General NRL 2019 Round 16 - General Discussion

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Could be the greatest recruitment tactic the Warriors have ever pulled off. Ship of Shaun Johnson only to buy him back at half price.
He was just hooked because he was crap all season and you want him back?

Reactions: 1 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

I think Dugans actually held together with electrical tape and stick on tattoos!
There’s a pretty geriatric side to the Sharks in Gallen, Morris and Dugan. They all get up off the deck like they’ve got a tequila and red wine hangover!
Side note - it’s quite fun watching Shaun Johnson when you can just enjoy the good stuff with ball in hand and ignore the fact the guy is allergic to tackling!
Case in point - those foam signs are a killer...
75338164 EC95 4CD8 A903 A0F0600CCFA2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Shaun Johnson is about to get the biggest reeming by the Sydney media, just watch. Hope he packed some lube when he departed for Aus.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Shaun Johnson is about to get the biggest reeming by the Sydney media, just watch. Hope he packed some lube when he departed for Aus.
He didn't engage the line once that I can remember in 80mins of football. Couple times he got caught in a terrible position and tackled, but not taking on the line. Pretty bad for a million dollar man, even if he is carrying an injury they have Flanno so he shouldn't be playing.

Reactions: 4 users
Tragic

Tragic

Shaun Johnson getting shredded on the Sharks forum, a few sticking up for him for his kicking game but most saying they need to get rid of him.

• Haha
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Shaun Johnson getting shredded on the Sharks forum, a few sticking up for him for his kicking game but most saying they need to get rid of him.
His kicking game was actually quality, bar that very last one that wasn't terrible but abit pointless. But other than that it was his usual shovel it on performance.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Didn’t watch it but what was the reaction after he was hooked??? I recall he wasn’t happy when Matt Elliot hooked him during the Panthers game and suspect it would be similar!

Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Didn’t watch it but what was the reaction after he was hooked??? I recall he wasn’t happy when Matt Elliot hooked him during the Panthers game and suspect it would be similar!
No I’m pretty sure the Shaun Johnson we all know and love deals incredibly well with being put under pressure by his coach and club. 🤔
Actually come to think of it Sharks fans don’t worry he’ll be announcing his move to the Super League on Tuesday morning...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Some got grumpy when they dared to suggest that before. :rolleyes:
Haha - “he’s never been the same since the broken leg in 2015”.
Apparently they needed some bone to graft onto the leg to fix it and they took it straight out of his skull and knicked a bit of his frontal lobe to boot.
His kicks are incredibly intelligent now.
Everything else 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
If Flanno wasn't going to be suspended for kneeing Lodge in the head, I honestly reckon Shaun Johnson might have found himself in reserve grade for the first time in his career. Bit gutted because would have been really interesting to see if Morris would have pulled the trigger. Not just that hes been playing terrible, they need someone to kick goals and Flanno is the only one that can.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
it wasnt just that he was hooked, it was that the game was on the line with 10 mins(?) left and they benched him. You know one of those moments when you want your absolute best on the field, only 2 points in it etc...

There was a passage of play I remember where he was doing his usual run it across the face of the defending team, heading slowly to the side line and by they time he got there, he had run himself into a cordon of 3-4 sharks players and he just stood there and let them walk him over the side line. He never even tried to fight or get to ground. He was looking for an offload the whole time and just kept running past people. He looked totally defeated, like he had no idea at all what to do. He didnt even try anything. This was some time before he was hooked but i dont remember when.