Votes: 30 26.3%
  • C

Votes: 55 48.2%
  • D

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • F-

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
Was at the pub last night and the Sun wolves vs the Argentina team was on. First game of union I have watched in years. I was surprised at the quality, speed and accuracy of passing and how poor it is in league by comparison... from half back and right across the back row. And I believe they are lowly union teams. We seriously look amateurish compared with them.
yea it is for warriors. I watched the Storm Newcastle game highlights and the whole passing , running and class of the storm team was great to watch. This is what we dream of in a team but we have lost all of that.The Raiders are another on a roll with the style they are playing.

Reactions: Dave Brough

bruce

Contributor
I don’t blame the Fusitua.

I would feel the same working under a coach who doesn’t know how to use him properly.
I say bullshit to that, absolute bullshit. That is the mark of a totally unprofessional and self entitled player. Most coaches in the NRL are arseholes, it goes with the job. So if SK is an arsehole so what?

Look at how Ayshford and Beale cope with being dropped to ISP. They go out an play their best, they are true professionals. Look at how CNK and Mason Lino coped as well.

Look at some of the bros who get dropped, they drop their lips and sulk, like I signed up to be a superstar and be on TV for the family...how dare you take that away from me.

Rant over.

bruce

Contributor
Henry Perenara, I think he is the best ref in the comp BTW, he has a very even handed manner when speaking to captains, firm but fair, never talks down to players
That is why the NRL asked him to do the job, which is an honour if you think about it, because he had been a player, so he talks to them not down to them. Some refs are just control freaks.

However does anybody listen to the shite Cameron Smith gives them? That dude is a non stop bag factory.

Reactions: 3rdstriker

bruce

Contributor
Was at the pub last night and the Sun wolves vs the Argentina team was on. First game of union I have watched in years. I was surprised at the quality, speed and accuracy of passing and how poor it is in league by comparison... from half back and right across the back row. And I believe they are lowly union teams. We seriously look amateurish compared with them.
You are welcome to you opinion, but I couldn't possibly comment 😏

Reactions: Christofolos

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
I say bullshit to that, absolute bullshit. That is the mark of a totally unprofessional and self entitled player. Most coaches in the NRL are arseholes, it goes with the job. So if SK is an arsehole so what?

Look at how Ayshford and Beale cope with being dropped to ISP. They go out an play their best, they are true professionals. Look at how CNK and Mason Lino coped as well.

Look at some of the bros who get dropped, they drop their lips and sulk, like I signed up to be a superstar and be on TV for the family...how dare you take that away from me.

Rant over.

Was Maumalo in the same boat last year ? because he was doing FUCK ALL and one could argue it’s exactly the same with Fusitua. How can you perform if you’re not given the ball??

You’re ASSUMING he’s having a tantrum.

It’s not a FACT.

He could be injured.

He could be playing to the best of his abilities but going through a “slump” just like Maumalo last year when Kaka never gave him the bell.

If Kearney is as METICULOUS as you keep repeating, he’ll know if Fusitua isn’t putting in and you would ASSUME like every good coach, do something about it.

Rant fucking over!!! 😊

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Was Maumalo in the same boat last year ? because he was doing FUCK ALL and one could argue it’s exactly the same with Fusitua. How can you perform if you’re not given the ball??

You’re ASSUMING he’s having a tantrum.

It’s not a FACT.

He could be injured.

He could be playing to the best of his abilities but going through a “slump” just like Maumalo last year when Kaka never gave him the bell.

If Kearney is as METICULOUS as you keep repeating, he’ll know if Fusitua isn’t putting in and you would ASSUME like every good coach, do something about it.

Rant fucking over!!! 😊
Dont want to get between you two love birds and your spat. But if you watch the video of him trundling down the sideline that I am talking about, you'll be pretty fucken dirty on the guy. Yes I am sure there are excuses, but I don't give a shit. It looks like lack of effort to me.

Seen that hit from blair a number of times in real time and slow mo. The ball is still in the picture when he nails him. Even in slow mo it doesn't look late or dangerous. Just a really good tackle. Blows my mind :

1. That it was a penalty
2. It was a send off
3. It was on report and being followed through with a suspension.

I remember a few years ago bellamy and co use to blow up at refs and the following week the ref would be suspended. This would make them more catius when blowing penalties against these coaches knowing more noise would be made about it. Surely somebody in our org whether its the coaches or owners should say something about the rough treatment we've got this year. that game alone had around 3-4 blatant incorrect calls against us.

bruce

Contributor
I think it is clear he has been selecting players "not putting in" all season, Blair the best example.

I don't know what the problem with Fusitua is. It might be lack of confidence with the game plan. I don't know. The difference is that Fusitua has been missing link ups compared with Big Ken getting none last season. He might be carrying injuries because of all the hitting up he is doing, I don't know.

What I do know is that wingers have always been expected to to the early hitups while the forwards catch their breath. A good example from the early Warriors was Sean Hoppe, who took a hitup and walked over Mel Meninga, while still playing Fox.

In the Warrior's case this year the coaches seem to be relying on Big Ken especially do do an amazing amount of work, that should be a bonus as it was in Manu's day, but it isn't, it is replacing what the forwards should be doing. Brainless attitude from a coach IMO.
I remember a few years ago bellamy and co use to blow up at refs and the following week the ref would be suspended
Bellamy has his ref management hands down. Smith isn't polite to the refs, sometimes he is a downright sarcastic prick. Like all good sledgers they know the pressure points and work on them. I reckon they put as much effort into that as wrestling practice.

