Post Match NRL 2019 - Round 15 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion [Round 15, 2021]

Game Information

Knights
Vs
Warriors
10 McDonald Jones Stadium
19 Jun 2021 17:00
80th minute

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • F-

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters
Nangsy

Nangsy

There’s gotta be a rift between Brown and the players I think. We need a Coach with passion and knows what he wants, Brown thinks we’re in a bloody rebuild.

John Morris is a coach we should consider.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Nikorima is shit no matter what way you sell it. The warriors have no Halves, how much ball did we have in great position, and just couldn't do anything.
The worst bit is I was gritting my teeth 20mins from how painful it was to watch, pretty sure I need a new set of dentures after enduring 80mins of that shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Kenneth copped 108 points in a fortnight, from one sinking ship to another. Poor guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Yeah, maybe, I dunno...

I know Shaun Johnson certainly has some clutch moments in his highlight reel i.e Semi vs Melb, RLWC semi, etc., but I seem to remember feeling more often than not that I was willing Shaun Johnson to step up to the plate and take the game by the scruff of the neck for the Warriors and he didn’t. Can anyone confirm this or am I just still bitter he’s not with us?
Sadly he was a better player for the Sharks than his later iteration (after he lost speed from the leg break) for the Warriors.

He was forced by the Sharks coaching and available halves options, to play an organising role.

When he first went there, he was berated for that skipping sideways shit....playing on instinct....not part of a team move. To his credit and the credit of the Sharks he was forced to become their main kicker and to organise first, run second.

He is a much better half now, which is why he looks so good without the speed and side step.

You are not wrong about Shaun Johnson only playing in bursts for the Warriors. That is the syndrome of carrying the team on your own.

He would be a much better player with Walsh in the same team, no longer the sole focus.

We need someone, it wont be Shaun Johnson, people need to move on from that, it just wont happen, the blood is bad, bridges burned, we need to look to the future.

Sean O'Sullivan had his worst game, he was terrible. There is a chance he will play better next week within his ceiling.

Kodi is a real worry, getting flashbacks of Isaac Luke taking the piss till too late.

Pretty much Warriors disease, it is the players, watch them start to play well when the magic ingredient is there....when any chance of playing finals is gone.

At least our imports in the backs are playing well, Montoya was excellent, he is a real find, Aitken is better than what was, Walsh is still an excitement machine.

Addin Fonua-Blake is off the pace, people need to remember he is coming back from Injury...knee injury....cant just show up running at max after doing a knee.

Reactions: 11 users
Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Sadly he was a better player for the Sharks than his later iteration (after he lost speed from the leg break) for the Warriors.

He was forced by the Sharks coaching and available halves options, to play an organising role.

When he first went there, he was berated for that skipping sideways shit....playing on instinct....not part of a team move. To his credit and the credit of the Sharks he was forced to become their main kicker and to organise first, run second.

He is a much better half now, which is why he looks so good without the speed and side step.

You are not wrong about Shaun Johnson only playing in bursts for the Warriors. That is the syndrome of carrying the team on your own.

He would be a much better player with Walsh in the same team, no longer the sole focus.

We need someone, it wont be Shaun Johnson, people need to move on from that, it just wont happen, the blood is bad, bridges burned, we need to look to the future.

Sean O'Sullivan had his worst game, he was terrible. There is a chance he will play better next week within his ceiling.

Kodi is a real worry, getting flashbacks of Isaac Luke taking the piss till too late.

Pretty much Warriors disease, it is the players, watch them start to play well when the magic ingredient is there....when any chance of playing finals is gone.

At least our imports in the backs are playing well, Montoya was excellent, he is a real find, Aitken is better than what was, Walsh is still an excitement machine.

Addin Fonua-Blake is off the pace, people need to remember he is coming back from Injury...knee injury....cant just show up running at max after doing a knee.
Nice to see you back to your old self Sup 🤗

Reactions: 1 user
Tragic

Tragic

The team doesn't play like a team, they rely on individual brilliance to score. Individual brilliance had a hard time in the wet weather tonight and he got a few knocks.
I don't know why they don't play like a team but coaching must come under the microscope.

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Our 5th tackle options need a lot of work, It's a sad day when Kodi was the best out of all of them and talking about Kodi, he looked like he didn't want to play, looked like he had a lot going on his mind. Aitken's speed is what we are missing in the number 9. We really need to think about 6,7 and 9 for the future of this club.

