• D

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • F-

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
bruce

bruce

Contributor
If there are two in the tackle and one drops off, I thought you couldn't strip the ball? Have they changed that rule?
Yes...this season...rule number one hang on to the bloody ball...other teams have been coached to pull away and strip...SK is still waiting for the email from the NRL :rolleyes:

Also Casey Badger needs to go to Specsavers. I watched her last week at MSS and tonight she made a terrible call that cost us a try in the end. She will be ok, she is Gavin's squeeze, talk about nepotism.:mad:

Ratings - You have to give a win a C. As Bluey says an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.:D

Top tackler was Adam Blair with 47...but wait there is more...6 runs for 43 metres running...WTF:oops::oops:...get the prick down to reserve grade and get rid of him...he has his 300 games...let him go. What is it with this club putting up with crap from this guy?

The girls dropped their lips after the Titans scored...but something happened. They got their pecker back again, or else the Titans ran out of puff with two men down. By the end of the game they had achieved parity up front both on metres gained and set distance.

Out attack is shite. Five runs and then to Green to kick. WTF, why not send them our game plan? What is that Bruce, that is our game plan.:wtf:

We try a short drop out...they see it coming and have more guys than us there..well coached and drilled attack coaches.:wtf:

We try a short kick off...they still have more guys than us there, all in a pre arranged pattern...ball lands right on the intended player...they get the ball.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, what would the team do without him? Big Ken is one of the few that would walk into any first grade side 287 metres FFS. That should be a bonus, instead it makes up for two forwards.

Bunty only got 15 minutes tonight. Is he injured or something? Why is he on the sideline and Big Ken is having to do all the hard work, and score tries as well?

Talking about tries, you would have to be thick or Mount Wellington not to see that the difference to both Big Ken and Fusitua this season is who has Peta Hiku on the inside. Sure he is a weak link on defence, but he sure can feed a winger.

I am getting less impressed with the coaching of this team as the year goes on. They are fit, they have skill, but they are lacking confidence, especially on defence. That has to be drilling and the game plan. Brian Smith has to find some decent assistant coaches ASAP. This shite cannot continue.

...but an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

Reactions: 10 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

I pretty much felt our serious go at the finals was not going to happen after the first Storm game. I'm looking to the future. If we make finals it's an unexpected bonus.

We need to tip the purse at some bigger forwards. Get rid of Blair, and Luke. We need Roache. Papalii can be Blair. Get one big prop and one big second rower. Develop Chanel Harris-Tavita and Nikorima as a halves pairing. Play Perham left centre. Start now. To hell with results, we've proven this is not our year.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I pretty much felt our serious go at the finals was not going to happen after the first Storm game. I'm looking to the future. If we make finals it's an unexpected bonus.

We need to tip the purse at some bigger forwards. Get rid of Blair, and Luke. We need Roache. Papalii can be Blair. Get one big prop and one big second rower. Develop Chanel Harris-Tavita and Nikorima as a halves pairing. Play Perham left centre. Start now. To hell with results, we've proven this is not our year.
Totally agree. Scorched earth on this team, starting with Adam Blair. Remind me which poster on here said he had earned his place back in the team? 6 runs for 43 metres??? Are you kidding???

Reactions: 3 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

It really is a joke every week watching our determined defense trap them in the 20 only for them to put on a simple shift to the right for Hiku to let them take another 25.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
It really is a joke every week watching our determined defense trap them in the 20 only for them to put on a simple shift to the right for Hiku to let them take another 25.
He isn't that bad, made 20 tackles tonight only missed 2 and they didn't lead to tries, but he put Big Ken in twice.

Reactions: 4 users
WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
Totally agree. Scorched earth on this team, starting with Adam Blair. Remind me which poster on here said he had earned his place back in the team? 6 runs for 43 metres??? Are you kidding???
Some bloke from Pangaru

Last edited:
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Brimson burns a lot of people, not putting that one on just Hiku... Acknowledging he is a poor defender tho 😂

Reactions: 1 user
kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

At the end of the day, it wasn’t pretty, but I’m proud! They didn’t give up! When they could have, they didn’t! There is so much potential in this team! I just wish they believed it and they had a coach that ignited that belief in them! Come on Warriors! Make the 25th year count!

Reactions: 5 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Brimson burns a lot of people, not putting that one on just Hiku... Acknowledging he is a poor defender tho 😂

I wasn't talking about the try, it was that Hiku is unable to make even simple tackles when defending his own 3/4 line which continually lets opposition off the hook defensively after the rest of the team has put in the extra effort.

Reactions: 1 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

Close game + (survived the night on the Goldie), Worst crowd attendance in memory, we lack Killer instinct, speed and Kenty is right we need more Aussie Mongrel in our team, could have went either way but I'm happy it went ours.
Can we improve with the rest of the season.... I don't think so unfortunately. Last year oh last year!

