Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpatmac

Well before Ligi Sao was demoted he was one of the stand out players in the team. He was near flawless. There has to be a reason why he was dropped.

Where did your rest conspiracy come from???

This is my issue with the selection or non-selection.

Sao was playing really, REALLY well.
Lisone has been poor for several weeks now.
If whatever Sao has done is so bad that he can't be picked ahead of people who are performing significantly below what he was doing then it is a big, big problem that needs addressing.

If a player can be as poor as Lisone has been and not be replaced by Sao then what is the point in even having him on contract? At this stage it would appear Kearney would rather name 16 than 17 if it requires him to include Sao.
That is an issue.

This is my issue with the selection or non-selection.

Sao was playing really, REALLY well.
Lisone has been poor for several weeks now.
If whatever Sao has done is so bad that he can't be picked ahead of people who are performing significantly below what he was doing then it is a big, big problem that needs addressing.

If a player can be as poor as Lisone has been and not be replaced by Sao then what is the point in even having him on contract? At this stage it would appear Kearney would rather name 16 than 17 if it requires him to include Sao.
That is an issue.

Remember the halves he was selecting ahead of Benji a few years ago in our test series in England when both Shaun Johnson and Foran went down? We had no direction and it left us with no chance that series. It seems he would rather put his personal pride ahead of actual results when it comes to some players.

Stalefish540

Contributor
I think Sao is just getting a rest boys.
Not sure where the Anti - Sao Kearney agenda conspiracy came from.
He played a role in the first 4 wins and was really solid. Not sure what he did wrong in the Roosters game to get exiled, besides getting KO'd by Radley. Have been following it because it's confusing, he has been throwing up solid stats and performances in ISP for the last month straight.

He has a big motor, decent runs, offload, solid D, good lateral movement. Hes a definite upgrade on Lisone or Vete, can cover Lock and at a pinch edge aswell.

I don't understand, so confusing?? o_O

Do the job? I can't agree with that. I honestly reckon I could pass better than him. How can a back up hooker have such poor passing skills?

You were asking the exact question about Gellings passing, but how can a guy we've had in our ranks for a number of years who has been training as a back up hooker be such a poor passer? It's either the clubs fault with his development or he just isn't up to it.

Fair point. Something to work on.

Word I heard from tigers mates is hes fallen out of flavour.
Feel sorry for Lolohea. Such a talented player but to me it seems like a mental issue he’s going through I’m sure the kid just wants to play football. If the super league offer does come up I hope he takes it. He’ll be a perfect replacement for Sam Tomkins who is now looking to be moved on. Look what a super league get away has done for the likes of Corey Thompson, Mahe Fonua and Blake Green. Sometimes it’s not just a place for retirement.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Do the job? I can't agree with that. I honestly reckon I could pass better than him. How can a back up hooker have such poor passing skills?

You were asking the exact question about Gellings passing, but how can a guy we've had in our ranks for a number of years who has been training as a back up hooker be such a poor passer? It's either the clubs fault with his development or he just isn't up to it.

Josh McGuire, Aidan Tolman and Jamie Buhrer have played a bit of dummy half in the NRL recently. Sometimes coaches care more about their middle defence than passing.

Haha how did my post about Lawton and Jazz turn into another Shaun Johnson to centre Lino to 7 novel?! ;) Shaun Johnson to centre isn't happening bud.
Hehe, somebodies got to keep trying haha, I refuse to lose another home grown half. I think Lino is pretty much Green in a younger mans body. I was just shocked when we bought that Parra/Doggies 6 as I thought Lino was going to step up to do the organising and let Johnson play his game. he clearly showed u21s and NSW cup he was ready to be slowly blooded in when we had Tommy. Anyway, I actually do think Johnson would make a good centre now hes put on some MUS. Hes not that short either at 5'10. I dont mean permanently, just when we are down a player from hooker to centre, Lino injected back in and Johnson at centre is a single pot glue fix, plus I seriously think Green could put Johnson into some open space and Johnson put Fusitua into an open flank.

Anyway back to the hooker. I dont think Luke is going to play, i think its the warriors showing the final signs they have come of age as a Pro team. Its Propaganda. Love it.

So if hes not playing, Id go with Lawton, Im not sure if Id keep Lino on the bench, but if Luke is playing, Id have Lino on the bench to cover the Luke and Johnson and possibly Kata's injury with Johnson moving to centre. Lino really could become a massive Hooker and halves utility that also means we dont have to replace multiple players. Which also means we could potentially sell a whole lotta backs and have some money to buy another Harris 2.0.

RE Jazz, I like the guy, same as I like Lisone, think they both have a great attitude. But I think Jazz just lacks intensity. He doesnt have the "Rapana" juice just yet, ie play every game like its your last. Im not sure what his best position really is either. But I dont want to write him off. He needs some NSW time and some serious speed shifting coaching.

I love that Kearney doesn't seem bothered with this part time playing crap. It seems he means to play who he deems best of available for 80 mins. His bench is forwards, standard, and cover for whoever may be carrying a niggle. Seems simple.

