Post Match NRL 2019 - Round 15 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion [Round 15, 2021]

Game Information

Knights
Vs
Warriors
10 McDonald Jones Stadium
19 Jun 2021 17:00
80th minute

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • F-

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

Juno

It’s a long time to not sleep in your own bed. Players across all sports often complain when they feel that tours are too long or drawn out. This is taking that to the extreme. At least in FIFO you get to come and go. The fact that they are still putting in 80 minute efforts and having close losses (except against the top flight sides) suggests to me that the coach hasn’t lost the dressing room
Too right mate. Especially for our Maori & PI guys who , while they may have their immediate whanau with them now, what many don't get is that their whanau goes beyond the 'nuclear' one. Those that think that doesn't have an impact can get ******. This is something the ozzie guys don't have to contend with, even the Maori & PI guys in their teams cos most of them are established over there and have many with extended whanau with them.
Some see that as a weakness but its real all the same - professionalism & all that - money isn't the answer to everything.
Do we sacrifice the flair, the excitement etc to win a comp? What does that even mean?
These couple of years have been out of the box, I've learnt a lot and not going to judge the players. Disappointed, yes, but not for myself. Right or wrong the thing around covid has been the unknown, the uncertainty, and fear (whether real or contrived) has impacted everyone.
Do you or don't you - the hype, the responsibility, sacrifices we've been called on to make - like I said, right or wrong, the whole world is caught up in this. Yet sitting in our armchairs its ok to judge?

I've heard that many of the players are taking the opportunity to come back to Aotearoa during this break - who's going to line up at the airport to tell them they're all shite? Not me.

Have been sitting back for a couple of months evaluating a lot of things & this is my last post tbh.

I wish the warriors the best, hope all your diehard, tragics' wishes come true...all I care about right now is our world, our whanau, will be complete for a few days after what has felt like (and by all accounts could have been - who knows?) a lifetime.
Peace and love.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Especially for our Maori & PI guys

Reactions: 4 users

PNG Kiwi

Well covered in the comments. Basically we lost to a team as bad as we are.

Otukolo welcome good start in very challenging conditions.

Katoa isn't playing like the raw talent he was last year, and obviously hasn't kicked on. In fact with on paper a far better team than last year we are not progressing. Up to this point I have been very supportive about Brown, but big doubts are setting in. Todd was only offered a 1 year contract so I am beginning to wonder is there a bigger plan.

If Dallin Watene-Zelezniak comes on board that may help with some of our decision making.

If Brown wants a chance to be in the top 8 he must play Walsh as a half and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back to fullback. It is a hard competition but we do not have the spine to progress and definitely Kodi in our setup isn't going to progress any further, and may now have his mind on staying in Australia.

Tahu must play 13

Reactions: 3 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

I know this should be in General Round but feels relevant after our performance. Right now the Tigers are actually lapping the Warriors in the race to the bottom of the table v the Storm. It’s 50-nil after 46 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
bangbros18

bangbros18

Difference was the kicking game, errors and penalties. I thought our defence was OK, kept us in a lot of that game, really could have had an extra couples tries put on us. Just a classic arm wrestle, the conditions really made it impossible to do much more. Hunt showed us how's it's done, his kicking game was fantastic for the Dragons. Ours was shit.

Otukolo looked really comfortable out there, hopefully he gets a couple more games and come really push Egan in 2022 (Egan's off contract 2023).

It's clear we lack a 7 this season, Nikorima doesn't have the skill or drive to lead us. The problem is this is we have really got., unless we can snare a out of favour half in the next 2 weeks.
He runs a great unders play! 😂

TheSultan

Just scrolled thru this whole thread to try and spot any of the Chanel Harris-Tavita haters and gauge their thoughts on that game. flying coconut ? You were fairly repetitive all week 🤦🏻‍♂️. Sean O'Sullivan was diabolical…there are no words…but FFS Kodi do your fucking job. He is an experienced ‘half’ yet seems incapable of taking control of a game. The guy has never seemed to have his heart in it for us, and clearly now he’s trying to get out yet at the same time keeping one foot in incase no other team bites. For all CHTs flaws at the very least he digs in and has a go. Only positive was Otukolo…good solid debut…didnt look out of place at all.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
We desperately need Lodge or TPJ, add them to a prop rotation of Addin Fonua-Blake, Evans, Ben Murdoch-Masila and that's alg.

Preferred Jazz at hooker over lock, can have him moving between the two positions during the game to give the hooker a spell if needed.

The club needs to suck it up and go and beg Shaun Johnson to come back, our halves play has been diabolical all season. If Kodi stays in Australia then that's a straight swap salary wise.

I'd be moving in Dallin Watene-Zelezniak for Pompey. Montoya plays with a lot of heart and is offering more atm.
Pompey was one of the 5 players playing at pace. Everyone else war running in mud

bangbros18

bangbros18

Sullivan was inept - not 1st grade standard. Nikorima is far better. Is there any other player available instead of Sullivan?
Nikorima is shit no matter what way you sell it. The warriors have no Halves, how much ball did we have in great position, and just couldn't do anything.

Reactions: 6 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Just scrolled thru this whole thread to try and spot any of the Chanel Harris-Tavita haters and gauge their thoughts on that game. flying coconut ? You were fairly repetitive all week 🤦🏻‍♂️. Sean O'Sullivan was diabolical…there are no words…but FFS Kodi do your fucking job. He is an experienced ‘half’ yet seems incapable of taking control of a game. The guy has never seemed to have his heart in it for us, and clearly now he’s trying to get out yet at the same time keeping one foot in incase no other team bites. For all CHTs flaws at the very least he digs in and has a go. Only positive was Otukolo…good solid debut…didnt look out of place at all.
Sean O'Sullivan was looking like an under 12s player. I was backing him for ages but fk me. That shepard was school boy stuff, as was losing track of the tackle count.

Reactions: 6 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Lol. I spent the entire game screaming at them to push up on defence. Today was diabolical. Not only could they not make it back the ten, they lacked any line speed whatsoever.
They take about 3-4 steps forward then 1-2 sideways.

I’m trying to forget this game ever happened

Happy butterflies and rainbows

• Haha
unclesteve

unclesteve

Weird how all the members who called for CHTs head seem to be silent tonight.

bangbros18

bangbros18

Warriors of 2021 are officially a shambles! No direction, don't know how they want to play, who would of thought Egan was going to be a big loss? Just was slow, and they still don't know how to play basic rugby league, just over think things sometimes?

Lance155

Lance155

Fuck me this thread would be 4 pages if Bruce stopped talking to himself. At least the old dude went bed.

P.s we suck

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users