Votes: 43 39.4%
  • F-

Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Losing is never good. I'd rather lose like that in a tight game than get wiped off the park like the Tigers and Manly loses.

What wasn't ideal was how disjointed we looked with the ball. We had enough possession and enough decent sets in their 20. A few sets off the back of penalties or turnovers were thrown away to quickly with some pretty risky passes.

The Broncos defended well and for both sides it was always going to be a tough ask to keep the other side out for the full 80. They have a class play in Milford who only needed one chance and he took advantage of it.

After they scored pretty late in the game it was always going to be tough to get it back as we don't look like we have long range tries in us. So we need to get field position first.

Guvna Mac

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2015
Broncs defence was exceptional. Around the 60 min mark they only had 4 missed tackles that is unheard of in todays game. Yeah maybe attack wasnt great but sometimes you just gotta give the opposition credit for being the better team on the day. Anyway 1st loss in a long time tome that hasnt left me angry, boys tried hard and the ref didnt fuck us.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Yeah, after this game I'm thinking we need replacements for Sao and Blair despite Blair having a solid game. How much better would the Warriors be with a decent half and a couple of forwards like Hass and Lodge, both those guys were monsters nexxt to our guys
Yet it's not the size that beat us. It was Milford icing the one opportunity he got that won it. Ken being on his flank when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck passed there might have earned us a golden point extra time.

I thought we did well. Just need to tweak the attack.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
should have kicked the 2nd pen and not missed the other one would have put more pressure on the bronks

2 penalties is only pressure for the Warriors, not Aussie teams playing the Warriors. The reality is for the past 25 years the mantra has been just stick in there and they'll fall off.

It seemed like it was a tactical decision to bomb Isaako at every opportunity. I bet there was no alternate option devised by the coaching team.

Which is weird because he is Fusitua Jnr...

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yet it's not the size that beat us. It was Milford icing the one opportunity he got that won it. Ken being on his flank when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck passed there might have earned us a golden point extra time.

I would argue that those guys are walls on defence, that has to be the reason the Warriors kept trying to go around them

Those guys were metre eating machines

If you give 2 120kg guys the amount of ball we had 10 metres out, its just a matter of time before they create numbers or just roll through themselves

Super Freak

Brisbane Broncos Bench Player
Apr 13, 2018
Good luck tonight guys.

Warriors to flog us. We'll come out flat after such a big game last week.

Sorry guys. I like the Warriors but I just had to jinx them considering they were playing the Broncos.

I thought it was a great game, you guys might disagree. A very tough game. Broncos certainly did benefit from some calls late in the second half. It probably would have been better if Warriors didn't get so many penalties in the first half as the square ups were inevitable.

It to me highlights a big issue in the game, the game management from the refs. It seems it's better to concede a bunch of penalties earlier as you're pretty good odds of receiving some favourable calls late in the game.

I think Warriors can hold their heads high. They didn't lose due to a lack of effort tonight, it was just a costly miss at a crucial stage of the game that lost it for them in the end. They kept the Broncos pretty well contained.

In saying that, I'm pretty proud of my Broncos. To come up with that kind of defensive effort a second week in a row in NZ, outstanding.

I look forward to our second meeting.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Was Todd Payton our attack coach a prop? Sure feels like it. Stacey Jones has a lot to answer for as well. Bring back Cappy.

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks how the opposition gets a mandatory 8m while we get 10m??
Bring back Cappy?
Our only attack was Shaun Johnson .
Green is mud
Either we learn how to execute set plays
Or we pay big dollars for someone to win us games
An moan when they can't carry this club on their own

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018

Need to have the players to make an attack work. We don't.

Don't have the tackle breakers at second row, the speed on the edges or the power up the middle.

We can tweak our attack, but as long as we attack like robots waiting for the defence to screw up we won't go very far.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Anyone else watch the Canterbury Cup game. Chanel Harris-Tavita has a better kicking game than Green. Maybe Chanel Harris-Tavita is on the bench and replaces Green at the back end of both halves. Tohu Harris would be better but he is carrying an injury.
Brains trust need to find an answer to replacing Green too slow runs sideways ordinary kicks.

Said it in the game thread actually. Chanel Harris-Tavita's game management (for the most part) was far superior to Green. Provided we don't ship him off or he gets the shits, could bode very well for our future at least. I expected his kicking to be his career long weakness.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Off topic slightly where is Ata Hingano. Canberra last year now where? Lino languishing in reserves at Newcastle.
We had a couple but shipped em off and bought GrandadGreen

Reactions: Big_Fattz

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Just got back from the game.

Never noticed it until now but Green is a pedestrian. He is so fucking slow with this dummies and passes. And he kicks like an old man.

You’ll never beat or fool the opposition line with old legs.

Everything just looked slow in my eyes which is why the Broncos were never troubled defensively.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Just got back from the game.

Never noticed it until now but Green is a pedestrian. He is so fucking slow with this dummies and passes. And he kicks like an old man.

You’ll never beat or fool the opposition line with old legs.

Everything just looked slow in my eyes which is why the Broncos were never troubled defensively.

Our attack has been slow all year, for multiple seasons.

Loopy passes, out of position players, and why do we need a one out settler every single time before our kicks?

There's very little independent thought going on out there.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings