Team List NRL 2019 Round 16 - Knights v Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tevaga has shown he should be our starting lock, and getting at least 60 minutes a game. His game was massive on the weekend, Burr is OK but really offers nothing other than making his tackles and the odd hit up. Jazz at least has an attacking streak and leads line speed, even if he does have an error or 2 in him.

With Blair and Papa out wide for the rest of the season (by the looks of it), we need some forward flair and he's looking he most likely to provide that to me.

Did you guys see Big Ken is leading post contact metres for the NRL this season? Even though he has been great on the wing, I'm starting to think to solve a few of our head aches, he should transition to his NYC position of second row over the off season. There is just no one out there worth while to sign for next season, if Ken can adapt to the defense he would be a beast. Ken's strength is not general wing play, it's hitting the ball up. Sign Rapana (he's apparently going to have to take unders to stay in Canberra) to take his spot. A winger is a lot cheaper to bring in then an established NRL second rower.

Browny will have the knights like the storm are when their main players are on SOO. Their second string side will make the most of it and out enthuse us and up their effort... lambs to the slaughter probably...

Browny will have the knights like the storm are when their main players are on SOO. Their second string side will make the most of it and out enthuse us and up their effort... lambs to the slaughter probably...
Definitely going well as a team. But how long did he need to get it to this stage? He was on very thin ice not very long ago. Big raps to him for seeing the task through and reaping the rewards eventually.

It's pretty rare for me to say this but I just can;t be f**ked.

I'll watch as I do every weekend but unlike every other weekend, I'm not really looking forward to it. What has this Warriors side brought me to? I love this team so much I have it's logo permanently on my body, and even I'm losing faith.

bruce

Contributor
You have to hand it to Nathan Browne, he's done an awesome job of rebuilding the Knights roster.
They have a good deal of Cap out and can still field a decent team, very astute recruiting/retention.
He has scored a few hardened convicts on their last chance. It does help. ;)

Definitely going well as a team. But how long did he need to get it to this stage? He was on very thin ice not very long ago. Big raps to him for seeing the task through and reaping the rewards eventually.

To be fair the Knights struggled earlier in the season when the experiment to play Ponga out of position failed miserably. The switch back to his favoured position changed the momentum of their season. They’re now probably the most exciting team to watch on attack, x’cept the storm had them worked out..

bruce

Contributor
It's pretty rare for me to say this but I just can;t be f**ked.
They are playing late tomorrow night. I remember way back when my missus used to get shitty at me if we were at weddings or functions when they were playing I would always sneak off to where there was a TV or radio at least. For the first time in my life following these muppets tomorrow night I just couldn't give a shite. Why? Because it will be like the Auckland game this year and they will pull our forwards pants down and shaft them good and proper. As for that Blair, don't get me going. This team is crap.

wrighty

I was driving home today from downtown Wellington to the Hutt Valley and the car in front of me had a bumper sticker that read "Jazz Tevaga #1 fan - Go Warriors"

Where do you even buy something like that? Maybe he made it I decided.

bruce

Contributor
I was driving home today from downtown Wellington to the Hutt Valley and the car in front of me had a bumper sticker that read "Jazz Tevaga #1 fan - Go Warriors"

Brilliant. Maybe we should get stickers for those with ticker and ignore the rest.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor

It's an Oman put the house on the warriors to win, if really keen make it a multiple with jazz to score. 30-1 on sports bet, Trust me I've been on this bus for 25 years

Anything less than a win tomorrow and SK will be a deadman walking....

😉

• Love
Reactions: Beastmode
I find that if you don't cheer for the warriors but instead root for them do a loose carry or knock the ball on, or incorrectly play the ball the game becomes enjoyable. When they do screw up you laugh instead of getting wound up and shaking your fist. It is very relaxing. Sort of like watching it as a neutral and watching a comedy.
Or the expectation the opposition will score every time they attack our line, I find helps with the blood pressure.

Reactions: wrighty
Status
Not open for further replies.