• C

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • F-

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
bruce

bruce

Contributor
and to think the Kiwis playing came out of local comps. Amateur in remuneration but professional in attitude
Fred Ah Khoi who set James Leulai for that try was a professional thinker as a 16 year old. Hard mental attiude as well, very tough.

Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Pissed off with NRL 360 last night... They gave Ken Maumalo player of the week, and fair enough... 240 metres and 2 tries, but failed to mentioned anything at all about the Video Ref 3rd NO TRY Howler!

They only mentioned not stopping the game for an injured Hiku of which they agreed with the refs anyway (of which I sort of agree with their reasoning)
I missed it. What was their logic, because as I see it the trainer cant get to his man while play is directly in front of him. As a first responder I know seconds count. Delaying anyone in that situation was really dangerous.

Raw Power

Raw Power

I missed it. What was their logic, because as I see it the trainer cant get to his man while play is directly in front of him. As a first responder I know seconds count. Delaying anyone in that situation was really dangerous.
It was to stop teams rorting the rule.... deliberately stopping play when under pressure! and feigning injury.

Reactions: 3 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

It was to stop teams rorting the rule.... deliberately stopping play when under pressure! and feigning injury.
Simple bloody fix to players feigning being knocked out.... they are required to go off for an HIA test and will be off for 15 minutes, and if they have pretended to be knocked out, they fail the HIA test in the same way that they do now if they are knocked out...

Reactions: 1 user
jsmooove

jsmooove

badger and his wife just released a podcast explaining a bunch of stuff. they talked about the hiku incident. in a nut shell

*play was continued due to where it happened on the field, time of the game and it being so close.
* hiku wasnt directly in the play the ball area so play was continued
*Badger had an inkling he may of been concussed but thought it may of also been a burner
*asked the refs coach in the box to monitor him
*said newcastle would of been blowing up if they stopped play
* said hiku wasnt knocked out cold on the ground moving other wise play would be stopped. talked about him being on his haunches nad moving around. By the time the try was scored hiku was up on his feet.
*they go through what they look for in a tackle, didnt notice where his head was in relation to the tackle

• Haha
davewjnz

davewjnz

badger and his wife just released a podcast explaining a bunch of stuff. they talked about the hiku incident. in a nut shell

*play was continued due to where it happened on the field, time of the game and it being so close.
* hiku wasnt directly in the play the ball area so play was continued

*Badger had an inkling he may of been concussed but thought it may of also been a burner
*asked the refs coach in the box to monitor him
*said newcastle would of been blowing up if they stopped play
* said hiku wasnt knocked out cold on the ground moving other wise play would be stopped. talked about him being on his haunches nad moving around. By the time the try was scored hiku was up on his feet.
*they go through what they look for in a tackle, didnt notice where his head was in relation to the tackle

Sounds like Badger defending himself after having time to access the situation, which is to be expected.
If you look at when Hiku got hurt he was laying on the ground obvious he'd knocked his head, just behind to where they played the ball for that tackle!
Ref should have stopped play there and then at THAT play the ball even though he wasn't directly in the play the ball area.
It was plain & obvious he'd knocked his head enough to lay him out.
Badger knew he was concussed alright, Hiku only started moving AFTER they had played the ball.
By then it was too late Newcastle scores on that play.
LOL @ "Newcastle would of been blowing up if they stopped play" sounds more like what was going through his head at that moment.
Out of all the ref fuck ups during that game Badger knows this one would be the one serious enough to get his ass in trouble.

Anyway, lets move on....

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
OMG

OMG

Hiku should have stayed down, play would have been stopped if he had, imagine someone pretended to be hia every tackle, the game would take 3hrs to play.

Reactions: 3 users
FuNQie

FuNQie

Betcha can’t guess which ref the Knights do best with? OK, you’re right. It is...

...Gavin Badger!

Thanks to whoever it was who posted the link to the article/survey recently. Wellington Warrior, was that you?

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
It worries me that he was more concerned with how he thought Newcastle would react than player saftey

Reactions: 5 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Simple bloody fix to players feigning being knocked out.... they are required to go off for an HIA test and will be off for 15 minutes, and if they have pretended to be knocked out, they fail the HIA test in the same way that they do now if they are knocked out...

Teams would just cheat it to get free interchanges (probably already do) in the current climate it’d be extremely hard to accuse and punish someone for “faking” a concussion concern

jsmooove

jsmooove

His wife needs to go to specsavers...she is a shocker
i agree. Shes actually pretty damn terrible. If they need a poster child for females in the game they need to use the blonde touch judge. she seems pretty good at her job

Sounds like Badger defending himself after having time to access the situation, which is to be expected.
If you look at when Hiku got hurt he was laying on the ground obvious he'd knocked his head, just behind to where they played the ball for that tackle!
Ref should have stopped play there and then at THAT play the ball even though he wasn't directly in the play the ball area.
It was plain & obvious he'd knocked his head enough to lay him out.
Badger knew he was concussed alright, Hiku only started moving AFTER they had played the ball.
By then it was too late Newcastle scores on that play.
LOL @ "Newcastle would of been blowing up if they stopped play" sounds more like what was going through his head at that moment.
Out of all the ref fuck ups during that game Badger knows this one would be the one serious enough to get his ass in trouble.

Anyway, lets move on....
apparently annesly told them to use discretion and common sense when it comes to these situations and player safety when it comes to head knocks. the trainer telling the touchie rule is only when its not obvious. your right its obvious at the point of impact hes out cold. i felt bad when he kinda got up and you could see him looking around and having no idea where he was.
both referees were dropped for this week
Teams would just cheat it to get free interchanges (probably already do) in the current climate it’d be extremely hard to accuse and punish someone for “faking” a concussion concern
i think parra got investigated or warned last year for this. always around the 20 min mark tim mannah would go down with a head knock. free interchange

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
like when Jazz went down with after being bent in half and then went off for an HIA?