Post Match NRL 2019 - Round 1 - Warriors vs Bulldogs Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Qlder

Soward is a fuck head

Business as usual then for the little hobbit....
  1. Dec 18 2018 - Slams Warriors for "backstabbing" Shaun Johnson
  2. Feb 6 2019 - Picks Warriors halves to be the second worst in the competition
  3. Mar 7 2019 - Warriors to drop out of the top 8 this year
  4. Mar 18 2019 - Power ranking of 12 in NRL.com after round 1, based on the fact that it was won on "emotion" and the doggies were poor..
  5. Oct 6 2019 - Worst ever winner of an NRL Grand Final says Jamie Soward, after his beloved Dragons were totally outclassed 40-6 by the Warriors. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Check out nrl.com's power rankings hahahaha.... the salt is real with this one

Not sure if you can take an article seriously that says the Sharks played well and has the Tigers moving up 3 places(2 above us) after playing an awful Manly yet doesn’t give us any credit because we beat an “easy” team.
Soward is worse than clueless

Reactions: 6 users

wrighty

Additional thoughts now I have had some time to digest

1) As good as we all expected Ah Mau to be, I think we are going to find him to be even better than we anticipated. In two months from now I expect a third of the forum to regard him as our most valuable player.

2) SK is the best coach at developing players I have ever seen in any sport. Cricket, soccer, union you name it. He may not be the best at other aspects of coaching, specifically he seems to have favourites and develop blind spots to their weaknesses. But he is the best teaching coach I have seen.
Examples
a) Ken Maumalo used to be the worst wing in the NRL by some considerable distance. He is now a starting wing for the Kiwis.

b) Peta Hiku last year was the worse defensive centre in the league (as shown by missed tackles). This year in pre season he had a whole new technique and he tackled well. On saturday, heaven forbid he ran up and did a spot tackle. I couldn't believe my eyes. I think if Hiku continues to tackle well then out centres are going to be more than adequate this season. SK and the coaching team taught him that during the off season.

Reactions: 6 users
JBmurc

JBmurc

Well, time for the Dolce Gusto and watch NRL 360. :D

Most likely we will get the same as we did from Matty J show ... Bulldogs are Mud will take out the wooden spoon as to why the warriors looked good.

But when it came the Rabbits/Rooters well of course they are going to the GF

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Most likely we will get the same as we did from Matty J show ... Bulldogs are Mud will take out the wooden spoon as to why the warriors looked good.

But when it came the Rabbits/Rooters well of course they are going to the GF
I caught the Controversy corner before NRL 360. They were giving it to Buzz about the Warriors wooden spoon, and then hardly mentioned them. Then as you say the Bulldogs made the Warriors look good. What can you expect, they are Aussies.

I cannot recall the Warriors getting mentioned on NRL 360 at all, maybe I missed something.

The big laugh was on the idiot machine Peter Beattie. He congratulated Laurie Nicholls on the Tigers winning on Twitter. Laurie has been dead for almost 20 years :oops::eek:. That guy is a major dropkick:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

Not sure if you can take an article seriously that says the Sharks played well and has the Tigers moving up 3 places(2 above us) after playing an awful Manly yet doesn’t give us any credit because we beat an “easy” team.
Soward is worse than clueless

The thing that pisses me off is that he actually has a clue, the guy knows footy but like a certain segment of Aussie commentators/analysts doesn't even hide their bias. See Slothfield, Roach etc

AusWarriorsFan

I think everyone needs to take a step back. Yea the game was great but how much can we really judge. All the talk is just nuts, Kata has changed forever, Burr is the new Mannering, AK is better than Johnson, Green will run the game like clockwork, Hiku can tackle et etc. My god
Ah Mau is sorely missed over at the Dragons.

For sure. But Im not knocking Ah Mau, what Im saying is at a time when the club was stretched for funds he was not a necessary purchase if in fact given other requirements following quite a dodgy purchase>

Now so far things are working out and we have Magic Princess cash so its not a crisis.

That is all I was trying to say.

Did we need him? No. Do we need him? No. Can it hurt to have him at that amount of cash for 3 years? Time will tell but I dont think so.

He also pushes out some of the guys just making the cut which is a good thing. And if he can improve his aerobic levels even further over 3 years we will get even more time out of him.

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

For sure. But Im not knocking Ah Mau, what Im saying is at a time when the club was stretched for funds he was not a necessary purchase if in fact given other requirements following quite a dodgy purchase>

Now so far things are working out and we have Magic Princess cash so its not a crisis.

That is all I was trying to say.

Did we need him? No. Do we need him? No. Can it hurt to have him at that amount of cash for 3 years? Time will tell but I dont think so.

He also pushes out some of the guys just making the cut which is a good thing. And if he can improve his aerobic levels even further over 3 years we will get even more time out of him.

Ah I see.

Apparently we got him for the same ball park that we would have been paying Gavet.

Its a good trade one for one in cap dollars.

Reactions: 5 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Not yet. Rating system is being developed and prob a month away.

Preemptive feedback/request- I gave up on the old rating system as I usually use my phone(iPhone) and my fat fingers often hit the wrong rating and with lag I got too frustrated to change and often gave up :p

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Preemptive feedback/request- I gave up on the old rating system as I usually use my phone(iPhone) and my fat fingers often hit the wrong rating and with lag I got too frustrated to change and often gave up :p
Yeah agreed. The new system will have sliders. Defaulted at 3/10. One button at end to save ratings rather than each individual ones which took time to process and ppl gave up on.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
No idea where to post this but I am flying in from Aus the day before the Titans game and I want to stay and watch game before going home to the Waikato. I am not familiar with Auckland at all, where is good to pre/post drink around the airport/stadium. Trying to work out where to stay etc
Family Bar on K Road for all your RL needs my friend. Beautiful little spot.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users