Votes: 29 31.2%
  • C

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • F-

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
ja_weez

ja_weez

He is Dally M and his stats this year are just as good, so sorry if you are still confused ;)
Hahaha sorry still confused. I was trying to make a stats vs. impact argument. I don't doubt his effort or leadership but I do wonder sometimes if this year they are kinda of empty stats. Last year his contributions were impactful and led to team success, this year not so much. It could also be a team momentum thing that hides his effectiveness.

Reactions: 3 users

Juju

Hahaha sorry still confused. I was trying to make a stats vs. impact argument. I don't doubt his effort or leadership but I do wonder sometimes if this year they are kinda of empty stats. Last year his contributions were impactful and led to team success, this year not so much. It could also be a team momentum thing that hides his effectiveness.
He also gave away 4 of our 6 penalties

• Sad
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

It was an entertaining game for once, my takeaway is that it was almost identical to the Rd 9 Dragons game - clueless on attack in the first half, came out after halftime with a different attitude, Kodi shifts it to Hiku and Ken for points. I dont know whether to put it down to Kearney's spray or if they just worked it out themselves. Also, we're badly missing Tohu Harris's brains and vision in the redzone. Our right edge is limp as Bruce when his wife tried to give him his last birthday present.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
NRL admit that

1. play should have stopped for Hiku, and that the Ref knew he was injured and did nothing.

2. Lino did knock on and it should have been a hand over.

3. Big Ken DID get the ball down and that it shouldn't have been overturned.

18pt swing as a direct result of referee incompetence

Reactions: 12 users
hoolioh

hoolioh

Cant question jazzes heart hes lil pit bull. Cracked me up when luke got on abit of a run a jazz just ran up beside him an cut him off lol. Mabey him and lawton are best coming off the bench. Jazz as lock never as a prop i mean. Happy we got the win in a ugly game. If anyone seen the reserve game before it they would of had a good laugh man that was a shocker.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL admit that

1. play should have stopped for Hiku, and that the Ref knew he was injured and did nothing.

Not fucking good enough! The complete inconsistency from officials is killing the game. It should be decided by the players, not the refs. Someone needs to get a good kick up the ass...

Boss admits all three decisions wrong
Brad Walter
Mon 8 Jul 2019, 06:28 PM

NRL head of football Graham Annesley has told referees' bosses the level of errors in recent weeks is unacceptable.

Annesley was particularly concerned referees Adam Gee and Gavin Badger allowed play to continue in Newcastle on Saturday night after recognising Warriors centre

Peta Hiku suffered an injury and reaffirmed they were aware of the NRL directive to stop play for serious injuries.

The referees were reminded of the policy after Grant Atkins and Badger did not stop play during the round-five match in Townsville after Cowboys winger Nene Macdonald fractured and dislocated his ankle in a collision with teammate John Asiata.

However, play was again allowed to continue at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday night until Sione Mata'utia scored a try for the Knights, despite Badger pointing towards Hiku as he staggered out of a tackle and telling Gee to "watch him".

"They were aware that he had suffered a head knock, they were aware that he was on the ground and they should have stopped play at that tackle before the play-the-ball. They had time to do that," Annesley said.

"He said 'watch him', in other words 'keep an eye on him' but that is not good enough. That is saying 'I have identified that there is an issue there so keep an eye on him'. Well, keep an eye on him is not the right answer. Stop the game and have him assessed is the right answer.

Bunker overrules on field decision to deny Maumalo his third try

"It is a very serious error in that we hold clubs accountable for dealing with suspected head injuries and we hold them accountable to a very high degree. We know from the audio that they identified this, they just didn't take the right action at the right time."

It wasn't the only error in the match to leave Annesley frustrated and he said Ken Maumalo was incorrectly denied a try by NRL Bunker officials after they watched a camera angle that cast doubt over whether the Warriors winger had control of the ball as he grounded it.

He also revealed match officials in Friday night's match at Bankwest Stadium should have awarded Wests Tigers another set of six tackles after a chargedown by Victor Radley, while a touch judge failed to detect Joseph Manu had put his foot into touch before a Sydney Roosters try.

Annesley was due to meet separately with the referees and their coaches later on Monday.

