Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

WarriorBall

Just listening to Kearney on the radio they were working off worst case scenario but after the long break Luke’s pulled up much better than expected.

You’d think to bother naming him he’d have to more than 50/50.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That's pretty close to our best team- just hope they're all running freely.
I assume papa will come on and push mannering into the middle where he belongs.

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
For mine that looks like a better balanced 17 with no Tevaga in it.

Bunty goes better off the bench, would've had Gavet starting.

Apart from that I'm pretty stoked with that team.

Reaction score

Sammyw11

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
when pulu is fit, who drops out? papalii? i know i will be yelled at for this but honestly i would have pulu and papalii ahead of mannering. UNLESS mannering will be used at 13. he has no business being on the fringes in attack or defence anymore

Reaction score
Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Issac Luke makes shock return to Warriors team to face Tigers
Issac Luke could make a shock return against the Wests Tigers this Saturday.

The hooker was expected to be sidelined for at least a month after suffering a knee injury against the Storm last Wednesday, which saw him leave the field in the 16th minute of that match.

But the Kiwis stalwart trained on Monday and has been selected to start, pending a fitness test before the match.

Four other frontline players also return from injury for Saturday's match.

Halfback Shaun Johnson and centre Solomone Kata make their comebacks after missing the last two outings against St George Illawarra and Melbourne while second rower Tohu

Harris also returns after being ruled out of the clash against the Storm after suffering a concussion against the Dragons.

James Gavet, who played in the first three matches of the season, has been included on the bench after missing the last five rounds with a hamstring injury picked up on the eve of the fourth-round encounter with the Sydney Roosters in March.

He played 38 minutes in the Warriors' 20-18 Intrust Super Premiership win over the Newtown Jets last Saturday, making 139 metres from 14 runs as well as 17 tackles.

Named on the extended bench in jersey No 14 is former Gold Coast utility Karl Lawton, who was signed in early March.

Used at hooker with the club's ISP side, he's in line to become Warrior #229, the ninth player to make his debut for the club so far this year.

Lawton comes onto the bench for Jazz Tevaga, who has been ruled out with a shoulder injury while Anthony Gelling, Mason Lino and Isaiah Papali'i, all starters against the Storm, are on the extended bench.

Johnson is set to make his 149th career appearance leaving him in line to achieve his 150-game milestone at home against the Roosters on May 12.

The Warriors face a programme of three matches at Mount Smart Stadium in May with the Roosters (May 12) and South Sydney (May 26) follow while they're away to Parramatta on May 18.

They come off a heavy loss to Melbourne after beating competition leader St George Illawarra five days earlier, a result which leaves them third on the ladder with six wins and two losses a third of the way through the season.

Warriors v Wests Tigers
7.30pm, Saturday, May 01, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
Referees: Ben Cummins And Grant Atkins
Warriors
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (C)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Blake Green
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Bunty Afoa
9 Issac Luke
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Tohu Harris
13 Adam Blair
Interchange
14 Karl Lawton
15 Sam Lisone
16 Isaiah Papali'i
17 James Gavet

18 Anthony Gelling
20 Mason Lino
21 Albert Vete
22 Sam Cook
(Four to be omitted)
Stephen Kearney

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Fold it
Contributor
Reaction score
Surely too many boxes to tick for Luke before Saturday?? Lets not cook the golden goose any further and really derail the season Kearney!!!

From what i've seen of Lawton in ISP and reading the weekly game stat breakdowns, hes definitely not your typical tackle all day hooker. So the middles will have to work abit harder, but the Tigers carry Godinet and Liddle who are much the same as Lawton so we should be alright hopefully.

Unlucky for Jazz with the shoulder, hes tried his guts out every game so can't fault his efforts. But i'm keen to see how the balance of the team goes without him, and how the bench is used.

R.I.P Ligi Sao...King Kearney specifically told you the last brussel sprout was his, and you chose to disobey. You are now banished to ISP for 2018. As extra punishment you will take weekly tackling tips from Lisone, and clean his boots before game day.

Good looking team Kearney, good luck Warriors!!

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Did anybody actually see Luke get injured?

Connect the dots people, connect the dots.

The Kearney that can be spoken is not the true Kearney...

Reaction score
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reaction score
Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Mahe Fonua, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Matthew Eisenhuth, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Josh Aloiai, 16 Michael Chee-Kam, 17 Sauaso Sue Reserves: 18 Tim Grant, 19 Matt McIlwrick, 20 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 21 Tyson Gamble

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Lawton is pretty strong on defense from what Ive seen in his time at the titans and a few q cup games. Much stronger than cook. And godinet for that matter.... I'm sure a few of ours boys will be looking to get at him.

Reaction score
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looks like he deleted it, what did he say?
Said that Jazz Tevaga was to come into the starting side for Luke, with Lawton on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom