• B

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • C

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • F-

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Npwarrior

We were reasonably good, they were horrible. They should have scored twice in the first half if it wasn’t for poor errors. Great defence though, we held together pretty good for the majority of the game. Nikorima is looking like a great buy, half the pricethan Shaun Johnson and doing the same so far.

Reactions: 2 users

Magic Johnson

decent performance good games from the likes of ken, herbert, nikorima, papalii, we lost a lot of shape when Luke went off, he was good early on, lawton wasn't great this week, but gee Penrith have some issues, everyones blaming there halves bur they are consistently getting ball going sideways/backwards, there dummy halves and middles need to give them something to work with, I'd be looking for a hooker and a prop quick smart if i was Ivan.

Reactions: 1 user

Npwarrior

Thats an A+ performance....but many small minded pretenders will give them a B.
...even tho none would ever have worked as hard as those players tonight.
People often down grade the Warriors coz they think makes them some kind of conossiuer lol fark off that was brilliant from us.
How can you give it an a+. If we played like that in the finals we would be gone in the 1st week easily against a top team

Reactions: 8 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

James Tamou sounded like he should be placed on suicide watch with that interview...... dam!

Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

It's already a fine weekend... Warriors Fans Rejoice... self belief is gonna lift us for sure.... if Kodi could kick and read a game... is he a Stacey Jones Clone?
Blake Green has seen better days... sorry to say... ENJOY!
Blocker said we haven't had a running half like him since Stacey Jones. Johnson's only been gone a season and he's already forgotten. Unless he was talking about being similar due to statue as well.

kikau is dangerous with the ball but he would come here and be lazy and useless.
I would still take cleary jnr
Fisher Harris maybe
The Paasi try was a good example for Kikau. A good observation by Blocker. Instead of backing off to get in line for the next play he should of been in there helping his team mates stop the current play. Should be getting roast during their post game reviews.

Paasi though. How good was that try. It's usually like something we concede through the middle. Great leg drive and determination.

Reactions: 7 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Are we going to be the one team Ivan Cleary makes a Grand Final with?

I get the increasing suspicion we might be...Which says nothing good about his coaching, when you get down to it.

I'm quite behind the 3 penalties/3 kicks thing, personally. More practice can't be a bad thing. When there's more on the line than just 2 competition points, that's the decision the team will have to make...

Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thats an A+ performance....but many small minded pretenders will give them a B.
...even tho none would ever have worked as hard as those players tonight.
People often down grade the Warriors coz they think makes them some kind of conossiuer lol fark off that was brilliant from us.
Bit righteous there mate. 13 errors, 9 penalties, 27 missed tackles, 21 ineffective, 74% completion rate and two soft tries at the end suggests you might be overselling it but what do I know? I'm just a pretender 🙄😂...

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Blocker saying we have strike all over the park is getting a bit carried away. Think he is getting into the big Warriors forwards and exciting throw the ball everywhere Warrior ball cliches.

We don't look like scoring from a long way out.

We look like a team that needs to earn their points. Get up the field and take our opportunities when they present themselves. We did that tonight.
I kinda see it like blocker, look at where the attack is coming from, We got Jazz, Luke Lawton under the dot. Harris, Paasi and Ah Mahu, either side of the posts, then we get into Hiku and Herbert. The wingers and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. A play maker leading the team and a new boy Kodi, who can break the line.

To me that's pretty much across the park. Lawton, Herbert and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck give us some speed from further back.

Give the team a few more weeks to gell, and barring injury its gonna be exciting when they come up against the storm again.

Reactions: 6 users
snake77

snake77

Last weeks game was technically a home game. But still this is two wins away from Mt Smart.

We get to return to Mt Smart next week. A reasonably tough task still but should have confidence to push for 3 in a row.

Reactions: 1 users
Aman

Aman

Luke responded really well after getting dropped last week and if Kearney was watching and reacting and instead looking at the sub sheet he would have bought him back sooner. Boys defence and attack was the best we’ve seen all year in the first half. Understandably intensity dropped in the second a bit but they played strong all game. B+

Sup42

Sup42

How can you give it an a+. If we played like that in the finals we would be gone in the 1st week easily against a top team
Mate it's all relative but I see a pattern of but hurt Warriors fans always berating the opposition when our team blasts them out of the contest. I guarantee you those people saving up their A pluses have only given a few in twenty years.

That's their prerogative but I dont think that's realistic grading, and I think they miss when their teams going well for fear of next week when they are not.

The defence in that game was A plus alone, what else are people expecting? Melbourne? the Roosters? Get real we dont have their cheating Rosters.

We are a weaker team on paper man for man with serious NZ league handicaps, and therefore should be judged by that standard and not some greatly advantaged other team mindset.

We went into that game the underdog and thumped them....so give them a B,,,,yeah lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

kurgal

I thought they were incredible. Especially their defensive effort. Proud of the boys.

The days of Penrith being the "comeback kings" seem well and truly gone now...

RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Had terrifying flash backs when I saw Matt Elliot in the background when Blake was being interviewed after the game just then,,,

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
We did some really good things, mixed with some real mediocre things.

13 errors, and 27 missed tackles is still not good enough. A team that wasn't as terrible as Penrith, and it would have been a lot closer.

Take the win, and hope we can finally put together a decent performance for the fans next week at home against the Donkeys. Would be good to get 3 wins on the trot going into the bye.

Raw Power

Raw Power

Are we going to be the one team Ivan Cleary makes a Grand Final with?

I get the increasing suspicion we might be...Which says nothing good about his coaching, when you get down to it.

I'm quite behind the 3 penalties/3 kicks thing, personally. More practice can't be a bad thing. When there's more on the line than just 2 competition points, that's the decision the team will have to make...
DON'T GET ME STARTED! my biggest complaint about the Cleary/Warriors era was we would always make our way up field easy but had no idea how to finish... Kick to Manu was the only option.... having said that... we could have added more points if Green could kick to the Fusitua like Shaun Johnson used to!

Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Blocker said we haven't had a running half like him since Stacey Jones. Johnson's only been gone a season and he's already forgotten.

To be fair, Stacey is still running around the field every game.

Also Blocker is a pituitary retard.

• Haha

Magic Johnson

Green was pretty poor i thought, a few really bad kicks either nowhere near deep enough or grubbers that went to far, didn't really offer much decent ball out to the likes of Hiku, Fusitua either, makes the Nikorima signing even more important