"I need to get comfort from the people I have to hold responsible for the performances of match officials," he said.

"The one thing we can't stop is mistakes but some of mistakes over the last couple of weeks simply aren't good enough and they are mistakes that shouldn't have been made so we need to try to find out why and what they are doing to hopefully ensure it doesn't happen again leading into the finals.

"That is what coaches do week in and week out, they don't accept errors from their players and they work on strategies and ways to try to make sure those mistakes aren't repeated.

"I need a level of comfort from their coaches that they have this under control."

On a positive note, Annesley said the Bunker had spotted Cronulla playmaker Kyle Flanagan kneeing Brisbane's Matt Lodge in the head during Sunday's match at Pointsbet Stadium and advised referee Matt Cecchin, who was initially going to penalise the Broncos prop for retaliating.

Flanagan was charged with grade-one dangerous contact and had entered an early plea which enabled him to escape suspension and play in Saturday's match against Melbourne.

FuNQie

FuNQie

They need to bring in fines for bad ref decisions hit them in the pocket and its 5 times the fine if its against the warriors to make up for 25 years of crap reffing decisions we've had to endure as supporters, in fact, they should be sending us money to compensate us for all the misery we have suffered. I should be first to receive compensation because it's my idea.
Hahaha! Good luck with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Not fucking good enough! The complete inconsistency from officials is killing the game. It should be decided by the players, not the refs. Someone needs to get a good kick up the ass...

Boss admits all three decisions wrong
Brad Walter
Mon 8 Jul 2019, 06:28 PM

NRL head of football Graham Annesley has told referees' bosses the level of errors in recent weeks is unacceptable.

Annesley was particularly concerned referees Adam Gee and Gavin Badger allowed play to continue in Newcastle on Saturday night after recognising Warriors centre

Peta Hiku suffered an injury and reaffirmed they were aware of the NRL directive to stop play for serious injuries.

The referees were reminded of the policy after Grant Atkins and Badger did not stop play during the round-five match in Townsville after Cowboys winger Nene Macdonald fractured and dislocated his ankle in a collision with teammate John Asiata.

However, play was again allowed to continue at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday night until Sione Mata'utia scored a try for the Knights, despite Badger pointing towards Hiku as he staggered out of a tackle and telling Gee to "watch him".

"They were aware that he had suffered a head knock, they were aware that he was on the ground and they should have stopped play at that tackle before the play-the-ball. They had time to do that," Annesley said.

"He said 'watch him', in other words 'keep an eye on him' but that is not good enough. That is saying 'I have identified that there is an issue there so keep an eye on him'. Well, keep an eye on him is not the right answer. Stop the game and have him assessed is the right answer.

Bunker overrules on field decision to deny Maumalo his third try

"It is a very serious error in that we hold clubs accountable for dealing with suspected head injuries and we hold them accountable to a very high degree. We know from the audio that they identified this, they just didn't take the right action at the right time."

It wasn't the only error in the match to leave Annesley frustrated and he said Ken Maumalo was incorrectly denied a try by NRL Bunker officials after they watched a camera angle that cast doubt over whether the Warriors winger had control of the ball as he grounded it.

He also revealed match officials in Friday night's match at Bankwest Stadium should have awarded Wests Tigers another set of six tackles after a chargedown by Victor Radley, while a touch judge failed to detect Joseph Manu had put his foot into touch before a Sydney Roosters try.

Annesley was due to meet separately with the referees and their coaches later on Monday.

"I need to get comfort from the people I have to hold responsible for the performances of match officials," he said.

"The one thing we can't stop is mistakes but some of mistakes over the last couple of weeks simply aren't good enough and they are mistakes that shouldn't have been made so we need to try to find out why and what they are doing to hopefully ensure it doesn't happen again leading into the finals.

"That is what coaches do week in and week out, they don't accept errors from their players and they work on strategies and ways to try to make sure those mistakes aren't repeated.

"I need a level of comfort from their coaches that they have this under control."

On a positive note, Annesley said the Bunker had spotted Cronulla playmaker Kyle Flanagan kneeing Brisbane's Matt Lodge in the head during Sunday's match at Pointsbet Stadium and advised referee Matt Cecchin, who was initially going to penalise the Broncos prop for retaliating.

