Team List NRL 2019 Round 1 - Warriors vs Bulldogs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence

Defence

On the back of one dropped goal? :rolleyes:...and he is about 23 already.

He did have some pretty good games last year tbf.
He won't be afforded the same time and space this year though.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
He did have some pretty good games last year tbf.
He won't be afforded the same time and space this year though.
Is he much better than AK.?It seems AK was let go for Foran, or do I have that wrong?

Reactions: 1 user
JBmurc

JBmurc

Barely anyone is lamenting the loss of Mannering, when it was inconceivable that we could function without him 2 years ago. At that stage his loss would have meant the club would fall apart to opposition that scored cricket scores every week.

This alone shows how far this team has come. And for this reason I feel confident that we will have a strong first three rounds. If not, we are in for a hailstorm of shit this year.

I will be devastated if we lose to the Dogs. Lewis looks an exciting player, but they are pretty dour.

I feel the team refined a much better culture last year which showed through in some cracking D and wins over some of the best teams .. fitness was next level.. I want to see the basics done well and we will smash the Pups

Defence

Defence

Is he much better than AK.?It seems AK was let go for Foran, or do I have that wrong?

Don't know mate- can't remember ever seeing AK play before apart from the last trial and can't take much out of that so at this stage Lewis has some runs on the board and AK doesn't.

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Barely anyone is lamenting the loss of Mannering, when it was inconceivable that we could function without him 2 years ago. At that stage his loss would have meant the club would fall apart to opposition that scored cricket scores every week.

This alone shows how far this team has come. And for this reason I feel confident that we will have a strong first three rounds. If not, we are in for a hailstorm of shit this year.

I will be devastated if we lose to the Dogs. Lewis looks an exciting player, but they are pretty dour.
His form slumped unexpectedly so low. It was obvious he was one season too long.

Reactions: 5 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Somebody posted that Papa had been drinking quite a bit, point one, point two he should have known the check point was there, apparently they do it all the time.

The guy who worries me is Corey Harawira Naera. He was a good buy.
It doesn't matter. It was the day after and he drove like 50m off road. Don't mind me. I have issues with traffic policing.

Reactions: 1 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

Do you reckon Warriors fans are going to give Dylan Napa a load of stick.

Is there going to be "Big Papi" signs & chants at the game. :D

• Haha
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
His form slumped unexpectedly so low. It was obvious he was one season too long.

Yes, he was definitely showing some frailty.

My post was more in reference to the fact that we have the structure and cattle to slot guys in and out without major disruption, which we definitely didn't have two years ago. Mannering's form is a moot point in that regard.

Lino gets a lot of credit for his efforts last year, but that was down to the team's structure and attitude for me. I think we will be able to carry weaker halfs at times during the season (more than the Aussies think), but they will be the difference that loses us games too.

ryno

ryno

There also seems to be no love for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in the dally m stakes this year: they don’t realise that he hasn’t even reached his final form yet...

Form

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

It doesn't matter. It was the day after and he drove like 50m off road. Don't mind me. I have issues with traffic policing.

I li e in Gisborne and it is really well advertised about the risk of driving in the mornings at R&V. Wake up call to us all rrally.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
My optimism and spirits are rising. Kata on the right, couple of tries to 'Fusitua and Inruin will be gagging for it. lol

Question is where does the “put a decent winger outside him and he’ll pass” argument go if Kata still doesn’t pass?
For what it’s worth i think that combo is going to be lethal, what excites me as much is that’ll open up space on the other side for Ken

Swanley

Swanley

Thinking more about this, I'm not really happy with AK playing. Watching him during the trial, he was a spectator when partnered with Green. Yes he's probably the safer option but I'm really struggling to see what else he offers.

So if Green is targeted, which he will be, we are in trouble.

We could easily lose this game.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Thinking more about this, I'm not really happy with AK playing. Watching him during the trial, he was a spectator when partnered with Green. Yes he's probably the safer option but I'm really struggling to see what else he offers.

So if Green is targeted, which he will be, we are in trouble.

We could easily lose this game.

IMO he is the best option. Good boot, goalkicker, physically poweful. He has been what most young Kiwi players havent, developed. Also his fitness has been addressed which can only help.

Players have to start somewhere, hood luck to him.

If the Dogs concentrate on our Halves that means room for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck etc.

Swanley

Swanley

IMO he is the best option. Good boot, goalkicker, physically poweful. He has been what most young Kiwi players havent, developed. Also his fitness has been addressed which can only help.

Players have to start somewhere, hood luck to him.

If the Dogs concentrate on our Halves that means room for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck etc.
I'm not disagreeing with any of this.

but watching the trial, he might as well have been sitting in the stands when partnered with Green.

Reactions: 2 users
shuffle

shuffle

but watching the trial, he might as well have been sitting in the stands when partnered with Green.
I noticed this too. It seemed that all the pressure was taken off AK. I think given time he’ll offer more.

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Lewis seems a lot more developed as a first grader than AK right now but I guess the game on Saturday will give us a better idea.

Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

I have been a bit surprised about the lack of chat after losing Mannering, the main area we will miss him is when we are on the back foot or on our goal line he would do a one on one ball and all tackle and kill their momentum, he was second to none in the NRL at that.

The Dogs bet us with their second phase in a game where we were clearly the better side last year.

As for Lewis, surely he has been figured out by now. Everyone was remarking about how much time he had because he would stand outrageously deep in the pocket to do his cross field kicks and it frustrated teams that they couldn't get to him. Because he stands so deep though, he is forced into kicking so someone chasing out aggressively from marker carries less risk and it means the wing and centre can play deep and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can cheat to that side of the field.

Reactions: 3 users
FuNQie

FuNQie

...we’ll probably win, we may lose........but what I’m most excited about is whether Kata is actually gonna pass to Fusitua!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Fazz

Fazz

Yeah, it was pretty concerning tbh. He seemed to go into his shell badly. Hopefully the staff have been working with him to show more confidence. Although I'm a little worried it's the opposite and they've been coaching him to 'keep it simple'.

That said, if he can handle long kicking, goal kicking and distribution, I think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Tohu Harris and Green will be able to handle the play making when we're on the attack. Luke will also be huge when he's back - another playmaking option / threat.

Juju

The Dogs bet us with their second phase in a game where we were clearly the better side last year.
Its funny reading the Kennel forum. A few posters were saying they were clearly the better side on the day and should of beaten us by much more last year. They really do think we're mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.