General NRL 2019 Round 2 - General Discussion

Shaun Johnson nice pass for first try but not sure why they are going on about that one, all he did was pass to Dugan and Tits didnt man up
The game is built on heroes. If you draw crowds ergo make the NRL a lot of money, you are above everyone else and only need to be in the passing chain and get credit for the whole thing.

Reactions: 3 users
Watching Ponga go round reminds of how Aussie have reversed their fortunes against us. The top players aren't choosing us like they used to. No promising superstars on the horizon. Hasn't been like that for many years.

Just seen the number of captains the Panthers have named. It looks like a Oprah episode: You get a captaincy, you get a captaincy, everybody gets a captaincy!
I worked at a company like that. One department everyone had a job title with Director of xxx. Another department every time someone left the office was shuffled around so someone would get a window seat. All I suspect to make people feel important instead of another bonus or pay increase.

The CEO that was there when I started left and was replaced by a committee for a while.

This Kalyn Ponga move pay huge dividends long term but at the moment its looking like hard work. Ok that was a bad defensive read and lots of people make them. But when they have the ball he's only really getting the ball to shuffle on to someone. A few times it looks like they have a good attacking opportunity and he is either doubling around or trying to get into support but they can't get him the ball.

Reactions: 2 users
Teams expecting an easy game against Newcastle are going to get a similar shock to the one we dished up to teams last year.

Come on Newy knock these inbreds off.

Reactions: 1 users
Knights have correctly had two tries disallowed by the video ref.
That aside however after receiving a few early justified penalties the on field referees have given them nothing and penalised them for nothing. James Maloney had three first half penalties against him. Two careless high shots and a hold down in the tackle that killed momentum. He should have been binned after the second high shot and def after the professional foul.

Reactions: 4 users
That aside however after receiving a few early justified penalties the on field referees have given them nothing and penalised them for nothing. James Maloney had three first half penalties against him. Two careless high shots and a hold down in the tackle that killed momentum. He should have been binned after the second high shot and def after the professional foul.
Yeah. Blatant. But he's a GF winner so he's untouchable.

On another note, loved Connor Watson's save of the 40/20. Exciting footy. You don't often see a risky move like that these days. He did well. Pity Lee crashed into him. I wanted to see if he could get out of in goal. Would have been amazing.

I think there's too much pressure on Ponga to create miracles. He's in danger of becoming Shaun Johnson.

And then he stops that try from being scored

Reactions: 1 users
I am a fan of Ponga and Im proud he is Moari which I am..... but Im still waiting for him to have a Shaun Johnson moment? going by the commentators he has one everytime he touches the ball

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
There is no creativity in this Knights team. They are one gamebreaker away from being a very good side

Brown needs to call time on the Ponga at 6

Reactions: 6 users
I am a fan of Ponga and Im proud he is Moari which I am..... but Im still waiting for him to have a Shaun Johnson moment? going by the commentators he has one everytime he touches the ball
I feel for him. But I think it win't take long for him to shine. Might take a month or two. But ideally a new half should have experienced players showing the way. Not him having all the responsibility. That killed Shaun Johnson IMO.

Maloney was a grubb. He should not have been on the field to make those great plays. Like Billy Slater kneeing outstretched would-be try scorers in the head.

I'm trying to think of the game last week where the player should have been sinbinned then ran away and scored the winning try. I think it was Edrick Lee?

bruce

Contributor
Looks like if we win tomorrow we will still be number one above either Melbourne or maybe the Rorters. The word from in the camp is our side is very good but they need to prove that tomorrow. I just cannot believe all that win last week was due to the Dogs being bad. They were not allowed to be good, that is different to being bad.

Reactions: 6 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
If you like to fall asleep fast just watch this heaps of shit of a game Cronulla vs Titans. Jesus it’s like watching Union!!
I did, I fell asleep somewhere before the end of the first half and woke about 30 mins left.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users