Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • E

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • F

Votes: 64 55.2%

• Total voters
Heres the thing with the ruck penalties square up.
The three or four penalties we received in the first half were justified for Melbourne being too long on the tackled player, yet I was surprised we got them.
The penalties Melbourne received we were not on them for too long, certainly not for the same time that they lay on us. If that was the benchmark, we should have had another 10 penalties throughout the game.
On another note, Melbourne should have been down to 11 for repeated infringements.

Despite that, we were not good enough in the second half.

Where was the urgency when we were behind. Short kick offs, ball movement, second phase play. I could go on.

As someone mentioned before, where is our variation on attack.
Get the ball two passes wide to Ken and Fusitua when they cart it back where the defence is thinner.

We don't have the cattle to win this comp but we should at least be competitive every week and not have these fade outs.

I no longer trust the process. I thought attack was the final phase but that has not changed.

Playing with 12 men would appear to be something that the Storm actually thrive on:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/08/stat-attack-which-nrl-teams-cope-best-and-worst-with-sin-bins/

Difficult to make excuses for a 32-10 scoreline, however the most defining moments in the game for me were:

Smith's conversation with Perenara after Nikorima's try. Up until that point the refs were having zero tolerance for Storm infringements and we were winning the play the ball. Whatever he said had the desired effect.

Satae's high shot on Addo-Carr. We had that set under control, the kick was easily defused and we would have gone into half-time with a 10-2 buffer.

The mess on the ground that led to Hughe's try straight after halftime. Looked like they were playing union for a moment. Not sure how it ended up play on, but in hindsight Papalii would have been better risking a penalty by not giving up the ball while they were wrestling on the ground. Would have gone to 10-10 instead of 14-10.

The Storm playing roulette with the refs on their try-line before and after the sin-binning. There were multiple infringements in the ensuing set that Beale got bundled out into touch which went unnoticed. At one stage when Lawton took a quick tap about 12m out from the try-line he was tackled by the retreating Storm defenders which should have been a professional foul call. The Storm completely played the refs during that period and probably knew there was no way they were going to end up with 11 on the field. It was their best method of stopping any sort of momentum in its tracks.
Spot on Jonsey about playing the reffs and the momentum change after the Smith ticking off the referees. It's a shocking situation. It only adds to the theory about last year, we were 6 from 7 (or so) at the start when the refs were playing by the rules.... where were the Storm and others...Sharks for example. Clearly this did not suit the NRLs desired outcome, so back to flexibility where the outcome can easily be modified.

We try the same stuff and get pulled up every time... but no one says a word during the game or afterwards. Act like the Titans, get treat like the Titans...etc. Sydney press are not gonna say anything for sure.

Not trying to make excuses, just stating the bleeding obvious and suggesting it's time someone said something more formal.

I thought the bench did fuck all tbh...difference for mine was when the interchanges came in. Momentum was lost - Burr was terrible, came right in a gave away crucial penalties as did Satae.

Once the going got tough, same shit happened.

This is why someone like Jazz is so appreciated - he brings energy, effort, a second wind.

That never came today and we were fucked for it.

Most worrying sign is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck drop in form. He doesn’t look right out there and even his ever glowing enthusiasm has worn thin now.

It’s not fair man. We get a glimmer of hope and yet find ourselves back in this familiar position of despair. Fuck me.

Another Warrioresque performance from a badly coached team who have no fucking idea what to do when they get in the red zone. Gave it up at 20 mins in the second half, first time this year. We start well. Things are going swimmingly then boom. We give up penalties, make errors and lose whatever momentum we had. Lips go down, shoulders slump and game over.

Hate to say it but we missed Jazz and Herbert tonight, no energy there when needed. I'm over these numbnut coaches, surely even the Jersey Flegg coach would be better than this.

As a fan I'm disappointed and pissed off that the coaching staff have made no progress at all with this side this year. These bastards are taking my support for granted and basically giving me the finger. Annoyed and frustrated but unfortunately will tune in for next weeks what the fuck episode.