Reactions: Sup42
Hehe, somebodies got to keep trying haha, I refuse to lose another home grown half. I think Lino is pretty much Green in a younger mans body. I was just shocked when we bought that Parra/Doggies 6 as I thought Lino was going to step up to do the organising and let Johnson play his game. he clearly showed u21s and NSW cup he was ready to be slowly blooded in when we had Tommy. Anyway, I actually do think Johnson would make a good centre now hes put on some MUS. Hes not that short either at 5'10. I dont mean permanently, just when we are down a player from hooker to centre, Lino injected back in and Johnson at centre is a single pot glue fix, plus I seriously think Green could put Johnson into some open space and Johnson put Fusitua into an open flank.

Anyway back to the hooker. I dont think Luke is going to play, i think its the warriors showing the final signs they have come of age as a Pro team. Its Propaganda. Love it.

So if hes not playing, Id go with Lawton, Im not sure if Id keep Lino on the bench, but if Luke is playing, Id have Lino on the bench to cover the Luke and Johnson and possibly Kata's injury with Johnson moving to centre. Lino really could become a massive Hooker and halves utility that also means we dont have to replace multiple players. Which also means we could potentially sell a whole lotta backs and have some money to buy another Harris 2.0.

RE Jazz, I like the guy, same as I like Lisone, think they both have a great attitude. But I think Jazz just lacks intensity. He doesnt have the "Rapana" juice just yet, ie play every game like its your last. Im not sure what his best position really is either. But I dont want to write him off. He needs some NSW time and some serious speed shifting coaching.
What!?!? Respectfully, disagree. The main thing going for Jazz is he effort / intensity... and Lisone is often criticized for his lack there of.

Anyway, regarding the dummy half situation... I would not risk Luke unless he gets through the week without even the slightest set back (and even then I might be inclined to rest him, its a long season and he'll be instrumental to our success).

If Luke is ruled out (the most likely scenario) I would like to see Lawton start but I doubt he will be up to playing 80 (its a big set up from NSW Cup). From what we saw of Cook earlier in the year, I'm not sure he offers much which might favour Lino. While I'm not as confident as some in his ability to play dummy half (he's a halfback), he'd probably do at least as well as Cook and has the benefit of providing higher level cover for the halves than Cook.

Also, really excited to see Gavet back!!

Sao must've done something behind closed doors... to bad because he was playing well.

What!?!? Respectfully, disagree. The main thing going for Jazz is he effort / intensity... and Lisone is often criticized for his lack there of.
No probs, like I said I dont even know his best position. It feels like hes in slow mo some times is what I mean, I dont think he has the pace on a dry track. You are probably right Im mistaking intensity for something else. Lisone I love, when he plays well hes a canon ball, but he just needs to get more of those games under his belt so he produces it consistently. I dont think hes a write off either, again he just needs a point in the right direction and he will be a very useful player running onto a short pass.

I just think it could be a way of rotating the lesser established props through FG.
Sao, Satae, Albie. Couple of weeks each in the dance, back to ISP to work on something.

if that is the case why is Lisone still in first grade ?

Someone mentioned earlier he had been poor for weeks, id say closer to months not weeks, he has one decent game then he seems to cement a spot for a month

id have a bench of Gavet, Lawton, Papalli and Satae

I can't be mad at this line up

Sure there are some issues from the outside looking in for us as fans ( Eg: Mannering still on an edge, Lisone over Sao )

But overall it's a very solid looking line up with form ( Storm game aside ) & experience

Looking forward to seeing what Lawton brings to the table, a genuine utility will be crucial for us moving forward IMO

I fully expect this team to be champing at the bit & ready to wage war after our Anzac Day abomination

Wigers won't go down easy so our men simply have to bring it & bring it hard

Go The Warriors !!!

I can't be mad at this line up

Totally agree. I expect Lawton to start at Hooker and Lino to replace him on the bench.

Is anyone buying into Luke playing? I just dont see how a 4 week injury heals in 1.5. Unless the Docs got it totally wrong the first time.

Hiku in that centre spot on offer is fair enough imo. We have like 5 players vollying for that spot.

Its pretty much full strength. Where is Beale at in the scheme of the season?

Im trying to get the Tigers inside gossip, nothing so far.

I think there is every reason to have faith that we will bring the intensity. We were pretty even in the second half against the best team in the comp. The first half will have exposed weaknesses which they will have worked on. Its at home. Its pretty much full strength, a well picked squad.

If Luke really is playing, Im expecting Warriors reasonably comfortable, there abouts (dont quote me ROFL, all these teams are within a whisker of each other). I think they will be testing our goal line defense often, I expect a first half try for them and some late magic for bunji.

If Luke isnt playing, I think we will still win but it will be a bit closer. Tigers look a lot better with Bunji playing well. Have had a good squad for 5 seasons now and probably under achieved a bit.

Anyone else think Warriors have this one?

7/9 would be sweet, and a big effort the following weekend (sports bet have us slightly favs over easts), 8/10 would be awesome and hopefully parra drop their game and 9 wins would be SWEET, vs our usual 3/11 lol. One last shove over the bunnies, which is at home and thats us 10/12, right on origin time and our bye, we could be in top spot. Either way if that all goes to plan that means we need 3/12 to make the 8. I dont remember the last time we were in that kind of position half way, outside our first GF year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off The Bench
Status
Not open for further replies.