Seen that hit from blair a number of times in real time and slow mo. The ball is still in the picture when he nails him. Even in slow mo it doesn't look late or dangerous. Just a really good tackle. Blows my mind :

1. That it was a penalty
2. It was a send off
3. It was on report and being followed through with a suspension.

I remember a few years ago bellamy and co use to blow up at refs and the following week the ref would be suspended. This would make them more catius when blowing penalties against these coaches knowing more noise would be made about it. Surely somebody in our org whether its the coaches or owners should say something about the rough treatment we've got this year. that game alone had around 3-4 blatant incorrect calls against us.
I’ve stopped caring about the games like I used to. I believe we can’t complain because it’s not our comp. The NRL is biased against the Warriors. Our team and management know it and we have to accept our place - and it’s most of the reason the players have lacked intensity over the years (would you try hard when your not meant to win). Honestly it’s one step away from pro wrestling with the way favoured teams are set up to win.

The cards are stacked against us with ref consistancy, draw design, cap management blind eyes, judiciary consistancy, travel demands, etc. We’re never meant to challenge the top teams, just be competitive enough to keep tv ratings up in nz.

I’ve stopped caring if we win and try to just enjoy the contests. I was originally a league lover as much as a warriors fan so I just try to appreciate the game.

gREVUS

Contributor
I’ve stopped caring about the games like I used to. I believe we can’t complain because it’s not our comp. The NRL is biased against the Warriors. Our team and management know it and we have to accept our place - and it’s most of the reason the players have lacked intensity over the years (would you try hard when your not meant to win). Honestly it’s one step away from pro wrestling with the way favoured teams are set up to win.

The cards are stacked against us with ref consistancy, draw design, cap management blind eyes, judiciary consistancy, travel demands, etc. We’re never meant to challenge the top teams, just be competitive enough to keep tv ratings up in nz.

I’ve stopped caring if we win and try to just enjoy the contests. I was originally a league lover as much as a warriors fan so I just try to appreciate the game.
IF that were true, then they would make a massive issue of it in NZ, build the anti Australian rivalry to promote each and every game. Actually I think it is a anti Sydney Rivalry as they seem to get the best of it, what with travel etc. But I dont think it is as bad as you make out. Although on game day, I sometimes feel differently.

But seriously, If you want to boost numbers at games, and watching. Complain high, complain low and do it publicly. Make NZ into the ultimate underdog. Kiwis love to support an underdog. Best result would be to get Roger Tuivasa-Sheck sent from the field for questioning a ref during the game. The public would eat it up and the refs would look bad.

IF that were true, then they would make a massive issue of it in NZ, build the anti Australian rivalry to promote each and every game. Actually I think it is a anti Sydney Rivalry as they seem to get the best of it, what with travel etc. But I dont think it is as bad as you make out. Although on game day, I sometimes feel differently.

But seriously, If you want to boost numbers at games, and watching. Complain high, complain low and do it publicly. Make NZ into the ultimate underdog. Kiwis love to support an underdog. Best result would be to get Roger Tuivasa-Sheck sent from the field for questioning a ref during the game. The public would eat it up and the refs would look bad.
We love to support an underdog but not when It’s an unfair contest. Statistically we are over represented in every way you could measure bias.

I posted a number of threads with stats last year that we were being hammered out of games with first half penalties. At half time we were on average 2 penalties behind and only leading the half time penalty count in something like 3 of the first 15 games. As we fell down the ladder - or perhaps after my posts 😉 it seemed to get fairer.

In the judiciary thread today I’ve posted how we are equally the most seen by the match review committee... maybe if I’m loud enough we can change that as well 😂

We love to support an underdog but not when It’s an unfair contest. Statistically we are over represented in every way you could measure bias.

I posted a number of threads with stats last year that we were being hammered out of games with first half penalties. At half time we were on average 2 penalties behind and only leading the half time penalty count in something like 3 of the first 15 games. As we fell down the ladder - or perhaps after my posts 😉 it seemed to get fairer.

In the judiciary thread today I’ve posted how we are equally the most seen by the match review committee... maybe if I’m loud enough we can change that as well 😂

One stat I'd love to see is early vs late tackle penalties. I'm obviously biased, but it always looks to me like that Warriors "square-ups" always occur on second tackle penalties, compared to the opposition getting a lot more 4th or 5th, though they don't help themselves by being bloody terrible at kicking for touch inside their half!

One stat I'd love to see is early vs late tackle penalties. I'm obviously biased, but it always looks to me like that Warriors "square-ups" always occur on second tackle penalties, compared to the opposition getting a lot more 4th or 5th, though they don't help themselves by being bloody terrible at kicking for touch inside their half!
I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs or some of the more astute ones are already recording that.

If it was to be recorded and displayed for the fans during games as an official stat. Not sure how the NRL management and referees would feel about that one. Imagine the coaches at the post match presser pulling out the paper quoting what tackles their penalties occurred.

The stats come along way since the olds days of tackles made, possession %, territory. There are probably a lot more stats similar to you penalties on X tackle that could be recorded.

What tackle are teams most dangerous for scoring, or what tackle do they make their most metres.

gREVUS

Contributor
Did he though? He got sent of at a crucial time and put on report on his 300th game. I think that's injustice enough for a perfectly legal tackle.
Personally, I'm more dirty on the penalty that reversed the game that the warriors should have won against the storm (first time through). That win, would have totally changed everyones perception of the season so far. Knocking off one to the competitions leaders at home. That was a bigger call IMO and a bigger error.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Personally, I'm more dirty on the penalty that reversed the game that the warriors should have won against the storm (first time through). That win, would have totally changed everyones perception of the season so far. Knocking off one to the competitions leaders at home. That was a bigger call IMO and a bigger error.

It’s sad that we have to argue which time was the worst fucking by the refs lol