And all while Kearney probably keeps saying, “it worked for us last year for the first 7 rounds I can’t understand what’s going on” like I mentioned earlier when the cameras panned to Iro, Kearney and Payton late in the match these guys dont have a clue how to fix this, there is no plan B. I see Brad Arther has ripped in to his players questioning whether they want to be full or part time League players maybe Kearney needs to do the same?

Cameron Smith is exactly what we need at the warriors
Did anyone else notice once her warmed the rrefs up
His other clones Munster an the fullback started with the
Little chats with the refs . The storm are going to go seemlessly
From season to season .Even when he retires .
An it's because of guys like Cameron Smith .True leaders .
There is a difference between a good player an a leader.
Something we have not learned at the warriors ..

Spot on Jonsey about playing the reffs and the momentum change after the Smith ticking off the referees. It's a shocking situation. It only adds to the theory about last year, we were 6 from 7 (or so) at the start when the refs were playing by the rules.... where were the Storm and others...Sharks for example. Clearly this did not suit the NRLs desired outcome, so back to flexibility where the outcome can easily be modified.

We try the same stuff and get pulled up every time... but no one says a word during the game or afterwards. Act like the Titans, get treat like the Titans...etc. Sydney press are not gonna say anything for sure.

Not trying to make excuses, just stating the bleeding obvious and suggesting it's time someone said something more formal.
For those first 6 or 7 rounds last year the game didn't suffer as a result of the clamp-down on repeated calculated infringements. If anything it made for a far more exciting game than what we are seeing at the moment. Its the only way we'll ever get rid of the garbage that took place last night.

Reactions: WellingtonOrca
I agree. Support play in general has disappeared from the Warriors. We used to be great at it in years gone by. Bring back the attack by supporting a play. Watching it from a distance doesn’t generate jack. We need to start coaching it into our juniors. It has to start from grass roots & carry through all the way to 1st grade.
If SK can’t be moved on as coach then the dead weight has to go from the players ranks.... Blair should be the first one out the door. We need his salary to buy a mongrel forward. Luke needs to go as he’s well past his prime. Kata & Beale off to ESL.
Herbert has been a great example of a kid given a chance & running with it. We need more players with his commitment & work ethic.
...is delusional thinking. Yes, there are players that have to go. But do you really think (a) he'll replace them with contracts that the club will want? (b) if they're any good he won't kill their talent in a few short months? (c) there's any point in making any changes while numSKull and his cohorts are still there?
If there's any improvement you know as well as I do that it'll only be short term and therefore only prolong the agony. This coach is so good that - as you say - support play has gone. Out the window. Along with all hope.

Kearney has to go.

...is delusional thinking. Yes, there are players that have to go. But do you really think (a) he'll replace them with contracts that the club will want? (b) if they're any good he won't kill their talent in a few short months? (c) there's any point in making any changes while numSKull and his cohorts are still there?
If there's any improvement you know as well as I do that it'll only be short term and therefore only prolong the agony. This coach is so good that - as you say - support play has gone. Out the window. Along with all hope.

Kearney has to go.
I agree with you 100% FuNQie. SK needs to go. Just frustrating that they won’t do it. Trying to find an alternative to save a sinking ship. Of course it’s a stalling tactic at best.
Such a shame as NZ deserves a sound club to bring out the talent that we all know we have. Instead the talent goes overseas through ineptitude on the clubs behalf.

At least among the mostly rubbish we turned on the occasional moments of entertaining spectacle that actually made me want to watch the game.