Tragic

Tragic

Line speed on defence was mud again, other than jazz who shoots up quickly, generally by himself. Line speed wins games, we did well to keep them to 10 with our crap line speed.
Line speed is just simply getting up quickly, it's about attitude, fitness and training, we don't look unfit.

Reactions: 8 users
roadrunner

roadrunner

After last nights game the Warriors pity their name doesn't reflect that , of what a horse trainer or owner must go through. You know you may have some stars then some good reliable ones who try all the time. Then you have the also rans ones that end up at the knackers yard because 8th place most of the time is where they get to or less. So to make a name for yourself you get new names and stars for nxt year and you hope that makes a difference. Last night summed up where we are and heading 2021 pet food.

Uster101

Well I rated them all 1's and that was being kind. We really have no one who can guide the team around the field. Find it strange that POS etc cannot understand you need someone who can control a game. We have not had anyone who can do that for years

Sledge

Sledge

I know there was a lot of players out there today... to me... looking like there is a lack of leadership and looking rudderless!
Well if we are lacking leadership what the fuck is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck doing esp as he is the Captain and getting payed fucking well, I don’t like Shaun Johnson but would say to him don’t come back bro, this team is a fucked, players graveyard.

HoRneT041

HoRneT041

In a tight game we had three chances to win. Walsh’s amazing run that was cut agonisingly short by Brailey, Curren just needing to grasp a loose ball but got white line fever and Walsh’s missed drop goal after Addin Fonua-Blake had set up perfect field position for the conditions.

That game was there for the taking if we were good enough? However we lack the polish to turn those half chances into a win. Very depressing after watching Penrith the night before soak up a Roosters onslaught before getting some possession back and Cleary having the balls to kick on the 2nd tackle for a try and completely switch momentum their way.

We have a very long way to go! 😳

Reactions: 5 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Too right mate. Especially for our Maori & PI guys who , while they may have their immediate whanau with them now, what many don't get is that their whanau goes beyond the 'nuclear' one. Those that think that doesn't have an impact can get ******. This is something the ozzie guys don't have to contend with, even the Maori & PI guys in their teams cos most of them are established over there and have many with extended whanau with them.
Some see that as a weakness but its real all the same - professionalism & all that - money isn't the answer to everything.
Do we sacrifice the flair, the excitement etc to win a comp? What does that even mean?
These couple of years have been out of the box, I've learnt a lot and not going to judge the players. Disappointed, yes, but not for myself. Right or wrong the thing around covid has been the unknown, the uncertainty, and fear (whether real or contrived) has impacted everyone.
Do you or don't you - the hype, the responsibility, sacrifices we've been called on to make - like I said, right or wrong, the whole world is caught up in this. Yet sitting in our armchairs its ok to judge?

I've heard that many of the players are taking the opportunity to come back to Aotearoa during this break - who's going to line up at the airport to tell them they're all shite? Not me.

Have been sitting back for a couple of months evaluating a lot of things & this is my last post tbh.

I wish the warriors the best, hope all your diehard, tragics' wishes come true...all I care about right now is our world, our whanau, will be complete for a few days after what has felt like (and by all accounts could have been - who knows?) a lifetime.
Peace and love.
Unfortunately I don’t agree..

This team was fantastic last year despite having to drop everything and move, so what exactly is different this time round given they had plenty of time to prepare and also bring their whanau with them?

Is it possible the whanua are actually a distraction ? these aren’t 5 year old kids who need the support of family to feel secure about themselves . These are grown adult men. I find it hard to believe they are so insecure that they need family around them to support their mental state of mind. If anything ,they are the ones having to look after, support and provide security to their whanau in Australia, not the other way round.

The team were brilliant last season. Hadn’t felt so good about them in a long time. But now we’re back to the dark old days.

Last season we had a weaker roster and multiple issues yet we came out on top. For that reason, we need to stop bagging the players and point to the root cause - Nathan Brown.

kos

Early on in the game Fox sport commentators reported Kodi had just had his ankle heavily strapped. Did Sky report this?
If his ankle was injured would not that affect his game?
And Walsh was kicking goals because Kodi could not kick goals.
May explain why Kodi had an off game.

Reactions: 3 users