken or Fus are classical wingers. They both lack speed over distance but are second to none in getting moving when the line is in sight and getting through traffic. They are also very good under the high ball. In comparison Manu had speed over distance as well, especially for such a big man. Manu is a once in a generation player IMO.

It seems the club has gone for these two as extra forwards. Personally I don't like this because real team men like CNK, who could play on the wing, and at the same time exhibit his work rate compared to Fusitua would be of value. Just my opinion though, I am not the coach.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not sure moving players to different positions (winger to forward) is a good idea. A few reasons in Ken's case.
1. He's pretty much the top try scorer in the NRL at wing, why change a good thing? His physicality is a point of difference at the position
2. He's 25 and while I know he player some juniors in the pack, he's not played one first grade game in the forwards. That could be a steep learning curve. Would the change with positioning, role and physical requirements be easy to pick up?
3. We signed him to a long term deal last season. We need to get value out of our contracts. How long would it take for this experiment to work and provide value for money?

If it works it could be genius but I wouldn't change it while he's leading the comp in tries....
This post is eminently sensible. Agree 500% hope this ends talk of him moving to the second row. Also nodded my head with you that Nikorima can't be a starting hooker due to the defensive demands of the position, at least at this stage.
My view, as stated before, on Niko is that he needs to develop:

1) a kicking game or he should spend his time in ISP until he learns one. When he plays half a huge amount of traffic piles on Green when it is time to kick for field position.
2) Defence. I have known a number of small cunts in my life who were little terriers when it came to tackling at least at club rugby level fwiw.

If SK could develop Ken into the beast he is today from the mess he was 3 years ago, then maybe Niko can be a project player. In the short term I agree he would be great off the bench or as a utility/back up. Pretty pricey for that role though. Mind you we are only all thinking these thoughts because CHT is shining, take CHT away and we would be satisfied with Kodi just as he is.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Damn storm getting destroyed in the media lately. Didn't know where to post sorry admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom