General NRL 2018 Round 9 - General Discussion

AusWarriorsFan

I didnt say this before but ill say it now. I reckon we would have beaten the Storm last week had the key players been available. They are missing Cronk and Harris.
Thats what took them so long to get going. I never doubted they would turn into GF favs at sportsbet, hence my prediction of them beating us after they walloped a team 40-10 the weekend before.

It was just a freaky first half, they would have taken the skin off any team. We were even stevens second half.

Im not worried, if we play them at home and we are full strength my prediction from first game will swing to us winning that game.

This Dragons game is just a poor performance after a few weeks of brilliance. It happens to all the teams.

I still rate the storm the team to beat not the Dragons. I know that sounds strange after the Dragons have now done them twice. But I dont have faith in Dragons coach when it comes time to the finals.

Reactions: 1 user
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Moses, Keary and Bird are hardly putting their hands up for selection.

Pearce and Cleary are injured. Although there is talk coming out of Penrith that Cleary might be ready to go as early as round 11.

Green is the 2nd best acting halve that NSW have, behind Maloney.

I'm a bit conflicted. I would like to see Green get an opportunity to play SOO as it's the top representative accolade he'll likely receive. His current form warrants selection. It wouldn't surprise me if it's on his wish list of things, next to winning a premiership with the Warriors ;)

Mate, you're missing the favourite. Maloney is 6 for NSW this year. And Reynolds for 7. You heard it here

Reactions: 2 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Mate, you're missing the favourite. Maloney is 6 for NSW this year. And Reynolds for 7. You heard it here
Totally overlooked Reynolds. He's been decent too so could be a chance, absolutely.

But I still think that Green has the inside running ;)

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Totally overlooked Reynolds. He's been decent too so could be a chance, absolutely.

But I still think that Green has the inside running ;)
We'll see. I think your eye patch is clouding your judgement lol . On ya! He's a good bloke. Deserves it if he does. But Maloney has more potential to beat QLD.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

God I feel dirty going for Manly but we really need them to keep Easts out of the 8 and kindly beat the shit out them for us.

Let's go Timmy Turbo or whatever your ridiculous name is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

We'll see. I think your eye patch is clouding your judgement lol . On ya! He's a good bloke. Deserves it if he does. But Maloney has more potential to beat QLD.
Giphy20

You might be right ;)

• Haha
Sup42

Sup42

Did Cameron Smith get a squirrel tackle earlier in the game? Looked like he was in "slight" discomfort in the nether region.
He copped a back fist to the nuts from Jeremy Latimore....must have been a pay off from his Warriors mates after the fifty point belting.

Official record says accidental.

Reactions: 1 users
AlexM

AlexM

This match is even. Not sure if that's good for manly or bad for the roosters.

So satisfying watching them both struggle.

Reactions: 3 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
If we don't KO this Roosters pack again next week, I will be seriously dissapointed. They really are mediocre.

Hope this game goes to golden point and they beat eachother to a pulp, with Roosters just winning to give them some false confidence.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
He copped a back fist to the nuts from Jeremy Latimore....must have been a pay off from his Warriors mates after the fifty point belting.

Official record says accidental.

Had to laugh, was at the game and saw Cam on his haunches my (female) mate was like “what’s wrong, hurt ankle” was like nonono that’s a pain Everyman understands-nut shot!
Turns out I was right :D

• Haha

kurgal

THe Storm have flattered the Dragons today. Made them look a lote better than they are by playing some horrible footy. Fuck you cu**s for playing the game of your life’s against us

You stole my thoughts. :)

My other thought: Melbourne sure are the masters of the flat and forward pass, aren't they?

Sup42

Sup42

Had to laugh, was at the game and saw Cam on his haunches my (female) mate was like “what’s wrong, hurt ankle” was like nonono that’s a pain Everyman understands-nut shot!
Turns out I was right :D
So funny you mention your female mate....gotta walk a fine line here for risk of sexism but girls dont get wot happens with a nut shot....unless you can convince them it is like a quick burst of Labor pains without the promise of creating life.....

And then a Woman will point out ' 36 hours' and you know you got no come back....arguments about less nerve endings and different physiology.....starts to sound like you are whining....

Having come close to death 24 times with Man Flu I concede defeat to the Terminators in frocks.

Last edited:
  • Haha