Team List NRL 2018 Round 9 - Warriors vs Tigers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Always love the Warriors vs Tigers matches; Balmain was my team pre 95. Like a couple of others have said, this is a kind of game that can be like a banana skin for us... lots of kiwis in the Tigers, and Uncle Ivan coming back home to Auckland. I'm just looking for a nice solid effort, and a comfortable-close scoreline. A win without dramas would be just dandy-o.

Reactions: 1 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Refused to buy Sky as they only show three games a week! Purchased the WatchNRL for £125 and can watch the games anytime I like! And Chorme Cast to the telly. Very good investment...
I use it for cricket, some football, esl, boxing. Daughters and the missus use the film channels and I download box sets. Paying over £100 a month but get my phone line, phone calls and broadband connection in that. Sky Q which has two boxes, one portable that gets the signal off my WiFi router.

Expensive but it gets a lot of use

Reactions: 1 user
rugged

rugged

es I agree. Although Im not sure hes that much of a push over. I think hes about 75% tackle efficiency, so 6% behind Luke. He gives away 6kg but that was weighed when Luke was a little less trim. Both about same height. But Id like to have seen him in NSW Cup first. Problem is hes such a damn good 7 thats never going to happen when hes the driving force in us making the 8.
Difference is that Lino has that lower tackle effciencyy when he is being protected on defence,, chuck him the middle and I think you will see that drop

AusWarriorsFan

Difference is that Lino has that lower tackle effciencyy when he is being protected on defence,, chuck him the middle and I think you will see that drop
Yep I agree. But hes not a Maloney, he just needs more practise at it, and he wont be getting the 1st grade focus on defense that SK is dishing out which is a shame. That would be the only reason im hesitant to play him in a big game with no experience at the position. I think offensively hed go great, defensively he needs some work. But easier to teach that than to teach all the skills that make a brilliant half. I can see him actually being really good at 9. But when would you try him there, hes the go forward of NSW cup, so to swap him from 7 to 9 there might impact our top 8 chances.

But with the injuries in the back line i think id rather risk him at 9 and if he needs to be 7 brilliant, or if Kata goes down shuffle one wide etc, rather than at the moment I can only trust lawton in 9. in other words Lino covers 3 recovering players plus any more that might injur in the back line, lawton simply covers Luke. Unless you believe what Wiki says about Lawton lol. No doubt at one point he had a chance at wing/centre, he has the right body type. But hes never been and never will be a 7 or 6 which are the most pivotal roles in offensive game management.

Perhaps Lino could show up for the Howick Hornets as well this weekend to practise playing hooker hahahaha.

AusWarriorsFan

I use it for cricket, some football, esl, boxing. Daughters and the missus use the film channels and I download box sets. Paying over £100 a month but get my phone line, phone calls and broadband connection in that. Sky Q which has two boxes, one portable that gets the signal off my WiFi router.

Expensive but it gets a lot of use
Yeah and some months no for me. Im fox, but I get use some months and when in NZ not as much via Fox Online or whatever its called.

The only problem with Watch NRL only product is its streaming quality is quite low. Ive not tried the product from the NRL/Telstra on a phone but thats even cheaper. But whatever you do you need a quality DNS.

Ive got Netflix, Prime, Fox all online. I havnt watched free to air TV in 5-6 years. Even if I need to I just watch the on demand stuff.

Id like to see Fox offer a pay per match offering, like $5 a game on that Watch NRL product. It is cheap if you buy it at the start of season. But i wish I could pay $5 pay per view to watch Warriors game, then drop my Fox package and watch the other games on replay. I struggle to fit every game in this year, I feel like im in an eating competition gorging myself on footy games lol. If it was $10 they need to increase the quality of the stream substantially.

But then I do watch F1, E1, Bundesliga, UFC with a sprinkling of golf, mostly PGA but like watching Lydia Koh so follow her rounds when I can.

Pay TV will change sooner or later with the higher amounts of fibre net in Aus and NZ rising. NRL is just the start. I think eventually there will be more refined and more affordable packages for online consumption.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I can't agree with the thoughts of a 60% Luke being better than a 100% Lawton. When Luke tires ( not as much this year) he struggles to make it to dummy half , drops out of the line and makes errors. Thankfully not the case in 2018 but still think that a 60% player is a risk.

Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

Well if Luke isnt playing which ever way we go is about as bad as each other lol.

Id put Lawton on the field and Lino on the bench to cover the other injuries. If Luke is playing, Id just put Lino on the bench.

Either way my tigers mates are confident rofl. Until I reminded them who is returning for us this week and how soft a draw they have had and half their wins they have scraped through ;-p

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Well if Luke isnt playing which ever way we go is about as bad as each other lol.

Id put Lawton on the field and Lino on the bench to cover the other injuries. If Luke is playing, Id just put Lino on the bench.

Either way my tigers mates are confident rofl. Until I reminded them who is returning for us this week and how soft a draw they have had and half their wins they have scraped through ;-p

Tigers fans always seem to be confident, even when they’re cellar dwellers they still think they have a contender team

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Tigers fans always seem to be confident, even when they’re cellar dwellers they still think they have a contender team

They're a decent bunch the Tigers faithful. Both our sides are playing well, and as fans of teams that have had to endure years of mediocrity, I think we deserve to boast about our respective clubs success so far in 2018.

I'm just looking forward to a good game between the two sides. May the best team win.

AusWarriorsFan

Oh I gave them every bit of where we are at statistics wise and how much harder our draw is and playing without key players its all still easy peasy lol.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Reactions: 2 users

Danpatmac

Final team:

VODAFONE WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS

7.30pm, Saturday, May 05, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
Referees: Ben Cummins and Grant Atkins

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)