Votes: 29 31.2%
  • C

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • F-

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
Makasene

Makasene

The sheer stupidity from our team never ceases to amaze me.

Lead by 4 with 50 seconds to go and Papalii loses it trying to get a quick play the ball.

I mean seriously, we can never hope to truly compete when you have players with literally zero awareness of what is required

Reactions: 11 users
Makasene

Makasene

Since the NRL are all about concussions and that Badger was a mere metre away from a dazed Hiku, that’s just poor form and pisses me off the most.

I'd like someone to dig out the footage from the 2017 finals match between Penrith and Brisbane.

I am certain Penrith were denied a run away try because Oates was knocked out and the refs called time off immediately

Reactions: 2 users

MXRecord

A cheap win during Origin period, I'll take it though, a win is a win.

Reactions: 4 users
Tedster

Tedster

Still meh, still a bottom half of the table team - yeah, they won and got the two points and some seem happy about that but for me its a very average team that beat a very average other team. Nothing i saw yesterday really compares to intensity of the top half of the table teams.

Reactions: 6 users
kenny44

kenny44

In H2 - well, no-one can say that SK has lost the dressing room, since whatever he said worked. We re-discovered our mojo, we re-discovered how to score tries! Amazing!

I suspect you're giving too much credit to SK.

It wouldn't be the first time a Warriors team left the sheds at half time and said "fuck this shit", decided to abandon the process and throw the ball around.

The Warriors in the second half were night and day compared to the first. I don't see how playing exactly the same way achieves such a turn around.

It certainly wasn't "trust the process, more like "fuck the process".

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
FAN

FAN

I'm always happy to get the WIN and the 2 points, no matter how UGLY it was.
However, it's a worry when you are wanting the other team to win, in a desperate hope that might edge that final nail in your own coaches coffin.
Fat chance of that happening anytime soon.
Rated the game a C the second half was a much better effort and style of play suited to our Boy's.

Reactions: 3 users

kos

It wouldn't be the first time a Warriors team left the sheds at half time and said "fuck this shit", decided to abandon the process and throw the ball around.

The Warriors in the second half were night and day compared to the first. I don't see how playing exactly the same way achieves such a turn around.

It certainly wasn't "trust the process, more like "fuck the process".
I was screaming at the TV...PLAY JUNGLEBALL''

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tim burgess

In the 1985 Challenge Cup final which was Hull vs Wigan, at the time it was said to be the greatest cup final of all time. After the game the commenters asked the then Hull coach Arthur Bunting, how do feel about getting beaten and playing so well. His comments were I rather we played like crap and won the game.

The point is a win is a win, which may be kick starts the season and at least they may mount a charge towards the top 8.

At least in the second half some resilence was shown.

Coops

Coops

noticed on NRL.com during the Knights presser they play a short clip of a forward pass leading to one of our tries while coach is whinging about not getting a fair go (WTF?) but don't bother showing Lino knock on or play on concussion or the no try that was a try (getting a very fair go indeed). Not very balanced reporting by NRL. The more I see the more I feel like there may be an agenda after all..

Reactions: 10 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
1,804m vs 1,364m. 57% possession. The best team won but it shouldn’t have even been close.

If we lost with those stats it would really highlight the problems, as those stats should have set us up for a dominant 30+ point demolition job🤔
They are having their brains coached out of them.

That is how I saw it as well. It was ad lib, it wasn't a game plan. The players are running the show when that happens. It won't work for long.

Reactions: 1 user

kos

In the 1985 Challenge Cup final which was Hull vs Wigan, at the time it was said to be the greatest cup final of all time. After the game the commenters asked the then Hull coach Arthur Bunting, how do feel about getting beaten and playing so well. His comments were I rather we played like crap and won the game.

The point is a win is a win, which may be kick starts the season and at least they may mount a charge towards the top 8.

At least in the second half some resilence was shown.
And next week we play a Broncos side in a bit of disarray. Milford out injured. Boyd out of form. New players in many positions.

I thought we were twice as good as the Knights /Knights scored an allowed no try and a couple of other asey trys.
Our defence was okay and in the second half we played jungle ball which paid off.
I thought Beale was shit. Jazz caused us 4 penalties. Fusitua was tentaitive.
Positives Big kenny as always our best player, Hiku for some sweet passes, Kodi for trying and his unpredictability, Bully was solid, Green kicked well in the second half, Paasi, Leeson Bunty even the much maligned Bam Lisone were all good. Burr was solid Papaali did ok Roger tried all night.
We need an attacking coach -we obviously havent got one at the moment.

davewjnz

davewjnz

I wanted them to lose because something has to be done about the coaching. These are good players with their ability being coached out of them. They are clearly well drilled in something, maybe the process, but the process has had enough time now and is proving to be nothing more than boring defensive football.
Rant over.

IMO that's pretty low mate even for a Warriors supporter! Out of all the doozy comments that one takes the cake.
I'm feeling like every other supporter at this team but I would never want them to lose even to sack the coach.
Yep we played against a team with 7 missing first grade players and almost lost but for a few dodgy calls we should have won by more.
Three games we lost in the last 5 minutes which would have made our position on the table a lot healthier had we held on.
Rabbits by 4, Storm by 1 and last weeks Panthers by 1.
That's 6 points that would of had us sitting in 4th spot right now.
Maybe its not the process just the players aren't executing how its spose to be executed.
I"m sure the process is the same as last year which had us sitting in better position on the table.
Take the bloody win, maybe our second half performance will turn it around for us
Up the Warriors mate!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
We need an attacking coach -we obviously havent got one at the moment.

I agree but I fear it is worse, our coach is ruining what attacking ability our players have.

was listening to Bluey last night, coaches tend to be diplomatic about each other, especially Kiwis, but he couldn't help talking about our offloads compared with the Knights.

Also a round of thanks to Michael Burgess on behalf of all Warriors fans for giving SK that serve last week. Please keep it up Mick. The dropkick knows he is untouchable for the next 4 years so his arrogant stubborn side is coming to the fore.

I don't know what happened at half time last night but something did, so again, thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

noticed on NRL.com during the Knights presser they play a short clip of a forward pass leading to one of our tries while coach is whinging about not getting a fair go (WTF?) but don't bother showing Lino knock on or play on concussion or the no try that was a try (getting a very fair go indeed). Not very balanced reporting by NRL. The more I see the more I feel like there may be an agenda after all..

There's and agenda alright. Last year I noticed our win highlights were shorter than our losses and overall some warriors games highlights were only 3-4mins were as other games were 5-6 mins

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Whatever mate :rolleyes:
Like I have explained ad infinitum this club is in crisis and it is getting deeper all the time. Something drastic needs to be done. Just because they cannot afford to sack SK has nothing to do with it. He is not the answer for this club so they had better find one asap. Heyzeuss spare me when Sky sport start openly joking about "the process" on live TV you know something is terribly wrong. That win last night was 20 points of where all the NRL pundits said they should be. It is a fake win.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
davewjnz

davewjnz

Like I have explained ad infinitum this club is in crisis and it is getting deeper all the time. Something drastic needs to be done. Just because they cannot afford to sack SK has nothing to do with it. He is not the answer for this club so they had better find one asap. Heyzeuss spare me when Sky sport start openly joking about "the process" on live TV you know something is terribly wrong. That win last night was 20 points of where all the NRL pundits said they should be. It is a fake win.
We all know this bruce but I still sit by my critizism of your comment.
I would love for the Warriors to turn things around just to rub that comment in your face..
Maybe you just post way to much... walk away, take a break, close the door on the way out.

Reactions: 5 users