Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Citygirl

Citygirl

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched the AK aftermatch interview, think he was "stoked" about 14 times over. Hopefully he keeps his head down, and continues to work hard. Sure with Green mentoring him, he'll keep him in check.
Can we refrain from calling him AK** and just call him AK please

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
People seem to misunderstand the use of the Bench, often a player will go from starter to the Bench for tactical reasons. It is not getting dropped. It is a 17 man squad, they all want to start but it is what is best for the team.

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This is a Warriors fan forum, and we appreciate that from the events on Friday, it has a dramatic impact on everyone, if we have to be a bit careful about our choice of word phrases so be it, but we are all fans and care.

Reaction score
ryno

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m keen to get Luke back, he was near our best player last year and he can help with his kicking game as well.

Really interested to see the bench Kearney goes with as well if Bully is selected.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Can we refrain from calling him AK** and just call him AK please
I have some close friends who are Panthers fans and they used the nickname AK-** last year because of his goal kicking ability/accuracy during his time playing ISP for the Panthers. They were sad to lose him and that's when they told me about the nickname. When it started to be used on here, I assumed others may have been aware of it.

But, after Taj requested that it not be used, I'm more than happy not too as it has upset people.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I hope Luke will sit out another week. No need to rush him back. Papa to take Ayshfords spot on the bench. I also don't see the hype around Burr?(Yet) He did alright. Lisones impact off the bench would be more valuable than Burr at this present time. Plus, I don't see Kearney investing all this time in Lisone. To drop him back to reggie's.
As for Aysh, i feel for him. But Harris can cover the backs if need be. Hes played 6 & centers for storm before.

I'd also like to see the bench rotation changed every now & then to keep players on their toes.
Find the right balance on the bench.

Round 2
Paasi
Roache
Afoa
Harris
Blair
Burr

Ah Mau
Papalii
Lisone
Tevaga

Round 3

Paasi
Roache
Afoa
Harris
Blair
Papalii

Ah Mau
Sao /Lisone
Tevaga/Burr
Luke

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I hope Luke will sit out another week. No need to rush him back. Papa to take Ayshfords spot on the bench. I also don't see the hype around Burr?(Yet) He did alright. Lisones impact off the bench would be more valuable than Burr at this present time. Plus, I don't see Kearney investing all this time in Lisone. To drop him back to reggie's.
As for Aysh, i feel for him. But Harris can cover the backs if need be. Hes played 6 & centers for storm before.

I'd also like to see the bench rotation changed every now & then to keep players on their toes.
Find the right balance on the bench.

Round 2
Paasi
Roache
Afoa
Harris
Blair
Burr

Ah Mau
Papalii
Lisone
Tevaga

Round 3

Paasi
Roache
Afoa
Harris
Blair
Papalii

Ah Mau
Sao /Lisone
Tevaga/Burr
Luke
I'm with you on your comment about rotation. If they are almost the same capabilities by position, is it so radical if the squad was rotated to offset later fatigue/minor niggles, as the season progresses, 3 week cycle, play 2 weeks, and 1 to lower grade or rest. We do have 30 players... of which probably 23-24 are FG capable.
How much of a luxury might that be... and helps keep a degree of freshness.

Reaction score

Qlder

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Some experienced campaigners in this Tigers squad.... home ground advantage, Farah showing some form, some old-boy Warriors wanting to get one over the current squad, Maguire the Kiwis Coach... yeah, nah.....

1 Corey Thompson

2 Mahe Fonua

3 Paul Momirovski

4 Esan Marsters

5 Robert Jennings

6 Benji Marshall

7 Luke Brooks

8 Ben Matulino

9 Robbie Farah

10 Alex Twal

11 Ryan Matterson

12 Luke Garner

13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange

14 Russell Packer

15 Thomas Mikaele

16 Josh Aloiai

17 Michael Chee-Kam

Reserves

18 Moses Mbye

19 Josh Reynolds

20 Matthew Eisenhuth

21 Chris McQueen

Reaction score
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
same team for mine. Maybe Bully to the bench but would be prepared to give him another week. If we demolish the Tigers, long may this side continue until we are forced to make changes.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
18 Moses Mbye

19 Josh Reynolds

20 Matthew Eisenhuth

21 Chris McQueen

Is an expensive set of reserves for ISP. Especially for a team with cap penalties. Are the Doggies still paying for Mbye?

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I have some close friends who are Panthers fans and they used the nickname AK-** last year because of his goal kicking ability/accuracy during his time playing ISP for the Panthers. They were sad to lose him and that's when they told me about the nickname. When it started to be used on here, I assumed others may have been aware of it.

But, after Taj requested that it not be used, I'm more than happy not too as it has upset people.
Players seem to refer to him as ‘Kegs’.... that sounds ideal! 🍺

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Really don't want to see Roache, Luke and Jazz all named in the team.We'd be giving up too much power

Ashy would be the lightest extra body.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Really don't want to see Roache, Luke and Jazz all named in the team.We'd be giving up too much power

Ashy would be the lightest extra body.
We do have a 80 minute backorder so it you treat jazz as backrower/lock cover and then 2 props with roache you are good to rill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom