Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Did Fale get a job as entertainment manager ?

Main features:

• Commonwealth Games athletes making special appearance as guests in the Corporate Lounge as well as being acknowledged on-field about 6.50pm.
  • Gumboot throwing and stubbie swap competition at halftime.
  • DJ Shape rolling out plenty of New Zealand tunes in the Entertainment Precinct and no end of Kiwi music around the stadium. After all, May means New Zealand Music Month.
  • Hug cam. Watch out for it. You could be on the big screen.
  • Enjoy watching our regular Woodstock ‘Kick for Cash’ competition at halftime.
  • ACC Big Warm-Up and mini mod footy in the build-up to the big game Manurewa Marlins v Richmond Rovers (under-11s), Papamoa Bulldogs v Hoterini (under-9s) and Hamilton City Tigers v Hoterini (under-7s).
  • Coin toss involving the rival captains plus a lucky Vodafone Warriors member.
  • Keep your eyes out for Tiki, who’ll be putting on some moves throughout the evening.
  • The Canterbury of New Zealand T-Shirt Cannon will be in business again. Which player will be firing it?
  • Vodafone Stadium Live app is a great in-game tool. Download it.
  • Also play Grandstand Millionaire. Download Vodafone’s Stadium Live app to play. Your challenge is to guess the try-scorers in exact order in the Vodafone Warriors v Wests Tigers.
  • Free trains to and from Mount Smart Stadium for fans holding membership cards or pre-purchased tickets (remember to hold onto your ticket for the return trip after the game).
  • No cheerleaders.

• Entertainment Precinct:
  • Make the most of the revamped Members’ Clubrooms. Great place to meet before the game and afterwards. Members-only venue including MC and post-match interviews.
  • The Woodstock Bar is also a big game day attraction. It’s open for every home game. All fans are welcome.
  • The food alley is a major game day attraction with an array of gourmet options in an area set off by an Astro-turf surface, fairy lights and places to hang out.
  • The merchandise van will be on hand again. Look out for a game day offer from the black range.
  • Drums of the Pacific will be performing at Gate B and Gate C before the match and from the stage in the Entertainment Precinct throughout the contest.
  • The Suzuki Swift Road Warrior will be on show. Make sure you register to go in the draw for your chance to win this great set of wheels at the end of the season.
  • Harvey Norman Community Warriors will again have loads of activities on offer – bin pong, passing wall, face painting and Smile Dealers. Look out for Kiwiana theming.
That happens every home game. Looks like someone has just bothered to put it down and share it. Job insecurities with the new owners maybe???

Reaction score

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My Jaw is on the ground seeing Luke’s name in the teamsheet
I'm gonna be the umpteenth person to agree. Hope they're not pushing him out on the field too soon risking an even worse injury... will trust SK knows what he's doing. "Subject to fitness test" and all that.

Reaction score
Super Freak

Super Freak

Brisbane Broncos Bench Player
Reaction score
Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Mahe Fonua, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Matthew Eisenhuth, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Josh Aloiai, 16 Michael Chee-Kam, 17 Sauaso Sue Reserves: 18 Tim Grant, 19 Matt McIlwrick, 20 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 21 Tyson Gamble
It sucks that the Tigers are coming up against the Warriors.

Thompson is in my fantasy team and I can't see the Warriors defence being bad this week.

Reaction score

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think Luke is just mind games.
Possibly, but wouldn't it be better mind-games not to list Luke, then pull him out to play at the last minute?

Reaction score
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well thats completely impossible now with Jazz Tevaga not being named...
That was my initial point - Matt had tweeted that Jazz was to start for Luke a few hours before the team naming. Funny that Jazz was completely ommited (injury) and Luke is a chance to start. Matt is usually on the money too.

I just hope they don't rush Luke back, but I'm happier with Lawton startng at 9 rather than Jazz anyway...

Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He might have a bit of something floating around in his knee ( Luke)
Surgery might be needed to clean it out if it gets stuck and fucks his knee.
Could've just been a sprain though.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
That was my initial point - Matt had tweeted that Jazz was to start for Luke a few hours before the team naming. Funny that Jazz was completely ommited (injury) and Luke is a chance to start. Matt is usually on the money too.

I just hope they don't rush Luke back, but I'm happier with Lawton startng at 9 rather than Jazz anyway...
Matt: 'hey Stevie, help a Brother out man, got an inside word for me to tweet out?'
SK: 'you know, Luke is, you know, injured so, um, you know jazz will play hooker, you know, um, definately'

SK under his breath walking away: 'the name is Stephen or Steve mofo'

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Fold it
Contributor
Reaction score
Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Mahe Fonua, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Matthew Eisenhuth, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Josh Aloiai, 16 Michael Chee-Kam, 17 Sauaso Sue Reserves: 18 Tim Grant, 19 Matt McIlwrick, 20 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 21 Tyson Gamble
Would be surprised to see Godinet go 80?? So if Taylor spends some time there that would be good for us, because his DH service is Tevagaesque.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Good to see the injured players back. Johnson and Kata were due to return. Also good to have Gavet back a week early than anticipated.

Luke all of the articles 4 days ago were for 4 weeks. Hopefully its not a case of 10-20 minutes and we hear he has an issue again. There will be some remotes flying towards TVs around the country if that happens.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Would be surprised to see Godinet go 80?? So if Taylor spends some time there that would be good for us, because his DH service is Tevagaesque.
I thought it was tevaga who was tayloresque? they both know how to pass the ball to the grass but only Taylor can do it without looking.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I like the team. Mind games re Bully?

Maybe.

But if he gets cut I'd like to see Lawton have a start with Lino as utility/hooker so he can cover SJ if his groin injury arises again.

Reaction score

up the guts

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I like the team. Mind games re Bully?

Maybe.

But if he gets cut I'd like to see Lawton have a start with Lino as utility/hooker so he can cover SJ if his groin injury arises again.
Im keen on lawton too .... but playin with the big boys for 80 for the 1st time in eons is a stretch , if johnson goes down early

Reaction score
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good side can't really complain. Mannering on the edge is meh and so is Lisone but otherwise great.

Agree with those who would start Lawton at 9 if Bully ruled out. If he plays then I hope Lawton is given a decent run as in not the last 5 mins of the game for two reasons 1. To see what the kid has got and 2. To preserve Bully somewhat as he is so important moving forward.

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
No Packer is a bonus for us.

Tigers base their game around defending, like us, so should be a very good game.

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good to see Gavet back. Kind of missed his aggression over the last few weeks. Hopefully he’s 100% for the rest of the year.

Kinda feel sorry for Ligi Sao he’s been good this year. Whatever he’s done I hope he does well in ISP to get back in First Grade.

Can’t wait to see how Lawton goes. Kind of reminds me a Granville.

Reaction score

Snoopy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Great to have SJ, Harris, Kata and Gavet back. Luke is a surprise and a bonus although doubt that he will play. In any case Lawton will be a good backup.

Feeling good about this game now although there is so much on the line. A win and the season is back on track and a loss and all the doubts will be back.

Go Warriors!!

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good side. Excited to see Lawton get his start.
If he goes well can see him becoming our regular utility (or Lukes fill in).
Tigers side looks sharp. Their backline is the one I’ve been waiting for all season.
Packer out is big for us but their bench has been strong all year.
Hoepwfull we can give Mutts an unhappy welcome home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom