Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he was a form forward in the competition, with late offloads and defensive physicality, yet we debuted a 19 year old against the reigning premiers last week.
Yeah , satae didn't get a run either.
Ligi has been 18th man a couple of times. Vete is now in the mix too after people Said he had been maligned in the past.
I'm just hoping he makes it back to FG soon. I'm a fan and thought he'd improve this year.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Remember the halves he was selecting ahead of Benji a few years ago in our test series in England when both Shaun Johnson and Foran went down? We had no direction and it left us with no chance that series. It seems he would rather put his personal pride ahead of actual results when it comes to some players.

Such a fine line though.

It is hard to criticise him if he is protecting team culture and high expectations ahead of every thing else given the state of the team and the wasted talent over the last few years.

Stubborn or raising the standards of the team unit as a whole. Seems stubborn, but who knows how many of the positives of this season/ Kiwis success are due to him putting team firmly ahead of individual. Fucking up and spending weeks in the wilderness is a compelling reason not to fuck up. As a 2018 Warriors fan, culture and attitude come first in my expectations too. We have had a substantial reboot and it is great.

...or we could be completely misreading it. Who knows, could be mental well-being, could be family complications, could be recuperating from an embarrassing operation to remove a gangrenous third testicle. We are all just guessing.

People are going a bit over the top about Sao's form. He was playing well, but it's not like he was breaking the game open or making all these great plays. He was just doing his job.

I expect to see him back at some point but it's not like we're in desperate need of him at the moment.

People are going a bit over the top about Sao's form. He was playing well, but it's not like he was breaking the game open or making all these great plays. He was just doing his job.

I expect to see him back at some point but it's not like we're in desperate need of him at the moment.

He was attacking the line hard, not missing tackles, offloading and creating second phase play. Then Poof he’s gone to ISP for 5 weeks straight and guys who have taken his spot have been average at best. I think everyone just wants to know what happened.

He was attacking the line hard, not missing tackles, offloading and creating second phase play. Then Poof he’s gone to ISP for 5 weeks straight and guys who have taken his spot have been average at best. I think everyone just wants to know what happened.

He never really had a spot cemented to begin with. He was a replacement in the early rounds due to injury. The incumbents will always reclaim their spot unless Sao was in mercurial form. Which he wasn't...

There doesn't appear to be room for him on the bench at the moment either. Whether we like it or not, Lisone is an established FG player now and would likely need to play terribly to get dropped. Papalii seems to be above Sao in the pecking order and Gavet is back from injury this week... Even if he has pissed SK off or something, there really isn't much room for him at the moment anyway. There wasn't much point of carrying Sao and Mannering on the bench together when Simon returned.

Honestly, he was probably lucky to play in the Roosters game. Lisone was suspended and Satae (prop) was brought in, which basically meant Sao kept his lock/2nd row bench spot (Mannering was still injured). After looking at all the team lists, I reckon Sao has just been unlucky due to circumstances.

Reactions: jonesy101
He never really had a spot cemented to begin with. He was a replacement in the early rounds due to injury. The incumbents will always reclaim their spot unless Sao was in mercurial form. Which he wasn't...

There doesn't appear to be room for him on the bench at the moment either. Whether we like it or not, Lisone is an established FG player now and would likely need to play terribly to get dropped. Papalii seems to be above Sao in the pecking order and Gavet is back from injury this week... Even if he has pissed SK off or something, there really isn't much room for him at the moment anyway. There wasn't much point of carrying Sao and Mannering on the bench together when Simon returned.

Honestly, he was probably lucky to play in the Roosters game. Lisone was suspended and Satae (prop) was brought in, which basically meant Sao kept his lock/2nd row bench spot (Mannering was still injured). After looking at all the team lists, I reckon Sao has just been unlucky due to circumstances.

I vomiited a little when you said Lisone is an established FG player

No probs, like I said I dont even know his best position. It feels like hes in slow mo some times is what I mean, I dont think he has the pace on a dry track. You are probably right Im mistaking intensity for something else. Lisone I love, when he plays well hes a canon ball, but he just needs to get more of those games under his belt so he produces it consistently. I dont think hes a write off either, again he just needs a point in the right direction and he will be a very useful player running onto a short pass.
Point in the right direction ....involves a flight in the grey bird to super league

Reactions: Off The Bench
It will be interesting to see the make up of the bench come game time. Will Kearney really be able to resist having Gelling on the bench with Kata coming back from injury. I sure hope so, but I have a feeling sk like his insurance.

Our backs are monsters compared to theirs, bring your cross field kicking game Johnson and practice kicking to Fusitua you twit.

No more Shaun Johnson Bombs to the left, Manu has left the building.

Kata to drag five diminutive Wigers over the line to score a Try while his friend Ken does that thing with his hands in exasperation wtf am I even bothering at training this knobs a dick....he killed Manus paycheck and now hes depriving my familly....oh snap...camera....high five Solomone....love the way you play...yourre the greatest....

Our backs are monsters compared to theirs, bring your cross field kicking game Johnson and practice kicking to Fusitua you twit.
Problem is hes our least accurate half. So hopefully green does most of the attacking bombing, or if Mason does get chosen for 9, no doubt johnson is a good back up for them. but he often puts up a bomb that un contested, too long etc. im happpy with green doing all the attacking kicks and grubbers for the in goal. i think we can use johnsons punt though.

But yeah overall Fusitua is just a beast when it comes to hang time, I dont think we have had a better player under the high ball for tries. also both ken and david are great at the back in catching and returning. its one of my most enjoyed components of our play this last couple years.

Still got not Tigers gossip, I feel Im being told porkies that nothings doing.

Problem is hes our least accurate half. So hopefully green does most of the attacking bombing, or if Mason does get chosen for 9, no doubt johnson is a good back up for them. but he often puts up a bomb that un contested, too long etc. im happpy with green doing all the attacking kicks and grubbers for the in goal. i think we can use johnsons punt though.

But yeah overall Fusitua is just a beast when it comes to hang time, I dont think we have had a better player under the high ball for tries. also both ken and david are great at the back in catching and returning. its one of my most enjoyed components of our play this last couple years.

Still got not Tigers gossip, I feel Im being told porkies that nothings doing.

That’s all well and good except it removes the option of Johnson running on the last.... I would think defenses would be happy to see the ball out of Johnson’s hands.

That’s all well and good except it removes the option of Johnson running on the last.... I would think defenses would be happy to see the ball out of Johnson’s hands.
I dont see how, they now have a 7 who is good at game management with Johnson no longer being that player. also when Johnson has run on the last i rarely remember him faking a bomb, its usually a punt or grubber he will fake. i get your point but i dont feel its a big risk.

the last 6 years watching Johnson put up uncontestable bombs over and over again got tiresome many years ago. i think you have to use the most accurate and well timed bomber regardless and johnson will still fake a kick on the last and run when its not that play. because he wont be getting the ball if it is decided by the 7 whose job it is to decide game management has decided to bomb it and not pass it.

Reactions: Worried2Death

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Remember the halves he was selecting ahead of Benji a few years ago in our test series in England when both Shaun Johnson and Foran went down? We had no direction and it left us with no chance that series. It seems he would rather put his personal pride ahead of actual results when it comes to some players.
The choice of Benji wasn't Kearneys. It was the senior group and his halves partner who swore they would never play with him again. Just think about why he would rather go with Tohu Harris, Tuimoala Lolohea or Kodi Nikorima when Marshall was playing well.

Again, not Kearneys choice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.