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

That was me .I think it was 80 meters last week .

Sledge

Sledge

Yes...this season...rule number one hang on to the bloody ball...other teams have been coached to pull away and strip...SK is still waiting for the email from the NRL :rolleyes:

Also Casey Badger needs to go to Specsavers. I watched her last week at MSS and tonight she made a terrible call that cost us a try in the end. She will be ok, she is Gavin's squeeze, talk about nepotism.:mad:

Ratings - You have to give a win a C. As Bluey says an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.:D

Top tackler was Adam Blair with 47...but wait there is more...6 runs for 43 metres running...WTF:oops::oops:...get the prick down to reserve grade and get rid of him...he has his 300 games...let him go. What is it with this club putting up with crap from this guy?

The girls dropped their lips after the Titans scored...but something happened. They got their pecker back again, or else the Titans ran out of puff with two men down. By the end of the game they had achieved parity up front both on metres gained and set distance.

Out attack is shite. Five runs and then to Green to kick. WTF, why not send them our game plan? What is that Bruce, that is our game plan.:wtf:

We try a short drop out...they see it coming and have more guys than us there..well coached and drilled attack coaches.:wtf:

We try a short kick off...they still have more guys than us there, all in a pre arranged pattern...ball lands right on the intended player...they get the ball.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, what would the team do without him? Big Ken is one of the few that would walk into any first grade side 287 metres FFS. That should be a bonus, instead it makes up for two forwards.

Bunty only got 15 minutes tonight. Is he injured or something? Why is he on the sideline and Big Ken is having to do all the hard work, and score tries as well?

Talking about tries, you would have to be thick or Mount Wellington not to see that the difference to both Big Ken and Fusitua this season is who has Peta Hiku on the inside. Sure he is a weak link on defence, but he sure can feed a winger.

I am getting less impressed with the coaching of this team as the year goes on. They are fit, they have skill, but they are lacking confidence, especially on defence. That has to be drilling and the game plan. Brian Smith has to find some decent assistant coaches ASAP. This shite cannot continue.

...but an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.
Spot on Bruce, it has become increasingly clear that Kearney and his crew can’t or won’t change their game plan. He has to go, he cannot change his one dimensional coaching style.

Reactions: 4 users
Tragic

Tragic

Like it other than Roache. Lawton needs to be there until we get another Aussie hooker who can boss these "lip droppers" around for 80 minutes. Lawton leads the defensive line by about 2 metres, blair is close behind then the rest of the clowns ambling up. Roache has pace and an eye for a gap but thats not what we need, we need a hard working leader at hooer who is in the thick of it demanding more from his troops and settling them down when the lips drop.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
roadrunner

roadrunner

Woke up with the dreaded warrior hangover this morning only helped by fact 1 is that we got 2 points. Fact 2 is there are alot of guys in team like Green , Harris, Luke and Blair who are at the end of their time with injuries or use by date that we have to move on. They all were and still some degree still are. Fact 3 is however much we moan about refs and calls we get and always will the team is still most of the time capable of only beating themselves through lack of mongrel , team selection and coaching etc. Wow game breaker we beat Titans. Fact 4 I still love league and will still be there nxt week with boys so hurray up and win me a premiership before the pearly gates open up.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Watched the game on replay and also the Cowboys/Wests. Boy if our refs were bad that game was a shocker. Definitely looks like a bias towards non Sydney teams (Storm exception) At least Paul Green spoke up. Did SK say anything in the presser?

Not a lot to say about the game other than we won, wasn't stylish but we hung in there. Bench use continues to annoy me, wtf was up with Bunty? We could have used him a lot earlier and for more minutes. I thought we really struggled with the Tits offloads and their superior speed around the park.

Highlight was the tip on try, not so much Nikorima's tip on but the fact Hiku reacted quickly enough and then put Ken in. For all his defensive frailties Peta is a ball player. Thought Lawton went well too although could have done with more minutes. Where the hell is Roache?

Had to laugh at Brimston on the last play, very warrior like. Must have had a rush of blood after getting the try although, the kid has gas.

And finally what the hell is going on with the right side. Were there any kicks at all to Fusitua? and why isn't Herbert kicking? Injury?

Gave it a C 'cos we won but give the coach an E. These guys could do much better with a decent game plan and attack coaching.

dantheman

I dont know if anyone else noticed this but there were so many times green had to jump to catch the ball as first receiver and that slowed our attack down big time. Also, we are garbage at trying to improve our territory but I'll take the win.

Also, what the hell has happened to Fusitua. I know no Johnson and Tohu Harris on that edge but damn, he is a shell of his former self.

Reactions: 8 users