Votes: 30 26.3%
  • C

Votes: 55 48.2%
  • D

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • F-

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
A wins a win. Good in some areas, poor in others. Blair really is a penalty machine and a bit of a liability at times when games are close.
This post had me thinking. In a close game, with less than ten minutes to go, SK should pull Blair of the field. Better to have 13 on the field than 12 and Blair giving the opposition two easy points or a chance at six points while we’re a man down with him being sin binned.

I don’t blame the Fusitua.

I would feel the same working under a coach who doesn’t know how to use him properly.
Lolohea felt the same way

I agree that Fusitua isn't being used the best way and that he's the best aerial finisher in the comp etc. But this (for better or worse) is the game plan right now, and we need everyone in the team to go hunting for opportunities. Look at Ken - that guy is hungry for everything and he's a great influence.

This is the game plan because, let's face it, we have a weak forward pack and the backs have to compensate. Tohu Harris is dragged out of the injury ward each week to play, our hookers (all three of them) are not the complete package, we have a puzzling bench strategy and our middles don't dominate. So yeah, in an idea world, Fusitua would stay on the wing and catch the ball.

But we're not in an ideal world, so Fusitua needs to step up and take the lead from Ken, who has gone from my least favourite warrior to one of the best.

The NRL judiciary system is now more confusing than ever. Blair's shot was only marginally late. His sin-bining potentially could have cost us the win. Punishment has already been served hasn't it?

The biggest anomaly this year was Josh McGuire getting off with only a $1500 fine for an eye gouge. The lowest of the low and yet he got to play against us the following week, made 200 m and got man of the match.

I was at the game.(Live on the GC) I thought Green slowed our attack down boy he is slow. But he pulled off 1 or 2 try saving tackles and scored a solo try so basically won us the game.
Blair was real busy off the ball. Puzzled why Bunty only came on after half time. Puzzled why Agnatius and Leeson came on so late in the second half. The titans threw everything at us in the first 25 of the second half and our defence stood up well. I like Kodi -he is quick and runs to the line which Shaun Johnson rarely did he is a bit erratic but we need that apart from Kens runs (terrific game) and Kodi,s/Rogers unpredictability and speed we have not got much in attack. I liked Herbert he is solid and skilled. Roger tried hard, Tohu Harris with an injury.
Yes our replacement bench use is odd and boy our attack needs reconditioning and revamping. The Titans tried everything although they missed Proctor/Peachey/Arrow but Ryley Jacks makes their attack better they look better without Ash Taylor. The Titans beat the Broncos the following week I was at that game too and the bash boy Brisbane forwards tried every thing to win but the Titans prevailed. So all in all really despite our attack being rubbish a good win.

I,ll see how we go playing the Panthers before I commit $90 to see the Warriors play Brisbane on 13 July. I,ll be in Auckland for an ISP game on the 20th and will try and get along if I can escape the family.

Lolohea felt the same way

I agree that Fusitua isn't being used the best way and that he's the best aerial finisher in the comp etc. But this (for better or worse) is the game plan right now, and we need everyone in the team to go hunting for opportunities. Look at Ken - that guy is hungry for everything and he's a great influence.

This is the game plan because, let's face it, we have a weak forward pack and the backs have to compensate. Tohu Harris is dragged out of the injury ward each week to play, our hookers (all three of them) are not the complete package, we have a puzzling bench strategy and our middles don't dominate. So yeah, in an idea world, Fusitua would stay on the wing and catch the ball.

But we're not in an ideal world, so Fusitua needs to step up and take the lead from Ken, who has gone from my least favourite warrior to one of the best.
Frankly, if I was Fusitua, I'd have my Agent looking to get me a deal with a team under a coach who doesn't waste my talents and isn't gonna fuck around with me by making out that I'm a prop. One who actually has real props on the pitch during a match would be good. I've no idea whether having an assistant coach responsible for attack training who was a prop has anything to do with this, but Agent, please just sort it out as I'm over this psychodrama. And I'm not a clone of Ken. Thanks.

Fusitua is an average winger made to look good by Shaun Johnson and Harris last year who pulled defenders in like they were magnetic. He's not fast, can't position himself and defensively he's the worst winger in the comp - he's literally at the bottom of the list of tackles made by any player at 10 games or more. But there's also really noone else at the moment that could take his place.
The Tigers game is a perfect example of his defensive abilities! And some people want him in at centre. Tbh I thought Fusitua played fullback really well! His size made him a dangerous fullback but that’s in the past now.

Citygirl

Contributor
Sorry if it's been mentioned but from memory and admittedly my memory isn't that great, but Friday nights have been pretty good for us this year

I suspect Bunty was one of the worst affected by that gastro bug that swept through the team earlier in the week, it's the only logical reason for his limited time on the park on Friday.
I also wonder if the game plan to keep attacking on the left is to reduce the work load of Tohu Harris and Fusitua who both appear to be carrying injuries.
One area of our attack that has improved is from scrums, we scored one try from a scrum and created enough of an overlap from another scrum that Papali'i made a break down the sideline on the following play.

Reactions: Big_Fattz

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
anyone notice Tohu Harris has love handles around the waist??

has he always been fatty around that area or is this a recent thing?

He was warming up near me in the Storm game and I couldn’t help but notice.....

can someone who watches him closely confirm please?

anyone notice Tohu Harris has love handles around the waist??

has he always been fatty around that area or is this a recent thing?

He was warming up near me in the Storm game and I couldn’t help but notice.....

can someone who watches him closely confirm please?
I did read because he is injured he is involved in limited training sessions.

Reactions: Beastmode
Was at the pub last night and the Sun wolves vs the Argentina team was on. First game of union I have watched in years. I was surprised at the quality, speed and accuracy of passing and how poor it is in league by comparison... from half back and right across the back row. And I believe they are lowly union teams. We seriously look amateurish compared with them.