The way we're playing reminds me of the 8 on a trot we lost after Shaun Johnson did his ankle......we had nothing.....and the real depressing thing its looking more and more obvious given the roster and coaching plus the numnuts in charge who give a coach who's had only 1 passable season out of 4, and sign a clearly past it 32 year old forward on big money both 3 year exstensions, that it aint changing anytime soon.
Absolutely sums it up and now the problem is that all the dickheads who created and now perpetuate the current state of affairs (disgraceful and embarrassing mess) have a vested interest ( their monthly pay packet) to protect the status quo or they won't get paid.
Included in this group of fraudsters and pretenders are Ownership group hangers on, Head Office management and staff, Coaching and support staff and a fair few of the players.
Don't expect any change until the owners say stuff this and let's start again.
Also don't hold your breathe because I don't think the owners have the money required.

In summary we need a mega rich owner who only wants to win at all cost,does not accept mediocrity and is prepared to spend a lot of their cash and happens to be a diehard Warrior fan before becoming involved.
It has been 25 years and we haven't come across one of these people yet...........we are the Cronulla Sharks.

playdaball

Heritage Member
A bit of perspective... the Storm are top of the table, have years of building a system/ culture/ team and have Cam Smith and Bellamy running the show (who are the reason the Storms are the top team over the past decade).

Man for man they are better than us. I honestly don’t know why anyone is surprised by the result.

Defeats against the Tigers, Cowboys and Manly earlier in the season tell me a lot more about where this team is at.

We’ve had 25 years to build a culture and SK has had a few years putting his mark on this team.
Man for man we have players that are better than the Storm ( on paper), I refer to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Harris, Green, Big Ken, these players would get a start in the Storm starting XIII.
After the Manly and Tigers games I was convinced that we were not going to make the 8. We just don’t have it - go forward from the props, speed, attacking abiLity to score tries, X factor, 80 minutes game, back up from the reserve grade side, bench rotation, a consistent kicking game ... just to name a few points.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Playing with 12 men would appear to be something that the Storm actually thrive on:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/08/stat-attack-which-nrl-teams-cope-best-and-worst-with-sin-bins/

Difficult to make excuses for a 32-10 scoreline, however the most defining moments in the game for me were:

Smith's conversation with Perenara after Nikorima's try. Up until that point the refs were having zero tolerance for Storm infringements and we were winning the play the ball. Whatever he said had the desired effect.

Satae's high shot on Addo-Carr. We had that set under control, the kick was easily defused and we would have gone into half-time with a 10-2 buffer.

The mess on the ground that led to Hughe's try straight after halftime. Looked like they were playing union for a moment. Not sure how it ended up play on, but in hindsight Papalii would have been better risking a penalty by not giving up the ball while they were wrestling on the ground. Would have gone to 10-10 instead of 14-10.

The Storm playing roulette with the refs on their try-line before and after the sin-binning. There were multiple infringements in the ensuing set that Beale got bundled out into touch which went unnoticed. At one stage when Lawton took a quick tap about 12m out from the try-line he was tackled by the retreating Storm defenders which should have been a professional foul call. The Storm completely played the refs during that period and probably knew there was no way they were going to end up with 11 on the field. It was their best method of stopping any sort of momentum in its tracks.
The ref actually called that player out and he still got involved, and the ref did nothing

Reactions: jonesy101 and bruce

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
A bit of perspective... the Storm are top of the table, have years of building a system/ culture/ team and have Cam Smith and Bellamy running the show (who are the reason the Storms are the top team over the past decade).

Man for man they are better than us. I honestly don’t know why anyone is surprised by the result.

Defeats against the Tigers, Cowboys and Manly earlier in the season tell me a lot more about where this team is at.

A bit of perspective..... we need to sake Stephen Kearney and his journeymen team.
Don’t want to hear that nonsense we can’t sack another coach!

yes, yes we can!!! and should!!!!!

It will take massive balls to do it. So Cameron George. You got massive balls or not?????

Could this be the first year that the club’s Peoples’ Choice award doesn’t go to a player, but goes to the warriors supporters?

I feel like we deserve something for heading out to the stadium each game in the freezing cold to watch the same old crap

Reactions: Loyal B