General NRL 2019 Finals Week 2 - General Discussion

He can be a grub for sure but he is the best league player I have even seen hands down (with possibly the exception of Slater).
That's part of the reason opposition supporters hate him so much. That and his supposed manipulation of the refs. But this is more a skill he has honed over time.

I guarantee if Smith was playing for the Warriors every one of us would love him.
I hated Billy the kid for the same reason.
Because he was so so good.

Admired and talked him up him when he wasn't playing my team or country though.

Craig Wing,Matty Bowen to fill my top 3 players to hate when playing the Warriors but loved watching piss every other team off.

Reactions: 1 users
I guarantee if Smith was playing for the Warriors every one of us would love him.
Far from every one of us. I guarantee it.

He's just that good you can't help but hate him.
It’s nothing to do with how ‘good’ he is that I dislike him immensely. For me he personifies the very worst in a player. I know that some admire those who push the envelope (stretch the rulebook) to the extreme, who are determined to win at all costs, never mind the rights and wrongs of a situation. I don’t.

His disregard for decency extends to the physical well-being of opponents. We all know this. Alex McKinnon? He is intrinsic to the way the Storm plays, and they have played with the chicken wing, the crusher, never mind the consequences. His attitude to right and wrong is this: I don’t care how wrongly I act, if it leads to a win, then that’s great.
And I haven’t yet mentioned his signing 2 contracts to lie and deceive the NRL and everyone in the game.

People want there to be fairness in life, right? Know this. There’s no point in putting out that desire if at the same time you welcome cheating...to win at all costs. No point at all. It is not possible to live in a fair world and talk up someone who personifies unfairness, lying, the complete disregard for the physical well being of others, and so on.

I hope you can get what I’m saying.

(I take back what I said, tho, about wishing him to be injured badly. I wish him to understand about himself and his moral bankruptcy, and to come back to the reality of the being in that physical body.)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

It’s nothing to do with how ‘good’ he is that I dislike him immensely. For me he personifies the very worst in a player. I know that some admire those who push the envelope (stretch the rulebook) to the extreme, who are determined to win at all costs, never mind the rights and wrongs of a situation. I don’t.

His disregard for decency extends to the physical well-being of opponents. We all know this. Alex McKinnon? He is intrinsic to the way the Storm plays, and they have played with the chicken wing, the crusher, never mind the consequences. His attitude to right and wrong is this: I don’t care how wrongly I act, if it leads to a win, then that’s great.
And I haven’t yet mentioned his signing 2 contracts to lie and deceive the NRL and everyone in the game.

People want there to be fairness in life, right? Know this. There’s no point in putting out that desire if at the same time you welcome cheating...to win at all costs. No point at all. It is not possible to live in a fair world and talk up someone who personifies unfairness, lying, the complete disregard for the physical well being of others, and so on.

(I take back what I said, tho, about wishing him to be injured badly. I wish him to understand about himself and his moral bankruptcy, and to come back to the reality of the being in that physical body.)

"It is not possible to live in a fair world and talk up someone who personifies unfairness"

I think we just live in different worlds so completely understand your feelings if you base them on that assumption.

Reactions: 1 user

Get outta here with your fairness bro, that's commie talk. Is Darwin's theory of natural selection fair? Moral bankruptcy? The capitalist world would collapse if we believed in fairness, we're just not that evolved yet and Cam knows knows it, you don't get to captain the Kangaroos without being the biggest cheating cu** in an entire country of criminals, he'll be their prime minister one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users