Flanagan was charged with grade-one dangerous contact and had entered an early plea which enabled him to escape suspension and play in Saturday's match against Melbourne.

It's can't be complete incompetence can it? There was so many mind boggling calls against us, I'm not sure a coincidence is mathematically possible.

Ken's *no try" is bad enough, but Lino's knock on was blatant. Plus the classic Warriors knock the ball free, called two in the tackle strip. We get the ball stripped, nope Warriors loose carry...

The whole last 1min was such a cluster fuck, I though it was a soccer match the way play just continued after time elapsed.

Old Sid

Absolutely disgraceful. Can't say any more than that...

So where is the public apology directed at the club? Not just in a list of odd errors for other games.

Every one of ours resulted in an immediate and relevant score issue, hence were much more than general 'incorrect' calls in the context of the game.

Reactions: 1 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

NRL admit that

Admitting it is one thing... What are they going to do about it?

So where is the public apology directed at the club?

What happens when we come 9th on pd....

It's can't be complete incompetence can it? There was so many mind boggling calls against us, I'm not sure a coincidence is mathematically possible.

It’s only the warriors... it happens most weeks, for years...

Reactions: 1 users
FuNQie

FuNQie

He also gave away 4 of our 6 penalties
(About Jazz) And that’s crucial, completely self-defeating. His big plus is the energy he brings to the side when he comes on, but with that many penalties given away, we’re in negative territory.

As Ja Weez points out, there are deficiencies in his game as a forward, in his carries, he’s not tough to tackle, slow play the ball. He’s light for a second-rower.

His errors have been compared to Ken, in that Ken was full of ‘em when he started out in FG, but left them behind, “give Jazz time and he’ll have them coached out of him”. I’m not so sure. They’re a similar age, Jazz only started FG a year later than Ken. They might both be Samoan and league players, but they’re completely different. Ken comes over as reserved, thinking, whereas Jazz is the kid running on Duracell batteries.

Pozza

Pozza

In the 1985 Challenge Cup final which was Hull vs Wigan, at the time it was said to be the greatest cup final of all time. After the game the commenters asked the then Hull coach Arthur Bunting, how do feel about getting beaten and playing so well. His comments were I rather we played like crap and won the game.

The point is a win is a win, which may be kick starts the season and at least they may mount a charge towards the top 8.

At least in the second half some resilence was shown.
Brett Kenny Lance Todd winner ?

snake77

snake77

Had to laugh during the game when Voss mentioned on commentary about doing Warriors games over here and fans telling him Warriors games don't start until the last 10 minutes.

Anasta seemed bewildered. "They actually say that". Hey it's no different to the Aussies saying hang with them for 60 minutes and they'll fade. Well there is a missing 10 minutes between them and one is the Warriors fading the other is the game gets more exciting potentially with a Warriors comeback at the end.

Anasta didn't seem how to take it. Like the fans accepting it.

davewjnz

davewjnz

Thats 12 points they shouldn't have been awarded (with Hiku being concussed) and 4 possibly 6 we should have been awarded.
Puts a different light on this game then what the final outcome actually was.
24 - 20 should legally have been 30 - 8 with better officiating.
Thats a big fuckn deficit if it comes down to points for and against to make the 8 if we get in this position.
Also makes the scoreline more realistic for the Warriors given they were 7 first graders shy of their full squad.
Not a fake win at all Mr Bruce...
Remember people we lost 3 games in the last 5 minutes that cost us 6 points which would have currently put us inside the 8 at this stage.
I reckon the Warriors have more fight in them then what we are bitching about.
With a little bit of luck and better officiating after this exposure I'm hoping we will come good after that 2nd half display.
Go The Warriors!

Raw Power

Raw Power

Pissed off with NRL 360 last night... They gave Ken Maumalo player of the week, and fair enough... 240 metres and 2 tries, but failed to mentioned anything at all about the Video Ref 3rd NO TRY Howler!

They only mentioned not stopping the game for an injured Hiku of which they agreed with the refs anyway (of which I sort of agree with their reasoning)

Reactions: 2 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member

One of the great games.

Going to Wembley when it was a sell out game- such a great day

Dane O’Hara played a shocker.James the finisher ‘Loolai’ looked awesome

Last edited: