General NRL 2019 Finals Week 1 - General Discussion

Fearmuss

Fearmuss

Can some trainspotter help me? I understand Madge got the boot from Souths because of a falling out with an agent. So that means Seibold got gifted a team that Madge had built. If so Brisbane have really brought a dud, and Madge as we know is quite a respectable coach. Who is Seibolds agent? Just asking like.

Yeah I never understood the wraps the bloke got.

Just inherited a star studded team.

Did Madge fall out with Moses?

Edit: just read a Tallis rant saying Moses has 18 players on the Donkeys roster and the coach, and that he runs the club ... haha

Reactions: 2 users
Pozza

Pozza

Parra are in for a massive shock against the Storm if they think this is how easy finals footy is.
yes that's what they said about the Raiders. Even allowing for the poor opposition 58-nil is not too shabby.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Damo

Damo

Absolutely. They got our spot, and after watching tonight I can honestly say we would have lost by less than 58 points...just saying like.

I just want to hear what those wankers in Brisbane who want the Warriors out think now.
They need to get rid of the Broncos and bring in a new Brisbane team.

• Haha
Miket12

Miket12

Can some trainspotter help me? I understand Madge got the boot from Souths because of a falling out with an agent. So that means Seibold got gifted a team that Madge had built. If so Brisbane have really brought a dud, and Madge as we know is quite a respectable coach. Who is Seibolds agent? Just asking like.
Pick me.... pick me!!!! According to a Courier Mall article, Seibold’s agent is..... (drum roll please).... Issac Moses.

• Love
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Not going to lie, seeing Broncs supporters over on BHQ in full on meltdown is pretty fucking hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Pozza

Pozza

Darius slower than Bruce and I. Milford glorified touch footballer. Quite interesting the comparison between Shaun Johnson and Milford both have similar impact when it comes to finals

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Noitall

Noitall

Looks like Brisbane gonna have to part with some of those forwards for some halves

Reactions: 1 users
gpred

gpred

Contributor
Haven't been following the discussions in the last couple of weeks, as have been very busy. Probably haven't missed too much. I'm guessing 90% of us shitting our pants that we have signed a terrible coach for a few more years. And then on the other side the likes of Brightman, bright as he/she is, explaining to us simpler individuals why SK is amazing.

Anyway, I digress. What I wanted to say is that I would rather miss the 8 than get flogged by 60 in the first round like the Broncos just did. The Broncos, by virtue of being one of the NRL's cash cows have received the benefit of the doubt of refereeing decisions for a long time now (e.g. against us at Mt Smart this year). It's normally easy to hide because they have usually been a solid side. But now that they suck, it has resulted in them making the 8 when they don't belong there. Pretty much every team who missed the 8 (yes even the Tits) would have done better than them tonight.

As with any blatant exposure of NRL favoritism, this can only be good for the Warriors as the side who is the most disadvantaged side by the blatant referring bias seen week in and week out in the NRL which is fast transitioning from one of the best competitions in the world to one of the biggest shambles.

Reactions: 14 users
Pozza

Pozza

Haven't been following the discussions in the last couple of weeks, as have been very busy. Probably haven't missed too much. I'm guessing 90% of us shitting our pants that we have signed a terrible coach for a few more years. And then on the other side the likes of Brightman, bright as he/she is, explaining to us simpler individuals why SK is amazing.

Anyway, I digress. What I wanted to say is that I would rather miss the 8 than get flogged by 60 in the first round like the Broncos just did. The Broncos, by virtue of being one of the NRL's cash cows have received the benefit of the doubt of refereeing decisions for a long time now (e.g. against us at Mt Smart this year). It's normally easy to hide because they have usually been a solid side. But now that they suck, it has resulted in them making the 8 when they don't belong there. Pretty much every team who missed the 8 (yes even the Tits) would have done better than them tonight.

As with any blatant exposure of NRL favoritism, this can only be good for the Warriors as the side who is the most disadvantaged side by the blatant referring bias seen week in and week out in the NRL which is fast transitioning from one of the best competitions in the world to one of the biggest shambles.
you make some interesting points, the game which got them into the semis v parra was marred by reffing fuck ups

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
At least we lack the players to form a decent team.

Wonder what's wrong at the Broncos

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Pick me.... pick me!!!! According to a Courier Mall article, Seibold’s agent is..... (drum roll please).... Issac Moses.
Ok, and I don't want to start a conspiracy theory here, but I definitely recall reading that Madge was not offside with Souths at all, but "an agent" basically demanded he be sacked or else. If anybody demands :rolleyes: I will try and Google it. I thought it might have been Moses, who apparently is one of the most powerful agents in the game.

So Moses definitely hasn't been of any help to either Souths or the Broncs, and if I were the owners of the Warriors I would be watching the guy very closely. Souths had won a GF, and then sack the coach because of Moses, who then gets his man the job, and then gets him out of it and off to the Broncs. That is Billingsgate Fish market stuff isn't it.

I bet the Broncos board are spewing into their beer tonight.

The only good thing about all of that is the respect I have for Madge, and I am really looking forward to the tests here.

Reactions: 1 user
Pozza

Pozza

Ok, and I don't want to start a conspiracy theory here, but I definitely recall reading that Madge was not offside with Souths at all, but "an agent" basically demanded he be sacked or else. If anybody demands :rolleyes: I will try and Google it. I thought it might have been Moses, who apparently is one of the most powerful agents in the game.

So Moses definitely hasn't been of any help to either Souths or the Broncs, and if I were the owners of the Warriors I would be watching the guy very closely. Souths had won a GF, and then sack the coach because of Moses, who then gets his man the job, and then gets him out of it and off to the Broncs. That is Billingsgate Fish market stuff isn't it.

I bet the Broncos board are spewing into their beer tonight.

The only good thing about all of that is the respect I have for Madge, and I am really looking forward to the tests here.
[/QUOTE What do you reckon Haas and Fifitas value is after that insipid display today.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Not going to lie, seeing Broncs supporters over on BHQ in full on meltdown is pretty fucking hilarious.

Seen the Sharks Forever forum waxing lyrical on a certain former Warrior? Between the two forums it's damn funny.

I feel quite fine poking the borax at other fan forums because you can bet when/if the shoe is on the other foot and we go off our collective head, they come for a visit and it makes them laugh...