Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reaction score

NZWF Official thread for the 2019 Round 2 Warriors team list and discussion...

Isaiah Papalii and Issac Luke are in line to make their first NRL appearances of the year for the Vodafone Warriors after being named on an extended bench for Sunday’s clash with the Tigers in Sydney.

WESTS TIGERS v VODAFONE WARRIORS
8.10pm, Sunday, March 24, 2019
Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Adam Keighran
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Nathaniel Roache
10 Bunty Afoa
11 Adam Blair
12 Tohu Harris
13 Lachlan Burr

Interchange:
14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Sam Lisone
16 Leeson Ah Mau
17 Isaiah Papalii
18 Gerard Beale
20 Chanel Harris-Tavita
22 Issac Luke
23 Ligi Sao

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wonder if Papali'i waltzes back into the starting side? You'd have to think keeping Burr starting and Papa have to work his way back from the bench or even reserve grade would fit Kearney's culture better.

Reaction score
RonNitroSwanson

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I'd slot Papali'i straight into the No.13. Burr did well albeit against a pop gun pack. Put things into perspective the Dogs release Woods & Klemmer, keep Tolman and sign Napa. I'd suggest stats would show the starting Dogs props average running metres per game combined wouldn't match either of Woods or Klemmer's individually. Bunty would have the pair's combined average covered most weeks.

Leaving Rhys Martin in ISP is an even dumber decision. Pretty sure the pack went well final 8 weeks last season with his running metres, support play, off loads and goal kicking. The Tigers pack will be a different kettle of fish and Burr was holding on for dear life against the Storm pack and at time big Alex Twal in the trial games. Burr to the bench Lisone or Ayshford to ISP. If Bully comes in as well both to ISP.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Papalii should be straight back in. Burr is the work in progress and he'll get his chances, Papalii is the machine that you are just fine tuning and putting the final coat of wax on before you take him down to the strip to blow people away.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if Papali'i waltzes back into the starting side? You'd have to think keeping Burr starting and Papa have to work his way back from the bench or even reserve grade would fit Kearney's culture better.
I’m thinking the same- would help send the message not to take your spot in the team for granted, give another player a sniff and they might just take it from you...

Reaction score

Qlder

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Hate this attitude. Just because we won well doesn't mean we can't improve our team by making changes.
This sets a poor precedence for the team. Based on that philosophy, it means that the better players in the team can try to get away with misdemeanors and then expect to waltz straight back into the squad. I don't mind if they're coming back from injury, but if they been dropped for disciplinary reasons, then absolutely not.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This sets a poor precedence for the team. Based on that philosophy, it means that the better players in the team can try to get away with misdemeanors and then expect to waltz straight back into the squad. I don't mind if they're coming back from injury, but if they been dropped for disciplinary reasons, then absolutely not.
When he is better than Burr and Blake then yes. Sure he messed up (minor) but the punishment is served and he has learnt his lesson.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bring Papa back. No way a untested journeyman takes away the spot of a Warriors prodigy who's done everything right up till now and is getting punished because of what seems like a technicality of sorts from all accounts. Its like getting done for moving your car from the road into your garage. Just unlucky and doesn't make him a bad kid. Hes done nothing wrong in his development to be on the outer to Burr. Burr is the one who needs to prove his game not Papa.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not changing a team lineup because they won the week before is some ignoramus logic.

It's like insisting the players put their socks on in the same order because that's what worked out last week.

You have to field the team each week which gives you the best chance of victory.

A player can come back in after being injured or suspended or you may even want to change your lineup because of who you're coming up against.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
How's getting shit-faced and failing a breath test a "Technicality"? Lucky boy he got tested where he did.

If he'd gotten into his car we might not be having to choose between Burr and Papali'i because he's out for the season recovering from a car accident that happened while he was under the infuence/out for forever because he's in a wheelchair?

That said, it sounded as if the 1 week stand-down was Isaiah's full and final punishment - add a bit of public shaming to that - and if he's "ticked all the boxes", why shouldn't he be in the 17?

Since Luke had no time in the two trials, I'd start him on the bench.

Reaction score
RonNitroSwanson

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Like Greg Inglis? Isiah was stood down for something, in terms of NRL scandals was extremely minor. I'm not condoning it but the club made the call that the team comes first over having our best available squad on the paddock for Round 1.

He sat out, now he is available and it's fair to say the Tigers won't roll over like the Chihuahua's did last Saturday afternoon.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Couldn't give two shits what Isaiah Papali'i did now. He has served his punishment. He now starts with a clean slate. Should Stephen Kearney decide he is a better chance at winning this game with Papali'i included than bring it on...

Reaction score
Vancent

Vancent

😔
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d return the majority of last week, save for:
Luke at 9
Roache to 14
Papali’i to 17 (on for Burr)

Ayshford and Lisone drop off

Bench then consists of Roache / Tevaga / Ah Mau / Papali’i

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm little surprised that people want Ayshford and Lisone gone I get the space issue with Roache, if Luke is ready. But to expect Burr with 1 game under his belt to be ahead of Ayshford? Yea i dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom